We are looking for a Part Designer!

Hi there Kerbonauts! We are looking for a Part Designer to work alongside our design and art teams to create aesthetically appropriate, highly detailed, and well-researched parts for both vehicles and colonies in Kerbal Space Program 2 . 

You can learn more about the position and apply HERE

yRX9ZEl.jpg

4 minutes ago, KSPStar said:

Hi there Kerbonauts! We are looking for a Part Designer to work alongside our design and art teams to create aesthetically appropriate, highly detailed, and well-researched parts for both vehicles and colonies in Kerbal Space Program 2 . 

You can learn more about the position and apply HERE

Better not hire me, I'm not old enough don't know how to use blender, and more importantly, I would spill every little secret.

Edited by Minmus Taster

I'll let you know when I get visual design skills

also known as never:P

But if I'm being serious, I would apply if I had more experience. That's the only thing holding me back right now. If this is still open in a year, I'll probably apply.

Edited by Kerminator K-100

We know there are a number of part modders out there who have that rare blend of space engineering love and aesthetic chops, so if any of you want to design and build rocket (and colony) parts as a day job, please drop us a line! We're looking for somebody who will sweat the small stuff (i.e. what kind of MLI makes the most sense for a certain fuel tank) while also having an intuitive sense for what looks good. :)

12 minutes ago, Nate Simpson said:

We know there are a number of part modders out there who have that rare blend of space engineering love and aesthetic chops, so if any of you want to design and build rocket (and colony) parts as a day job, please drop us a line! We're looking for somebody who will sweat the small stuff (i.e. what kind of MLI makes the most sense for a certain fuel tank) while also having an intuitive sense for what looks good. :)

@Nertea or @RoverDude or @benjee10 might want to do this

I'm still currently trying to learn blender, and I don't really know how to model.  also I might spill a lot of information, but I'm trying to save up for a new computer, so maybe? If I meet the requirements I'll let you know on this forum.

On 5/14/2021 at 2:42 PM, SpacePerson said:

I'm still currently trying to learn blender, and I don't really know how to model.  and also I might spill a lot of information, but I'm trying to save up for a new computer, so maybe? If I meet the requirements I'll let you know on this forum.

Are me and you the same person? I’m the same age and am doing the same thing. Recently I’ve been designing all the ships I plan on building for ksp 2 in blender. I would show a picture but I don’t have one right now.

17 hours ago, Wubslin said:

Ha ha I don't know about my own credibility/experience but I love being an armchair part designer!

tjrk0h6bm8f51.png

This seems very overengineered, less robust, and much less effective then a simple heatpipe transfer...

Edited by Blaf

4 minutes ago, Blaf said:

This seems very overengineered, less robust, and much less effective then a simple heatpipe transfer...

And it is! In fact what could be done with conductive rollers could be achieved radiatively in an "oven", and then simply opening that oven represents a far hotter and more efficient radiator. Heat output goes with the fourth power of temperature for a given emissivity, so having that "oven" be open to the stars represents a brighter, smaller, lighter, radiator with more output. But the point is not to be efficient in that drawing, the point was to explore ideas that would be technically possible yet have never been seen before. And for the record, heat pipes are insufficient to cool a beefy heat engine like you might find on a craft that has a thermal reactor and an electric propulsion system. You definitely need pumps to circulate coolant.

It's important to get creative and try to imagine all sorts of concepts that have never been seen before, regardless of if they're really the best option in the first place.

Edited by Wubslin

21 minutes ago, Wubslin said:

It's important to get creative and try to imagine all sorts of concepts that have never been seen before, regardless of if they're really the best option in the first place.

Ah, so it's chindogu then :)