I unninstalled FAR and now get the message "unkown part modules".

I unninstalled FAR and now  all aircraft display a red warning that says "unkown part modules", the aircraft will still load normally after displaying a small window listing whats missing, but my ocd just kicks in every time I see it, is there a way of  removing the warning? 

Heres an image in case the list of stuff matters:
https://imgur.com/a/49FqrSY

This error message is harmless in the case of FAR, but to get rid of it I think you can:

• Open the craft;
  • Edit it in any way;
  • Save the craft.

Try that and let me know if it works- I'd rather not be giving out useless/incorrect advice if I can help it :wink:

3 hours ago, brunoseminotti said:

I unninstalled FAR and now  <snip>

Either:

1. you uninstalled FAR incorrectly, and something got left behind, or
  2. there are ModuleManager patches somewhere, that are adding FAR modules into remaining parts, or
  3. some mod has FAR modules written directly into some part configs (this happens when a mod dev decides they want their mod to have FAR support, but decides to put the FAR modules into the part configs directly, instead of using seperate MM patch files to do it...which IMHO, is bad practice, as it can cause issues like you are seeing)
Edited by Stone Blue

The problem is that these craft were originally designed with FAR. So in the save files, these FAR modules are listed. But if you build a new one, it should probably be OK.

Let's say that you try a new part mod. It adds, I don't know, maybe a 18-way RCS port. You build it onto a ship and then you save that ship design. Next you decide than an 18-way RCS port is stupid, so you delete the mod. But that saved ship design still has the part in it. The game will alert you that you have a part in your design that you don't have in your available list of parts.

And that's what's happening here, I think, except that instead of an entire part it's just a module (part of a part).

If you go to the VAB and load a new one of those designs, it should create it without the FAR modules. Then if you resave it, now your saved design should be OK. (Which is what @jimmymcgoochiesaid -- I'm just trying to explain why it should work.)

Edited by mikegarrison

1 hour ago, mikegarrison said:

The problem is that these craft were originally designed with FAR. So in the save files, these FAR modules are listed. But if you build a new one, it should probably be OK.

Let's say that you try a new part mod. It adds, I don't know, maybe a 18-way RCS port. You build it onto a ship and then you save that ship design. Next you decide than an 18-way RCS port is stupid, so you delete the mod. But that saved ship design still has the part in it. The game will alert you that you have a part in your design that you don't have in your available list of parts.

And that's what's happening here, I think, except that instead of an entire part it's just a module (part of a part).

If you go to the VAB and load a new one of those designs, it should create it without the FAR modules. Then if you resave it, now your saved design should be OK. (Which is what @jimmymcgoochiesaid -- I'm just trying to explain why it should work.)

Actually, missing parts tend to prevent loading, missing modules within parts are often OK as the part itself can still be created (in most cases).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.