Did you know? [Your place to post random facts]

Dr. Kerbal

Welcome to the forum game, did you know. The point of this game is to post a fact about a random thing, time, or anything. Post your random facts here. And remember to follow all forums guidelines. 

Ill start first.

Did you know songs from 1924 are copyright free now?

Edited by Dr. Kerbal

Did you know that the first mobile tower crane (Not the regular tower cranes you see in large cities. Those are assembled by mobile cranes on the site) was invented in 1949 by Hans Liebherr?  It is basically small tower (And jib) sections that are connected by hinges and winches/cables/hydraulics so they can fold down onto a trailer. So instead of needing 10 trucks and a mobile cranes for a regular tower crane, you have 1 truck (Sometimes 2; 1 for transporting the actual crane, and 1 for transporting the counterweight). Liebherr also makes mobile construction cranes (The MK 73-3.1, MK 88-4.1, and MK 140), so instead of having the mobile tower crane on a trailer, it is directly mounted to a vehicle.  Spierings also makes mobile construction cranes, but they look kind of ugly (In my opinion)

https://www.liebherr.com/en/usa/about-liebherr/history/1949-1960.html

liebherr-L1-24-fast-erecting-crane.jpgliebherr-L1-24-fast-erecting-crane.jpgliebherr-fast-erecting-crane-53k.jpgliebherr-fast-erecting-crane-53k.jpg

I will post more pictures here later, or you can look them up yourself. Sorry if that sounds harsh or like I am lazy or something, but I have slow internet, and right now it is even slower than normal, so it is taking over 8 minutes to load a single webpage. 

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

16 minutes ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

Did you know that the first mobile tower crane (Not the regular tower cranes you see in large cities. Those are assembled by mobile cranes on the site) was invented in 1949 by Hans Liebherr?  It is basically small tower (And jib) sections that are connected by hinges and winches/cables/hydraulics so they can fold down onto a trailer. So instead of needing 10 trucks and a mobile cranes for a regular tower crane, you have 1 truck (Sometimes 2; 1 for transporting the actual crane, and 1 for transporting the counterweight). Liebherr also makes mobile construction cranes (The MK 73-3.1, MK 88-4.1, and MK 140), so instead of having the mobile tower crane on a trailer, it is directly mounted to a vehicle.  Spierings also makes mobile construction cranes, but they look kind of ugly (In my opinion)

https://www.liebherr.com/en/usa/about-liebherr/history/1949-1960.html

liebherr-L1-24-fast-erecting-crane.jpgliebherr-L1-24-fast-erecting-crane.jpgliebherr-fast-erecting-crane-53k.jpgliebherr-fast-erecting-crane-53k.jpg

I will post more pictures here later, or you can look them up yourself. Sorry if that sounds harsh or like I am lazy or something, but I have slow internet, and right now it is even slower than normal, so it is taking over 8 minutes to load a single webpage. 

Did you knwo the first forums game is 57 years old?

No, but did you know that you are almost at 700 reputation points? (I couldn't think of anything better to post right now)

Spoiler

:rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep::rep:

Edited by Ben J. Kerman
Most of the emojis turned into :rep:, and that was probably too many anyway

1 hour ago, Max von Kerman said:

Oh nice so my 13th subscriber was u! I was wondering cuz i didnt get a alert email

Did you know that I actually might film a KSP movie this weekend. 

1 hour ago, Max von Kerman said:

@Dr.kerbalI noticed that u r very into Lieberr truck cranes.

I am! I am very interest though on how to make KSP look pretty though. Any mods you recommend? And did you knwo that the number three is 3?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.