KSP 2 PS4 (And XBOX 1)

isdi0

I was just wondering, does anyone know whether or not KSP 2 will be on previous gen consoles (PS4, XBOX 1). Or will it just be on PS5 and XBOX series X/S?

On 5/16/2021 at 2:09 AM, tater said:

And no Mac, so I won't ever buy it (even though I have a PC as well).

I heard that it's hard to port games to mac because of the os instructions being so much different or something like that.

Edited by SpacePerson

7 minutes ago, SpacePerson said:

I heard that it's hard to port games to mac because of the os instructions being so much different or something like that.

If it's the Intel based Macs, the conversion is pretty much straight forward for the MacOS prior to 14.1?. Some changes to the Linux code and you have a Mac version. (Or you can use boot camp and use either the Windows or Linux versions) The new A12? Macs are a different beast. They are Arm based, not x86. The coding would be different to optimize the performance.

On 5/16/2021 at 3:09 AM, tater said:

And no Mac, so I won't ever buy it (even though I have a PC as well).

I think 'PC' includes macs as well. KSP2 uses Unity as far as I know, I don't see why they wouldn't contemplate other PC OSes.

54 minutes ago, Jack Mcslay said:

I think 'PC' includes macs as well. KSP2 uses Unity as far as I know, I don't see why they wouldn't contemplate other PC OSes.

Well, I'll be happy if that is the case and support them.