KSP 1.12!

Minmus Taster

10 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

1.12 is out? it will invalidate my mods!

How do I stop steam from auto updating? I looked at the update setting, but there is only "update immediately", "update only upon start", and "update with high priority". no option to not update.

How to solve this problem:

1. Copy KSP in its entirety (steam/steamapps/common/KSP) and paste it somewhere else, outside of Steam’s control;
  2. MOD THE COPY! Leave the steam version alone to accumulate updates without having to worry about broken mods, when you want to update a modded version just create a new copy and transfer the mods and save files over (CKAN is great for this, you can create a l do list and then install everything in bulk, doing it manually is a bit of a pain but you could always copy+paste from the older version’s GameData to the new copy, excluding the Squad and SquadExpansion folders of course).

Steam often meddles with KSP game files and when mods are present this can cause things to go wrong; so remove Steam from the equation.

On 5/6/2021 at 6:37 PM, GuessingEveryDay said:

Every KSP update is 5 months apart. Since 1.11 was in December, we're running out of time!

Aren't updates meant to be quarterly? I'm sure I read ages ago in a dev diary that's how they were doing things now... could be wrong :D

On 5/10/2021 at 5:45 AM, MR L A said:

Aren't updates meant to be quarterly? I'm sure I read ages ago in a dev diary that's how they were doing things now... could be wrong :D

At one point in time it was announced that as their intent to release a major update every quarter.  That was before the pandemic IIRC.  I haven't really kept track of how close they're coming to that - honestly, I think they release them too often as it is.  It's gotta be a huge pain for modders - there are several mods I use that have either stopped being updated or got adopted by someone new since this faster update schedule started

I would've rather seen half as many updates with twice the content.   The celestial body updates could have been one or two updates, the part revamps likewise.  Rather than being spaced out piece by piece.  But that's just my 2 cents worth

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2021 at 1:00 PM, determinationmaster said:

Ksp wont be updated anymore ;.;

all of you hyping for nothing...

The KSP dev team won't be updating, but this means modders can finally use all that time they've been using to keep their mod stable with the latest version and instead focus on making their mods better.

i like 1.12, and at the same time, dont like it.

i like it bc:

mods wont get outdated (if they update it to be compatible to 1.12)

new partz

new suit

planet revamp

new solar panelz

clock app thingy

wut i dont like:

last update ;.;

Edited by JB182

41 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

The KSP dev team won't be updating, but this means modders can finally use all that time they've been using to keep their mod stable with the latest version and instead focus on making their mods better.

The most patient of them, still surviving.

Before they run away to 2.0.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.