Rhode to Kerbin | KSP Beyond Home

seyMonsters

1 hour ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

The video doesn’t work. It says it’s not available. 

yes, my fault, i usually have videos scheduled to start at 4:15 uk time,  forgot i had delayed this one.... oops.... and coulden't remove this thread... will up date it in 3 hours once its up properly  oops lol

8 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

And I finally got the pun....

it was worth the wait right? it took me months to come up with ........ I was originally going to call it The Rhode Home, then The Rhode to who knows where, and at one point..... Rhode to the Heavens......  ;-)

2 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

You seem surprised that you hit the massive, very conspicuous tree...

Who would have thought that shrubbery actually had collision meshes! (I seriously didn't realise.... plus i also thought the perspective was that they were below and in front of the craft... not so big in comparison!

@seyMonstersnegative apoapsis means you’re escaping, that probe isn’t coming back...

I told you the sun was worth looking at :cool:.

Spoiler

I managed to dive down and orbit one of them once, but the gravity/SOI situation that close to a binary star system orbiting a shared barycentre got really weird and the probe would come in on a hyperbolic trajectory, escape again then immediately get recaptured.

17 hours ago, seyMonsters said:

Rhode to Kerbin | 02 | Going Orbital | KSP Beyond Home

Not sure if it works with BH, but the researchbodies mod could be interesting for this play through because it hides planets until you discover them. 

Since your using the Apo/per information anyway, that could be a good “nerf” to the map view. 

15 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Not sure if it works with BH, but the researchbodies mod could be interesting for this play through because it hides planets until you discover them. 

Since your using the Apo/per information anyway, that could be a good “nerf” to the map view. 

Yes I tried Research bodies but it did not play well so had to remove it ( once you saw one ‘discoverable’ place it revealed all of them... :-( 

im allowing myself to use AP and PE because in my mind with radar altimeters, TOF etc I would be calculable...

been looking into using Telemachus or Graphatron ( both from the old days of KSP) to gather on the fly data... 

Those half-sized fuel tanks and engine are from RLA, not Restock; Restock+ adds similar sized fuel tanks which might be more to your liking.

0.625m heat shields won’t protect probe cores on re-entry due to the probe core’s corners hanging over the edge of the shield.

And at the risk of spoiling the surprise...

Spoiler

That big moon that looks like a planet? That’s not Armstrong...

7 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

0.625m heat shields won’t protect probe cores on re-entry due to the probe core’s corners hanging over the edge of the shield.

And at the risk of spoiling the surprise...

Reveal hidden contents

That big moon that looks like a planet? That’s not Armstrong...

Yes I sort of guessed with that heat shields due to collision mesh ...

As for your spoiler.... Iv already Recorded a few episodes ;-)  wait for my realization ;-)

I remember Armstrong having some pretty distinctive terrain scatters, but I didn’t see them in that video- do you have scatters enabled? Maybe Parallax is blocking them, I didn’t use that...

Spoiler
Spoiler

PKyG1GD.png

Warning- contains spoilers!

18 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I remember Armstrong having some pretty distinctive terrain scatters, but I didn’t see them in that video- do you have scatters enabled? Maybe Parallax is blocking them, I didn’t use that..!

Hide contents

Will check that, everything should be set per instructions , may be Parallax has changed that...

2 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

can the next mod u do a playthrough of be gameslinx planet overhaul, its gud.

Thank you for the suggestion,  I know gameslinx has a few planet packs etc, so may look at that or the others.... we will see ;-)

If only their was some mods I could use to give me an excuse at talking over my area of knowledge (Genetics, Biology, psychology lol)

17 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Put a plane on Lua! Sure, the atmosph.....

I stopped reading when you started telling me about the atmosphere.. Im still to learn about that ;-)

But a plane seems very logical!

I like the new music.

That was Trajectories showing you the aerobraking trajectory and Waypoint Manager (I think) with the distance to KSC (or is that RSC?). And that was a totally intentional re-entry that landed you right there within walking distance, no flukes of any kind :wink: I would have burnt off the remaining fuel in that upper stage before dumping it, which would probably have landed the pod near the Island Airfield.

Spoiler

You should try launching from the other sites, the Dessert Launch Site in particular has some… interesting geography.

Spoiler

ZubVJ0e.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.