Rhode to Kerbin | KSP Beyond Home

seyMonsters

That was not the way to do that plane change- add some retrograde into it to hold the periapsis at 300km while changing the plane. Also, you should have just braked as soon as the plane change was done to bring the periapsis down then circularised sooner.

Re. the solar issues, maybe try a different version of Kopernicus? You could also use the Kerbalism automation features to turn things on/off automatically when power is low or the craft is in shadow, and you can do so from anywhere at all- KSC, tracking station, while flying another craft…

That probe tried to play The Floor Is Lava, but the floor WAS lava and it lost…

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

On 10/4/2021 at 11:04 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Re. the solar issues, maybe try a different version of Kopernicus? 

Iv actually gone through quite a few versions, various ‘adaptations’ etc and still no joy… I spoke with N9 who has had similar issues and just threw the towel in after fighting with it… Carnasa is starting a new Play through I’m waiting for him to tell me how that’s going in a newer KSP version 

I really like Beyond Home and it would be great to keep this going somehow, but pushing faster through the (rather boring) moon hopping stuff to get to the interplanetary stage. BH has a lot of really interesting planets to see even without getting to the interstellar part of it but I feel that this series has bogged down in mundane missions inside Rhode’s SOI rather than doing more exciting exploration further afield.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.