The infamous Duna code

EDF

I'm sure you all have heard it or heard of it by now, but I'll post it here just for convenience, headphone users beware.

This signal when translated became something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/O0nB7.png

Clearer version here

http://i.imgur.com/IpHZC.jpg

It has been speculated that the orange blob is representative of Kerbol, but I have a different theory.

My interpretation: http://i.imgur.com/DoDGA.png

when you see this in context to the clearer version, the orange blob looks like it has poles, and therefore I would say that the orange blob represents Duna, while the horizontal line represents the surface of Duna. from there, I would draw the conclution that the triangle looking thing is either one of the pyramids, the face or another unknown artifact on duna.

WIP

unrelated note: how do I embed pictures and youtube videos on this forum?

Edited by EDF

The orange blob could be Duna, since it has white parts on the top and bottom of it, the three blobs above it could represent the inferior planets?

The one on the left could represent Jool and its four moons, the pyramid with the line to the circle I have no idea about.. something waiting to be found methinks

Edit: Check out the easter egg thread, theres stuff there I've missed

Edited by Richy teh space man
Added text

I think the three dots to the right means the three inner planets, and the orange one is duna since its fourth, and both the blob and duna have icecaps. The pyramid with the line and the blob at the top of the line I think is a connection between duna and ike, since the sound is emitting from a pyramid on the planet, and ike is its only moon. since ike is tidally locked, it would be relatively easy to figure out where its pointing to. as for the four figures and the symbol with he dot, I have no clue. I'm sure the devs are getting a kick out of our interpretations.

Hm, I haven't been to the place in question yet, but since the message appears to be heard only on the pyramid-like mountain, and in the resulting picture an arrow points at it, could the arrow just mean "you are here"?

The whole picture looks like those plaques affixed to the Voyager probes, describing the physical appearance of the civilization that built them and showing that they were aware of the existence of the inner planets, and thus had an interest in/had at least a basic knowledge of astronomy.

Not sure if this is significant, but if you look closely at the red line, it is an arrow pointing to the pyramid.

XOtaY.jpg

i don't think it's an arrow... look at the line it's blurred like that for its entire length. beside that, the pyramid is transmitting the code

Ike's no moon, it's a space station!

You can see here Ike orbiting the

desert planet Duna. Although the weapon

systems on Ike are not yet

operational, Ike does have a

strong defense mechanism. It is protected by

an energy shield, which is generated from a pyramid on the

nearby desert planet Duna. The shield must

be deactivated if any attack is to be

attempted. Once the shield is down, our

cruisers will create a perimeter, while the

fighters fly into the superstructure and

attempt to knock out the main reactor.

Ike's no moon, it's a space station!

You can see here Ike orbiting the

desert planet Duna. Although the weapon

systems on Ike are not yet

operational, Ike does have a

strong defense mechanism. It is protected by

an energy shield, which is generated from a pyramid on the

nearby desert planet Duna. The shield must

be deactivated if any attack is to be

attempted. Once the shield is down, our

cruisers will create a perimeter, while the

fighters fly into the superstructure and

attempt to knock out the main reactor.

many (and i mean MANY) kerbals died to bring us this information...

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone considered the magic bolder might be a meteor? That would explain why you can only get to it by being at a specific location at a specific time... (straight up from the pyramid when all four planets are aligned) Just a thought.