How to make a Starship replica (easy, with pictures!)

In this guide I will teach you how to make a Starship replica. 

First place a probe core and construct a fairing around it

ZZ4QDBg.png

Now make it silver

Xny1kzI.png

Place fuel tanks (this provides fuel and structure for the fins)

6lTBrmC.png

And now time for fins. Big ones on the bottom, small ones on top

ibTQix1.png

Add 3 mastodon engines, This makes it able to achieve orbit, and looks like a Raptor

xImUhbb.png

And now you just need to name it!

aTlOvn8.png

If you want better control you can add RTGs, reaction wheels, batteries, etc...

Now its time to launch!

3xMjCeh.png

Wenhop? Hop now

And the most important part of any starship replica? Answer in spoiler

Spoiler

EXPLOSIONS!!:D

CFmEo22.png

I hope you managed to make a cool looking starship replica, please share them below so I can see:D

Also in case you haven't figured it out, this is a satire of Starship replicas. I feel like people are overdoing it on the replicas and I thought this would be a humorous tutorial poking fun at the simplicity of the design. No offense meant to people who work hard on making replicas, they are super cool.

Edited by Kerminator K-100

Hmm. I like the idea but my suggestion is: go for full scale. Make it taller and make the bellyflop controlled with something like A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S or Breaking Ground stuff controlling a wing panel, since that's s lot closer to how the real thing works. Go for 9 meter diameter on the fairing too. Starship, even with no superheavy booster, is a pretty impressive vehicle all on it's own. It weighs 1300 tonnes or something even with no payload. And still around 100 tonnes empty (you won't be able to get 100 tonnes empty though because KSP tankage is much too heavy). Right, we're talking a giant monstrosity. And tall too. Starship should look impressive next to practically any Kerbal scale rocket.

12 hours ago, Cratzz said:

I think you might be a tad delusional, with some hubris on top, thinking you are ready for making Tutorials? :huh:

Well I thought this was implied but I've added this to the bottom

"Also in case you haven't figured it out, this is a satire of Starship replicas. I feel like people are overdoing it on the replicas and I thought this would be a humorous tutorial poking fun at the simplicity of the design. No offense meant to people who work hard on making replicas, they are super cool."

11 hours ago, Pds314 said:

Hmm. I like the idea but my suggestion is: go for full scale. Make it taller and make the bellyflop controlled with something like A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S or Breaking Ground stuff controlling a wing panel, since that's s lot closer to how the real thing works. Go for 9 meter diameter on the fairing too. Starship, even with no superheavy booster, is a pretty impressive vehicle all on it's own. It weighs 1300 tonnes or something even with no payload. And still around 100 tonnes empty (you won't be able to get 100 tonnes empty though because KSP tankage is much too heavy). Right, we're talking a giant monstrosity. And tall too. Starship should look impressive next to practically any Kerbal scale rocket.

I wasn't trying to make a perfect tutorial, just a quick bit of satire, poking fun at how easy I thought a very simplified replica was to make.

9 hours ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

Well I thought this was implied but I've added this to the bottom

"Also in case you haven't figured it out, this is a satire of Starship replicas. I feel like people are overdoing it on the replicas and I thought this would be a humorous tutorial poking fun at the simplicity of the design. No offense meant to people who work hard on making replicas, they are super cool."

I wasn't trying to make a perfect tutorial, just a quick bit of satire, poking fun at how easy I thought a very simplified replica was to make.

I was being an lovely person, thanks for being so cool about it.

Edited by Cratzz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.