[1.9.X-1.11.X] (V. 0.9.0.) CollectingSP's U.S. Ribbons (For Final Frontier).

CollectingSP

CollectingSP's U.S. Ribbons Pack

Ever wanted to award your kerbals with real-life awards, such as the congressional space medal of honor, or NASA's space flight medal?

Well, Now you can.

I am currently developing this pack to replicate every U.S. government award.

At this time, the only awards included are NASA awards, but I plan to add more soon!

Dependencies-

Final frontier by @Nereid Is required for this ribbon pack.

Preview of what's in this Beta:

Note: ALL NASA for now. there is only one other agency ribbon in the pack atm.

NASA AWARDS:

• Congressional Space Medal of Honor
  •  Distinguished Service Medal
  •  Distinguished Public Service Medal
  •  Outstanding Leadership Medal
  •  Outstanding Service Medal (obsolete)
  •  Outstanding Public Leadership Medal
  •  Exceptional Service Medal 
  • Exceptional Public Service Medal
  •  Exceptional Bravery Medal
  •  Exceptional Engineering Achievement Medal
  •  Exceptional Scientific Achievement Medal
  •  Exceptional Technology Achievement Medal
  •  Equal Employment Opportunity Medal
  •  Exceptional Administrative Achievement Medal
  •  Exceptional Achievement Medal
  •  Exceptional Public Achievement Medal
  •  Early Career Achievement Medal
  •  Silver Achievement Medal
  •  Space Flight Medal 
  •  Space Exploration Medal (IDK If this exists, I had to make up a description, as i could not find one.)
  •  FAA valor medal (I had to make up a description, as i could not find one.)

Download-

Spacedock

CKAN Is supported as well. 

To install- 

Plop the contents of the "GameData" folder in the .Zip file into your KSP GameData Folder.

Disclaimers and all of the fun stuff-

This mod is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license.

This mod should not break saves, but in the case that it does, I will NOT be held responsible. this mod has NO warranty whatsoever.

The ribbons are sourced from Wikimedia commons, and are in the public domain. ones that are not are used under their appropriate licenses.

Edited by CollectingSP

• 2 weeks later...

I like the ribbon set a lot. Thanks for making it.

If possible, could we get a shorter description of the ribbons? The detailed explanation tends to bunch up in the UI and is hard to read.

Ad0bZLS.png

This could be done in the cfg file by making the detailed information a comment line for example; 

Current: 
14:NEAAM:NASA Exceptional Administrative Acheievment Medal:For "a significant, specific accomplishment or substantial improvement in operations, efficiency, service, financial savings, science, or technology which contributes to the mission of NASA.":9999

Porposed:
# NASA Exceptional Administrative Acheievment Medal. For a significant, specific accomplishment or substantial improvement in operations, efficiency, service, financial savings, science, or technology which contributes to the mission of NASA.
14:NEAAM:NASA Exceptional Administrative Acheievment Medal:For significant administrative contributions to the mission of NASA.:9999

6 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

I like the ribbon set a lot. Thanks for making it.

If possible, could we get a shorter description of the ribbons? The detailed explanation tends to bunch up in the UI and is hard to read.

Ad0bZLS.png

This could be done in the cfg file by making the detailed information a comment line for example; 

Current: 
14:NEAAM:NASA Exceptional Administrative Acheievment Medal:For "a significant, specific accomplishment or substantial improvement in operations, efficiency, service, financial savings, science, or technology which contributes to the mission of NASA.":9999

Porposed:
# NASA Exceptional Administrative Acheievment Medal. For a significant, specific accomplishment or substantial improvement in operations, efficiency, service, financial savings, science, or technology which contributes to the mission of NASA.
14:NEAAM:NASA Exceptional Administrative Acheievment Medal:For significant administrative contributions to the mission of NASA.:9999

I'll Work on it, but that'll require me to re-write each individual description.

I know that the UI is crammed with text, but i found it easier just to copy the government's description of the award, and then insert that into the UI. when you award ribbons to kerbals manually, the text should appear fine in that menu. the issue is only in the ribbon UI, not the award UI.

Anyways, there will be an update soon with most major DOD awards.

Edited by CollectingSP

12 minutes ago, CollectingSP said:

I'll Work on it, but that'll require me to re-write each individual description.

It's more a "nice to have" suggestion. Get to it when you can, or leave as is if that's what you prefer. I'm the last guy who will tell someone else how their mods should be written.

17 minutes ago, CollectingSP said:

Anyways, there will be an update soon with most major DOD award

Looking forward to them! :happy:   

Update *probably* coming this weekend or early next week with DOD awards. after that it'll be the rest of the misc. agencies.

anyone have any suggestions of what agency I should add after the DOD/military update?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

I currently have no intent on updating this mod.

I've been busy the last two years with other things in my life, and I have not had any time to play KSP.

I'm Finally making a return to the game, and I MIGHT Update this in the future, but there are no promises.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.