We are looking for a Part Designer!

3 hours ago, Wubslin said:

You should hire Nertea. The dude's a legend. Near future, far future... waterfall??? Come on.

I would expect he (or she?) will apply if sufficiently interested.

22 hours ago, Awfulwaffle said:

Are me and you the same person? I’m the same age and am doing the same thing. Recently I’ve been designing all the ships I plan on building for ksp 2 in blender. I would show a picture but I don’t have one right now.

Lol Really? Wow

7 hours ago, Wubslin said:

You should hire Nertea. The dude's a legend. Near future, far future... waterfall??? Come on.

screenshot42.png?width=2380&height=1339

KSP1 isn't really "complete" without near future parts mods... KSP2 might not be "finished" without them too. It would be unfortunate to have to wait for the nf mods to be ported over... much better for them to be stock!

@KSPStar Is there anything you are cleared to share yet about the potential differences between KSP1 and KSP2 parts, and how much effort it might take to port over some of the more popular part packs? I'm guessing that is probably too much specific info for this stage of development, but worth an ask.

Edited by TLTay
question

@Nertea is the person i think when it comes to this job. His parts and concepts for them are absolutly amazing, and his work on Restock as well as the other modders on that project have created a common art style which i hope will be a continuing theme for KSP2.

22 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

"Hey, honey. Can I quit my architecture career so I can go work on KSP all day every day?"

My wife is shaking her head no. I think she's saying no. 

In the words of Emperor Papatine, "DO IT."

1 hour ago, Pthigrivi said:

Haha I would honestly love to but Im sure Im not qualified. 

Well, it never hurts to ask (In this case, Apply:valwink:) and you wouldn't have to quit your job unless you got a yes, in that case, then go Kerboldly where (almost, I think) no forum user has gone before.

On 5/15/2021 at 4:19 PM, TLTay said:

@KSPStar Is there anything you are cleared to share yet about the potential differences between KSP1 and KSP2 parts, and how much effort it might take to port over some of the more popular part packs? I'm guessing that is probably too much specific info for this stage of development, but worth an ask.

I believe the lion's share of the challenge for porting part packs to KSP2 relates to remaking the assets for PBR.  I know that a number of part modders are champing at the bit to get underway on building for KSP2, so we'll release more information regarding asset guidelines as soon as we can.

I knw some of the part modders have some pretty impressive skills. Whoever makes the parts like the Dedalus drive and such. The designs are really neat. 

8 hours ago, Nate Simpson said:

I believe the lion's share of the challenge for porting part packs to KSP2 relates to remaking the assets for PBR.  I know that a number of part modders are champing at the bit to get underway on building for KSP2, so we'll release more information regarding asset guidelines as soon as we can.

Hm.

14 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

I knw some of the part modders have some pretty impressive skills. Whoever makes the parts like the Dedalus drive and such. The designs are really neat. 

Please feel free to pass along the link to them if you think they may be interested in applying. :)

On 5/17/2021 at 9:39 PM, Pthigrivi said:

"Hey, honey. Can I quit my architecture career so I can go work on KSP all day every day?"

I'd probably rather work on the next big game than what's probably gonna be a prison or worse in 200 years.

11 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I'd probably rather work on the next big game than what's probably gonna be a prison or worse in 200 years.

200 years of humanity's foibles is too much for me to wrap my mind around. I do my best that my buildings will still be standing then. Its all about carbon footprint--build out of low-carbon materials and build things to last. In all seriousness though it sounds like a great opportunity for someone but I have no software experience at all beyond tinkering in cfg files. Maybe I'll dive in to modding in my spare time and check back in a few years. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

4 minutes ago, Nertea said:

FYI for everyone, yes I have seen this, please stop telling me to look :P. 

It's just a sign that everyone loves your stuff. Including me :) 

On 5/15/2021 at 2:44 AM, Wubslin said:

Ha ha I don't know about my own credibility/experience but I love being an armchair part designer!

tjrk0h6bm8f51.png

Interesting design, has never seen anything like it anywhere, I assume the disk spin keep it it shape during trust? 
Now I think an traditional liquid loop radiator would be more efficient, and and droplet or dust one will be much more so.
It might be relevant for warships as poking lots of small holes will not affect it much think shotgun style or proxy detonated shells.