[1.12.x] - JNSQ Real Date [1.2]

Cruesoe

I also have an issue with date being displayed incorrectly (the day of the month is replaced with the day of the year, so I have something like 255th of September). I have installed Kronometer 1.12.0.1 and I don't have JNSQ\JNSQ_Plugins\Kronometer folder. KSP is 1.12.2 and JNSQ is 0.9.0.

9 minutes ago, garwel said:

I also have an issue with date being displayed incorrectly (the day of the month is replaced with the day of the year, so I have something like 255th of September). I have installed Kronometer 1.12.0.1 and I don't have JNSQ\JNSQ_Plugins\Kronometer folder. KSP is 1.12.2 and JNSQ is 0.9.0.

@Cruesoe, to fix this you have to use the variable Dm instead of D in your DisplayDate config (also Dmth instead of Dth).  D is the day of the year while Dm is the day of the month.

I'm also planning to release JNSQ v0.10 at some point in the not too distant future.  When that happens the intialRotation and offsetTime changes will be incorporated into JNSQ.  You'll therefore need to delete this from JNSQRealDate when v0.10 drops.

Edited by OhioBob

10 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

@Cruesoe, to fix this you have to use the variable Dm instead of D in your DisplayDate config (also Dmth instead of Dth).  D is the day of the year while Dm is the day of the month.

I'm also planning to release JNSQ v0.10 at some point in the not too distant future.  When that happens the intialRotation and offsetTime changes will be incorporated into JNSQ.  You'll therefore need to delete this from JNSQRealDate when v0.10 drops.

Thanks for this, I'll make some changes to the config.

I have an updated version ready to go already when your update drops. I'm using the master on my own play through right now and already caught initialRotation issue and corrected JNSQRealDate in preparation for the update.

I'll push out a small update to fix the D / Dm issue people are seeing.

Edited by Cruesoe

38 minutes ago, garwel said:

JNSQ Real Date 1.1

Mod updated on SpaceDock, CKAN should pick it up soon.

ChangeLog:

Config update to resolve issue experienced by a few users that prevented the Day being reset at the beginning of the month. Thanks to @OhioBob

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 3:28 AM, Cruesoe said:

Following the update to JNSQ this mod requires an update to work correctly.

It's a tiny fix as I already included the Kerbin rotation now added to the base mod.

I will push out an update this evening after work.

I excitedly installed this before reading this current post-- this has something to do with sunrise being at midnight, yeah?

For the time being, I'll pretend the KSC is using an inversion of Old Bohemian Time or something... ;)

4 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

I excitedly installed this before reading this current post-- this has something to do with sunrise being at midnight, yeah?

For the time being, I'll pretend the KSC is using an inversion of Old Bohemian Time or something... ;)

Sorry, my fault, real life, etc.

Update is up on Spacedock now, CKAN to follow shortly.  Thank you @Beetlecat for the poke.

• Change log: Removed initial rotation of Kerbin, now a base JNSQ feature.

10 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

-- this has something to do with sunrise being at midnight, yeah?

JNSQ uses Universal Time, which is centered on the prime meridian (0 degrees longitude).  That is, noon (6:00 UT) occurs when the sun is directly over the prime meridian.  Since KSC is located at 91.8° W longitude, this means that when a game starts at  the traditional time of 0:00 UT, it is sunset at KSC.  What this mod use to do, and what JNSQ now does on its own, is adds a 1/2 rotation to Kerbin and advances the clock 6 hours so a new game starts at 6:00 UT.  This means that when beginning a new game it is sunrise at KSC, giving the player a full day of sunlight to get things started.

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

JNSQ uses Universal Time, which is centered on the prime meridian (0 degrees longitude).  That is, noon (6:00 UT) occurs when the sun is directly over the prime meridian.  Since KSC is located at 91.8° W longitude, this means that when a game starts at  the traditional time of 0:00 UT, it is sunset at KSC.  What this mod use to do, and what JNSQ now does on its own, is adds a 1/2 rotation to Kerbin and advances the clock 6 hours so a new game starts at 6:00 UT.  This means that when beginning a new game it is sunrise at KSC, giving the player a full day of sunlight to get things started.

I totally appreciated that when starting a new career in 0.10, for sure!

The appeal of real-dates was calling to me, with the unfortunate side-effect of reverting to the sunrise @00:00 after my Kerbals were enjoying the 6am wake-up for a few days. 

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, tinyspy44 said:

Is there any way to change the starting year?

You can change the starting date by editing the JNSQRealDate.cfg file.  You'll find this in your game folder, in GameData\JNSQRealDate.

The year appears as 2001 and is in three places.  Replace all three with what ever year you want to start with.

• 2 months later...

I'm interested in modifying the configs to apply real dates to a 2.5x KSRSS system, which has a 7.5-hour day. I guess the main value I need to modify is the "offsetTime" figure, which is currently "21600".

Question: is the offset based on adding this number of seconds to the standard Kerbin day, i.e. adding 21600 seconds to the standard Kerbin day to make it match JNSQ's 12-hour day?

If so, then to make it work with 2.5x KSRSS, I would change the "offsetTime" figure to 5400, right? (Add 5400 seconds to the standard Kerbin day to bring it up to 7.5 hours.)

Edit: Actually, I see that I'm wrong about this and the offset time just changes the time that a new save starts at, right? So I should modify the value for offset time if the game doesn't start at dawn at KSC and I want it to start then.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

8 hours ago, UnanimousCoward said:

Actually, I see that I'm wrong about this and the offset time just changes the time that a new save starts at, right? So I should modify the value for offset time if the game doesn't start at dawn at KSC and I want it to start then.

That's correct, offsetTime just changes the start time.  In JNSQ we offset the time because of where KSC is located (-91.8 longitude).  Without the offset, the game begins at 0:00 UT when it's sunset at KSC.  But by offsetting 6 hours (the day is 12 hours long), the game starts at 6:00 UT when it's sunrise at KSC.  (Kronometer just changes the clock.  To change from sunset to sunrise, we also had to rotate the planet 180 degrees.)

To change the length of the day you need to do one of two things.  First, you can use %useHomeDay = true.  This makes the length of the day equal to length of the home world's day.  The other thing you can do is the following, where you can custom set the length of the day to whatever value you want it to be (in seconds).

@Kronometer:AFTER[modName]
{
    @CustomTime
    {
        @Day
        {
            value = 27000
        }
    }
}

For a complete list of all the possible customizations and syntax, see here:

Kopernicus/Kronometer: A mod to manipulate the clock for Kerbal Space Program (github.com)

Edited by OhioBob

13 hours ago, UnanimousCoward said:

I'm interested in modifying the configs to apply real dates to a 2.5x KSRSS system

5 hours ago, OhioBob said:

For a complete list of all the possible customizations and syntax, see here:

Well after reading this, and reading the JNSQRealDate.cfg file, I didn't see any reason why it shouldn't just work. So I changed the  AFTER to KSRSS. Here's my observations. It shows "real" date formatting, doing warp to next morning increments the day by 1, however, sunrise seems to be 4:41am, and the sun is well up into the sky.

Oh, and we're in the JNSQRealDate thread ... oops ... 

Spoiler

tHg6Yur.png

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers
spurling

18 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Well after reading this, and reading the JNSQRealDate.cfg file, I didn't see any reason why it shouldn't just work. So I changed the  AFTER to KSRSS. Here's my observations. It shows "real" date formatting, doing warp to next morning increments the day by 1, however, sunrise seems to be 4:41am, and the sun is well up into the sky.

Oh, and we're in the JNSQRealDate thread ... oops ... 

If you're using JNSQRealDate.cfg for something other than JNSQ, it's not going to work.  This mod is made specifically for JNSQ.  KSRSS would require its own customizations.  And you're right, we should be talking about it in this thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.