What do you think the new Kerbol planet will look like?

I'd actually love to see an ice giant like Neptune with a couple of moons, maybe one with cryovolcanoes like Triton. Getting out to it could be a nice stepping stone to deep interstellar missions. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

14 hours ago, The Aziz said:

They did

This all is based on nothing but one picture from tutorial animation where there's one additional body beyond Eeloo drawn on paper.

What do you think geeks like us do on forums? Speculate on every pixel of detail of course ;)

I think there will be a new planet in a distant orbit, it doesn't have to change any 'story' and as said previously would be good practice for interstellar trips.

I mean, I could see how adding a new remote planet would work gameplay wise: rather than going directly to other stars after unlocking interstellar engines, you could go there to "test" your new ship  (or maybe get a specific resource or technology on that planet that would play a role in interstellar travel). A stepping stone to interstellar space.

But that could also be a star mistaken for a new Kerbol body by Heliocentrist kerbal scientists ;p

Edited by Truebadour

Based on what little the video shows it will be roughly spherical, with a large question mark shaped moon. :cool:

Which means that the 'moon' is presumably a large artficial (advanced alien tech) construction.  Most likely extremely ancient in origin and possibly even the 'mother ship' to the crashed UFOs.

Edited by pandaman

On 5/16/2021 at 9:29 AM, Minmus Taster said:

Didn't they say that the system would not change.

It would be lightly touched, there is going to be things like Inclinations and of course the revamp in terrain but it's the same system

On 5/16/2021 at 9:05 AM, SpacePerson said:

That is Eeloo, someone should probably fix this if they have an account

Here is the same clip but in 4k:

2 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

It would be lightly touched, there is going to be things like Inclinations and of course the revamp in terrain but it's the same system

That is Eeloo, someone should probably fix this if they have an account

Here is the same clip but in 4k:

But that crater is S*s.

Just now, B.Riches2500 said:

I like to think that it’s Dres that has been thrown out into a further orbit (perhaps right by the Suns SOI) by Jool.

yeah that would make sense