I'd like to use RCS without having a stroke. (Help with bindings)

Hello forums, the current RCS controls throw me in a loop whenever I am trying to do a simple docking procedure. I try to go forward and realize my course is now headfirst into the mun because I missed the target right in front of me. All I'm trying to ask is that, is there a way to change the RCS bindings and layouts so my head doesn't implode trying to do a simple docking?  I've checked both in-game settings and menu settings and I can't seem to find anything about RCS bindings. Please and thank you

It is likely that your bindings are not the problem, but the fact that your eyes are telling you the wrong directions are up, down, left, right, forward, and backward.

Hit V a couple times until the camera mode says "locked" and then rotate your view so you're behind your craft. Then try to use the RCS controls to ease your craft in to its target.

"Locked" mode sets the camera so that "up" on the ship is up on the camera, and - if you're looking at your ship from the back - the rest of the controls are similarly correct to your eyes.

Edited by Superfluous J

The stock UI is pretty awful for docking. The navball doesn't give you enough information, and the free camera swiftly becomes very disorienting.

Navyfish's docking port alignment indicator mod (which I'm using on 1.11) makes it much easier by clearly displaying your orientation and location w.r.t. the destination docking port, such that the RCS controls become intuitive. Otherwise, @Superfluous J 's advice appears sound for trying to dock with just stock UI elements.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.