Kerbal Space Program Webstore Back Online

StarSlay3r

We discovered unauthorized accesses to a small number of customer KSP webstore accounts using valid login credentials.  In a subset of these accounts, the unauthorized parties were able to successfully redeem Steam key redemption codes for KSP webstore-purchased games.  The Steam key functionality was available only to a select number of “early adopter” account holders who had previously purchased KSP as direct download entitlement before it was released on Steam.  

We have no indication of a compromise of Take-Two, Private Division’s, or Kerbal Space Program’s systems, so we believe that the usernames and passwords to the KSP webstore accounts which were likely obtained elsewhere, such as from another website where individuals used the same credentials. We have taken action to block any further unauthorized access to the KSP webstore accounts and have implemented a forced password reset for all affected KSP webstore accounts.

In an abundance of caution, we have additionally implemented a forced password change for all KSP webstore accounts.  This does not mean that your account was accessed by unauthorized parties.

Where a Steam key was redeemed, we have revoked the prior Steam key and are restoring the KSP webstore account to its original state, with access to the direct download version.

We thank you for your patience during the time the KSP webstore accounts were taken down. If you have any further questions, please email [email protected].

3 hours ago, KSPStar said:

We discovered unauthorized accesses to a small number of customer KSP webstore accounts using valid login credentials.  In a subset of these accounts

Maybe you’re not allowed to disclose, but is this in any way related to the deletion of @The Doodling Astronaut’s account?

1 hour ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Maybe you’re not allowed to disclose, but is this in any way related to the deletion of @The Doodling Astronaut’s account?

I just to reading this article, this is talking about ksp webstore. I don’t think they are both related. Probably not a great idea to speculate 

2 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

I don't think you're going to get an answer for this question. I doubt they'd be willing to delve into specifics, and there's privacy concerns too.

27 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Probably not a great idea to speculate 

^This.

Thanks, I wanted to play this game few weeks ago and the account was  unavailable... I bought a direct download in 2013.

I will play this weekend... I love this game.

2 hours ago, obi_juan said:

Thanks, I wanted to play this game few weeks ago and the account was  unavailable... I bought a direct download in 2013.

I will play this weekend... I love this game.

:) :):cool::):cool:

Fantasitic, and as it is a security issue it makes total sense that they didn't anounce it, potentially advertising the weakness or vulnerablility (or in this case people reusing passwords across sites).

Have those who's accounts were accessed been informed? It could be useful to them to know thier passwords, email address or computer may be compromised.

Really happy to have this back up and running. :D Thanks everyone involved!

Bit of free advice, if you aren't already doing so use a password manager and a unique random character & random length password for each account. Just make sure to write down the password manager password and keep it somewhere safe.

Edited by MechBFP

6 minutes ago, Just a random person said:

Now i can't log in.

I reset the password, gave a new one, and now whenever i try to login with the new password it says that it is incorrect.

What do i do now?

Contact them at [email protected]

12 hours ago, Just a random person said:

No need, it's resolved already. Turns out that "-" doesn't count as a special character

Now its going to be negative all day after realizing  it isn't special.

Edited by MechBFP

This has brought to my attention that my dad is planning on deleting or soft-deleting his old email address (which I used to buy KSP with) very soon. After this happens I will no longer have the ability to reset my password, so if something like this happens again, I'm screwed.

Is there a way to change what email address my KSP store account is associated with?

5 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

This has brought to my attention that my dad is planning on deleting or soft-deleting his old email address (which I used to buy KSP with) very soon. After this happens I will no longer have the ability to reset my password, so if something like this happens again, I'm screwed.

Is there a way to change what email address my KSP store account is associated with?

Yes, it is possible. There's an "edit account info" thing when you are logged in iirc