How Visible Should the Nearest Star System be?

Well, when you get to the edge of the playable area in KSP1, Kerbol blends into the skybox. So I'm thinking that there won't be much of a difference between the new star systems and the skybox. 

6 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Well, when you get to the edge of the playable area in KSP1, Kerbol blends into the skybox. So I'm thinking that there won't be much of a difference between the new star systems and the skybox. 

They (and all the old planets) should be visible.

2 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

They (and all the old planets) should be visible.

Mmm... no. Have a kraken attack launch your pod at ~10% of C out of the system and let it coast at high warp for about an hour or so. (Or you can spam the gravitic engines from KFS with infinite fuel on for the same affect.) You won't be able to pick out the sun or planets in the distance.

I don't know if this changed since the situation I'm describing happened pre 1.0.  I do remember that you were able to make it several solar system widths away before the tracking stopped and the attitude display broke.

You should be able to see the Star (assuming it is a shiny one and not a black hole or something), but it wouldn't neccesarily stand out from the skybox.  They would possibly be among the brighter objects, but nothing obvious to indicate that there are 'visitable' planets.