RPM, Some gauges don't work.

Some gauges and parts from ASET don't work. For instance, the button to flip open the MFD works, but flipping the switch to turn it on doesn't, like the switch physically moves and can be used, but it's as if the MFD display is broken. Another example is the altimeter gauge not working at all, as in,increasing in altitude but it stays at zero. Some gauges work and some don't. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue. The issue I experienced this is, is the mk.2 inline cockpit mostly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqy6laqmt0v6suo/KSP.log?dl=0

my log

@Vault_Buster most of the issues in your log are either Warbird Cockpits related, or FAR related...

I would check that you have the latest version of Warbird Cocpits, and that it is installed correctly. *especially* if you are seeing issues with the MFDs in those cocpits...it seems to maybe do some custom stuff using the ASET MFD props? vOV

As to FAR, it loos lie you are using B9 Procedural Wings also?
I know there is pretty recent discussion of issues with B9PW/FAR on the B9PW thread... I would read up on that, also. (maybe not related to your IVA issue, but a huge portion of your unusually large log, is from FAR stuff, at the bottom half of the log

@Stone Blue So I assume then, the issue might lay with Warbird Cockpits? I do have the latest version I can find, directly from the forum page. I don't believe there was any continuation of the mod either.

Also, my bad. Not MFD. I mean HUD. the switch to turn on the cockpit HUD doesn't work. Not the MFD.

After testing, it is indeed warbird cockpits causing the issue, but I have no idea what's causing it. I extracted the folder as "galen" according to what the mod maker said, and I have both the continued version of RPM and both the latest of ASET props and avionics, but what I did notice is that the game while loading gives me a warning  when warbirds is installed. Any clue on the issue?

Well, are you *sure* you have met all the conditions & installed everything explained in this section from the Warbirds OP?

All the autopilot props are modified versions of ASET props, and require the Pilot Assistant mod to work. The "Vintage" version of the KN-2 does not replace the standard KN-2, but adds a new cockpit using the same model earlier in the tech tree. I plan to make an "Updated" version.

For the bomber controls, you need Firespitter's props folder found here, as well as the most recent firespitter.dll, and for the fire extinguisher (nonfunctional), you need Airplane Plus. All other instruments are included or require the ASET Props and Avionics Packs. Obviously you will need the Kerbonov itself, and Raster Prop Monitor as well.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I play way too much FSX, so these cockpits are meant to be slightly more realistic than most KSP cockpits. The instruments WILL NOT WORK if you do not connect your battery and have electric charge on your vehicle, and various instruments have a chance to give screwy results if you don't turn on the pitot heat.

And yes, with the @theonegalen's mods, they all should be a subdirectory of /GameData/Galen/... so you should be good there.

What exactly is the error when game loading?

I tagged you, theonegalen, as hopefully you might have some insight? vOv

also, not sure this last bit shows in my above quote:

The instruments WILL NOT WORK if you do not connect your battery and have electric charge on your vehicle, and various instruments have a chance to give screwy results if you don't turn on the pitot heat.

Edited by Stone Blue

On 5/16/2021 at 1:36 PM, Stone Blue said:

Well, are you *sure* you have met all the conditions & installed everything explained in this section from the Warbirds OP?

And yes, with the @theonegalen's mods, they all should be a subdirectory of /GameData/Galen/... so you should be good there.

What exactly is the error when game loading?

I tagged you, theonegalen, as hopefully you might have some insight? vOv

also, not sure this last bit shows in my above quote:

Yeah, when I made WarbirdCockpits years ago, I made a lot of custom variable logic to provide a more "realistic" simulation of real world cockpit gauges. This was mostly because I couldn't run DCS on my old computer, but I could run KSP. I've recently tested WC with a fresh install of nothing but ASET Props, Avionics, RPM, WC and stock Squad folders, and it worked just fine (minus MechJeb / RPM integration, since those weren't installed).

Regarding the loading errors in the log - they aren't relevant. I get the same "texture missing" error on some  of the props because KSP expects the texture to be in the same folder as the model, which some of them aren't - but the props still load. The other WC/RPM related errors I see are all because I didn't put :NEEDS nodes in any of the Warbird Cockpit IVA configs - KSP is trying to build IVAs for mods that aren't installed using mods that integrate with RPM that aren't installed (SXT, VesselViewer, Kerbonov, SCANsat, Astrogator, etc). There are some BDArmory errors and looks like KerbalEngineer threw a few NREs as well.

I just double checked it and it's working. I think it's probably the battery connect switch in the cockpits, so long as all the gauges are showing up @Vault_Buster. Hopefully with summer coming up I'll have more time to update Warbird Cockpits to MAS and I'll probably get rid of the battery switch (or make it on by default) in the next version. I have DCS running on my computer now, so maybe not everything in WC needs to be like a study sim. ;)

Edited by theonegalen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.