Alpharia Planet Pack (The New Crew Reloaded)(KSP 1.11.1-1.12.2)

Cyrus Playz

What should the new name of Cyz0122 be?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should the new name of Cyz0122 be?

• Elysium
    • Ether
    • Mirari
    • Something else

6 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Part 2: Landing and returning from Impossible (If I have sanity the current lander is big)

Good luck with that I have made a video showing that to carry 0.1 ton to impossible orbit, you need 186 TONS of rocket, and that's without the fuel to land the thing on the surface!!

Edited by Cyrus Playz

1 hour ago, Cyrus Playz said:

Good luck with that I have made a video showing that to carry 0.1 ton to impossible orbit, you need 186 TONS of rocket, and that's without the fuel to land the thing on the surface!!

you never said how smoll the payload had to be you just only said that it was impossible to land on and return from ;)

In seriousness tho, practically for any realistic use it's impossible

Hello there, Thank you very much for making this mod, i'm loving it a lot, the Cytarian system is really beautifully made, but I notice there seems to be an issue with terrain on the moons, specifically when driving vehicles or taxiing aircraft on their surface; when the craft crosses a point where ground slope angle changes, they seem to run into some sort of invisible wall which cause them to bounce up in the air.  

I'm not sure how to describe the issue into words so I have recorded some short clips to show what the issue looked like, It happened on Cyz0122 and Darset, but it also happened on other moons too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19ydmjQGO12A2hyAwx_X_vxzvc9PpCXzA/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12_UIPJ6_NYEJON5oxQCFVq9JPbAq8mho/view?usp=sharing

My KSP version is 1.12.1.

On 7/28/2021 at 7:10 PM, Cyrus Playz said:

Yes I have also encountered this problem while playtesting, I am not quite sure how to fix it tho

Icengrad also seems to have ghost terrain which makes landing on it difficult

Good news!! Alpharia Planet Pack 0.9 release is here!!! I hesitated in releasing this for a while now as I thought that I could have done more bug fixes before releasing it but  Now I felt like it has been too long since an update and here we are.

Update 0.9 "Taking the Hobbits to Icengrad" Changelog:

Added New dwarf planet(Icengrad) with two moons

Added partial Parallax compatibility

Lowered Cytaria's GeeASL again

Slightly changed Impossible's Color map

Final note, the problems reported are yet to be fixed as I don't know how to fix them for now, also the mod is now available for 1.12.1 and 1.11.1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Firebird989 said:

-Where are the new planets located?

Well, they are pretty evenly spaced around the Kerbol system. Impossible is located in between Eve and Moho, Cytaria orbits slightly closer to the sun than Dres, and Icengrad orbits farther away from the star than Eeloo

-Is this compatible with OPM?

I think so, it doesn't really clash with OPM. though Icengrad's location may look a bit odd as it is between Jool and Sarnus 

-The download size for version 0.9 in Spacedock is 2.14 GiB, is that correct?

That is correct

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, Cyrus Playz said:

Sorry for the long 1 month hiatus, I have been too busy working on my atlas map to focus on this mod,  but I am slowly getting back to this, so heres an object I retextured to get back into the rhythem
lLonfnC.png

One critiqe, heal it better. Just doit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am in search of some guidance from more seasoned users of this pack.

I have set up a space station around Cyz/Elysium and I'd like to expand out to make it more of a hub for other missions. I'd like to set up a mining base on Spud but I can't seem to find an encounter that isn't me just whizzing by it. What is the best way to encounter this little fellow or do I need to try and mine elsewhere in the Cytaria system?

7 hours ago, Update Guy said:

I am in search of some guidance from more seasoned users of this pack.

I have set up a space station around Cyz/Elysium and I'd like to expand out to make it more of a hub for other missions. I'd like to set up a mining base on Spud but I can't seem to find an encounter that isn't me just whizzing by it. What is the best way to encounter this little fellow or do I need to try and mine elsewhere in the Cytaria system?

well, getting an encounter with spud is quite tricky, it requires a large amount of delta V to capture and you almost need to start burning right as you enter its SOI.

As for mining locations, there isn't any good locations, Lur may seem appealing at first but in the end the large inclination change is not very worth it.

If you want tho I could add a new moon for mining purposes :) And the new update that is coming out soonTM will at least slightly ease the difficulty of capturing in the orbit of the two asteroids

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.