Engines fuel consumption config

I don’t think there is one (not directly). Efficiency is handled by the Isp (specific impulse) of the engine which is found in the ModuleEngines/Key section.

If you like maths, you can find the answer using

m = F / Isp

where m = mass of fuel in Kg used in 1s, F = Force in Newtons (thrust for engines) and Isp is the specific impulse of the engine.

I’m not sure of the context of your question  but if you are trying to change the efficiency, just change the second number of the 2 separated by a comma in section mentioned above as this is basically the Isp the game uses. Higher = more efficient.

Ie

Key 0, 100 changed to 0, 200 makes the engine twice as efficient in a vacuum.

@FruitGoose is correct and just to add to that, it can be a little confusing because the in-game stats for engines do have a section that tells you what the propellant burn rate is. If I had to guess, that is so you can manually calculate fuel ratios in odd tank setups if you need to - kind of an obsolete practice now that everyone uses either stock dV readouts or MechJeb/KER stats for that sort of planning.

The only thing that affects propellant burn rate in the engine.cfg file is “maxThrust” and “atmosphereCurve” (isp). An algorithm factors those two  stats together and determines how quickly propellant is burned.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.