[1.12.x] - JNSQ Real Date [1.2]

Cruesoe

JNSQ Real Date

This is a patch for Kronometer that replaces in the in game D001 Y001 clock with the real world Earth clock and calendar.

Features:

• Earth days and months are used, no leap years involved.
  • Starts 1st January 2001
  • Days remain 12 hours long but Months and Years display as you would expect.

Pics:

MyweCYX.png

Install:

Dependencies:

Licence:

• This work is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial 4.0 license.

Thanks to @JadeOfMaar for the assistance in creating this and the Kerbal rotation to make sunrise 6am.

Thanks to @TeamGalileo for JNSQ

Edited by Cruesoe

24 minutes ago, dzin said:

Thanks for mod, @Cruesoe
Should I need to start new save game? Or maybe this is intended?
Added to existing Career savegame: https://imgur.com/AwuI2l8

Interesting! Might have something to do with the planet rotation changing mid game.

I'm not sure what would cause this as I have used this personally for months and haven't seen this before.

I'll update my post to recommend a new game.

Done some more testing. Came to conclusion: days are counted continuous and do not restart for each month. Only yearly counter reset.
September 254th 2005 https://imgur.com/YEYrG86
February 41st 2006  https://imgur.com/XW0GSOB

Tried new save game - same thing. February 39th right now :)
KSP 1.11.2, Kopernicus 1.11.1-38, JNSQ, Kronometer 1.11.0-1 and another ~80mods.

If You need my help, LOGs or anything - let me know.

2 hours ago, dzin said:

Yes - 32nd February after timewarp. Next month is 60th March and so on.

For mods - most installed via CKAN. I believe they are up to date.
Player log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3apkynncu56mhk6/Player.log?dl=0

Hope this helps! ;p

I'm unable to see a fault and I have tested this on multiple installs. My only thought is that it must be a mod conflict. As you say you have 80+ mods including some I haven't heard of.

Please could you try a clean install and let me know if the issue persists.

4 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

This is awesome. Curious though. Why JNSQ? Id think this be geared more towards RSS/RO.

There is already something like this for RSS, that's what started this. I wanted something like RSS Date Formatter for JNSQ.

Hi, I had a question for how this will work in CKAN...

21 hours ago, Cruesoe said:
  • Recommend you delete the Kronomenter bundled with JNSQ and download the latest version here

Is this step make-or-break for this mod? CKAN won't be able to do it; the JNSQ dependency requires its own Kronometer DLL, and we can't remove that. I think users will be able to install the "real" Kronometer separately if they know to do that, but that won't delete JNSQ's copy, so I'm not sure it would work.

If your mod is installed using JNSQ's Kronometer DLL, will it still work?

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

Hi, I had a question for how this will work in CKAN...

Is this step make-or-break for this mod? CKAN won't be able to do it; the JNSQ dependency requires its own Kronometer DLL, and we can't remove that. I think users will be able to install the "real" Kronometer separately if they know to do that, but that won't delete JNSQ's copy, so I'm not sure it would work.

If your mod is installed using JNSQ's Kronometer DLL, will it still work?

It was advice from JNSQ people.

I'll test a fresh install and let you know.

2 hours ago, Cruesoe said:

I have tested this on a clean install.

JNSQ installed via CKAN and dropped my mod in on top.  I've got no errors so please just allow my mod on CKAN and I'll remove the statement in the OP.

Thanks for checking! That's good news. The mod should be in CKAN sometime in the next 30 minutes.

Congrats on the release, and good luck with your mod!

Edited by HebaruSan

18 hours ago, Cruesoe said:

I'm unable to see a fault and I have tested this on multiple installs. My only thought is that it must be a mod conflict. As you say you have 80+ mods including some I haven't heard of.

Please could you try a clean install and let me know if the issue persists.

Thanks for Your answer.
What I did tried today in sequence:
Installed new copy of KSP 1.11.2
Installed All DLC's
Installed latest mods (via CKAN):

• Module Manger
  • Kopernicus (and FlightIntegrator)
  • JNSQ (and scatterer)

Manually deleted with JNSQ bundled Kronometer and downloaded newer one (link in OP)
Installed Real Date.
Start game (oh boy how fast that thing loaded :D I am used to loading for 5minutes), changed only resolution and UI scale settings. Everything else default.
New career savegame
No scene change, KSC, warp on max speed to 28th January and than few clicks "Warp to sunrise" until February.
And it is again 32nd February, not 1st :/

Maybe it is related to settings? Something has to be changed?
It is not a big deal if it works for others and not for me, I can live without it.

New player.log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2r8izj6a0lynl4/cleanInstall_Player.log?dl=0

Hello -- have a 3rd vote.  :)  This works correctly for me on a heavily modded JNSQ install. I did not have Kronometer installed, so I added that, and this cfg. Started a new Sandbox game, went to Tracking Station and warped through Feb 1st and then March 1st. 

Also ... neat idea :)  Can this be done for KSRSS, too? My dates are whack in that install.

Nice idea, I tried to do a similar thing on my own but never made it to work. Too bad that you have to start a new game; I'm not yet ready to give up my 1.5 years of playing in the current save.

1 minute ago, garwel said:

Nice idea, I tried to do a similar thing on my own but never made it to work. Too bad that you have to start a new game; I'm not yet ready to give up my 1.5 years of playing in the current save.

That's not confirmed. I'll test but I think it should work...

16 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Also ... neat idea :)  Can this be done for KSRSS, too? My dates are whack in that install.

This works largely because of the JNSQ scale. JNSQ is built in a way that each day is 12 hours long and there are 365 days in a year.

A stock sized system just doesn't line up so perfectly.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, evileye.x said:

I suspect it doesn't work properly with latest Kronometer (and it is needed to update - to make Kronometer work in 1.12.x KSP)

Date is indicated as 362 December, for example...

Does anyone know how to fix it?..

It works fine with the very latest Kronometer, as in LGG fixed version, not the bundled one with JNSQ.

If your using CKAN just install JNSQ, Kronometer and this and it will work fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.