all parts missing (solved)

hello, im new to the forum so sorry if this topic already exists or if it is in the wrong place

i have recently downloaded a lot of mods and now all the parts are missing, including the ones from vanilla game.

i have uninstalled the game, all the mods, all save files and reinstalled all again. problem persists.

the mods im using:

-all of near future (and far future)

-USI life support

-community tech tree

-Dmagic orbital science

-Kerbal attachment system

-Kerbal Inventory system

-Kerbal planetary base system

-stockalike station parts expansion redux

can someone please point out wich mod is causing all parts do disappear?

i downloaded them from curseforge.

Edited by VouMorrer

2 hours ago, modus said:

Welcome to the forums!

That doesn't sound too good...did you install the mods correctly; did you put them in your gamedata folder, and/or did you do anything with said folder?

thanks!

i installed all of them as i should, i guess. download 1 by 1 from curse forge and put the folders into gamedata. i know the folders are in the right place becouse at least comunitty tech tree is working...

2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

- Log

where do i find it?  (and how to add it here)

2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

- Mod versions

- KSP version

kerbal version- 1.11.2

-USI life support - 1.2.2

-community tech tree- 1.10.1

-Dmagic orbital science- 1.8

-Kerbal attachment system- 1.10

-Kerbal Inventory system- 1.11.0

-Kerbal planetary base system- 1.11.2

-stockalike station parts expansion redux- 1.11.0

-NF electrical 1.11.1

-NF launch veicles 1.11.1

-NF propuls. 1.11.1

-NF spacecraft parts 1.11.0

-NF solar 1.11.0

-far future 1.11.1

-NF exploration 1.11.0

-NF aeronautics 1.11.0

-NF construction 1.11.0

all of them are the latest available in curseforge. 

has anyone experienced something similar?

Edited by VouMorrer

19 minutes ago, VouMorrer said:

where do i find it?  (and how to add it here)

KSP.log in your root KSP directory. Idk how to add it, this forum is very finnicky. You could upload it to somewhere else and link it here but that entails making accounts for websites you won't use again.

35 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

KSP.log in your root KSP directory. Idk how to add it, this forum is very finnicky. You could upload it to somewhere else and link it here but that entails making accounts for websites you won't use again.

i uploaded the log file into my google drive, can you acess it? 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WpA2Zc3clXGYIwYsH-mboj3_PLmW_p66/view?usp=sharing

this is huge, can you find where the problem is?

also, here is how the gamedata folder looks like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_uQ-AzKnbwCDIZY-L4lo7PrRR3n1dH9h/view?usp=sharing

Edited by VouMorrer

12 hours ago, VouMorrer said:

hello, im new to the forum so sorry if this topic already exists or if it is in the wrong place

i have recently downloaded a lot of mods and now all the parts are missing, including the ones from vanilla game.

i have uninstalled the game, all the mods, all save files and reinstalled all again. problem persists.

the mods im using:

-all of near future (and far future)

-USI life support

-community tech tree

-Dmagic orbital science

-Kerbal attachment system

-Kerbal Inventory system

-Kerbal planetary base system

-stockalike station parts expansion redux

can someone please point out wich mod is causing all parts do disappear?

i downloaded them from curseforge.

Are you in sandbox mode?

Here's one possible cause: you're putting mods in the KSP controlled by Steam. This is A BAD IDEA. Steam interferes a lot, deleting stuff that it thinks shouldn't be there- including when you add mods. The great thing about KSP is that you can copy it as many times as you like, have multiple copies on different versions of the game with different mods in each, so you can easily avoid this problem.

Try the following:

1. Copy your save game (KSP/saves/your save name) and keep that somewhere else- desktop would do;
  2. Completely uninstall KSP through Steam, delete everything;
  3. Reinstall KSP through Steam, then verify the game files (right-click KSP > Properties > Local Files > verify files);
  4. Run KSP to make sure everything shows up as expected;
  5. Assuming it works properly, copy the entire KSP folder out of steamapps/common and paste it somewhere else outside of Steam's control- again desktop would do;
  6. Install the mods into that new copy, where Steam can't mess them up, and copy your save game into it too.

Keep the Steam version of KSP completely stock, no mods whatsoever, so it can collect game version updates when they are released, while your copies with mods don't get updates that could break mod compatibility.

11 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Are you in sandbox mode?

career

4 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Here's one possible cause: you're putting mods in the KSP controlled by Steam. This is A BAD IDEA. Steam interferes a lot, deleting stuff that it thinks shouldn't be there- including when you add mods. The great thing about KSP is that you can copy it as many times as you like, have multiple copies on different versions of the game with different mods in each, so you can easily avoid this problem.

yes, im putting mods in the steam version of KSP. i didnt knew steam intefered with mods, i didnt even knew it was POSSIBLE to make a non-steam KSP.

i play other modded games at steam and it works just fine. you suggestion looks very promising, i'll try that now, thanks

16 minutes ago, VouMorrer said:

yes, i am saying all parts simply evaporated, even when i research it. all branches of the tech tree are empty,  no starting parts.

Well it looks like you have CTT installed which affects the tech tree, so maybe redownload that. 
Also do it from Spacedock

8 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Well it looks like you have CTT installed which affects the tech tree, so maybe redownload that. 
Also do it from Spacedock

at first i thought it was CTT's fault, but it is not, i tried it without this mod. 

also, why spacedock? is it better than curseforge?

i did what @jimmymcgoochie said and it worked! all parts are back, thanks! it took a lot of time to reinstall everything

i didnt knew i was supposed to isolate KSP from steam, thank you for the help.

apparently, USI is not supported in the current version, probably what caused steam to delete everything. i had to uninstall it.

again, sorry for posting in the wrong forum and thanks everyone for the help!

Spoiler

btw, since USI is gone anyone has a recomendation of life support mod? thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.