Mods/Config edits to improve Breaking Ground robotic parts

I tried using search and didn't come up with anything. I like the utility and UI for the Breaking Ground robotic parts, but I find them way too flimsy and buggy to be useful for any heavy duty tasks (Starship style flaps on extremely large diameter ships, large cranes for lifting more than a few tons, etc). I know you can lock the parts to allow autostruts to traverse the parts and make them stable for transport, but as soon as they are unlocked they just turn into noodles and flop around no matter what I do. 

I've tried screwing around with the part.cfg files doing things like increasing max torque or the amount of spring in the joints, but nothing seems to make a meaningful difference. Likewise for things like rigid attach or Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. Is there any existing mod/config edit I can try that may at least alleviate the problems, or are the expansion parts just slaves to the physics engine and limited to smaller capacity loads? 

Yes they’re pretty awful for wobbling. My tips are:

- to not try to move too much weight if possible and try to use a bigger part for lower mass not other way around. Also avoid using leverage (having a heavy mass at the end of a long arm connected to a hinge for example).

- turn the deployment speed WAY down (like to 2 or 3);

- use Quantum Struts which you can toggle on and off with an action group. When the QS touches the part it will stop wobbling so you can use it a bit like a brake (or more like using time warp to stop a vessel spinning).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.