Mission Planning/ Interface breakdown

Im sure this is on Intercept's radar but I'd love if KSP 2 found a way to make mission planning a bit more intuitive. I think like most old' hats I've got the dV map printed out on my wall and a notebook full of calculations and crew rotations, but especially for new players helping them bridge that gap from their first Minmus or Mun landing to interplanetary travel would be great. One really handy thing would be to attach an interactive dV subway map to craft and/or subassemblies where you could select your destination(s) and it would add up the required dV, maybe even prompt you to set alarms for transfer windows, populate the Engineers report with warnings about TWR, communication ranges, etc. Of course this could get really complicated given just how wild some folk's designs get but if it was simple and clear it could be a huge asset to new and old players alike. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

Absolutely! I would love a stock mission timer. I launch tons of missions all at once, and usually I (accidentally) get multiple different burns on different craft only minutes apart. Really bad to have two simultaneous reentries on different planets.

I've never thought of using a notebook, but that would be cool. I'll do that...

OOohh so Im just catching up on ShadowZone's breakdown and it looks like maybe they're way ahead of me:

LLqglpY.png

Which is awesome. And @SOXBLOX absolutely. I think a lot of players focus on one mission at a time and warp all the way through to their destinations but I really like to build up an infrastructure of mining bases and fuel stations and multiple concurrent missions. I'll often have up to 50 active flights, half of which require some level of monitoring. I don't think I'd be able to function without KAC. Speaking of which ShadowZone speculated that the icon the right might be a version history, but it could also be the alarm-clock/mission schedule? 

Edited by Pthigrivi

Looked at this a bit more closely and some interesting things popped up:

bvhFG5z.jpg

Its not exactly clear if this is newer or older than the over-the-shoulder shot of the ortho-view Nate shows, but I thought it would be fun to break it down. Any ideas on the question marks? It looks like they've moved the control parts into utility, and Im not seeing any sub-category for colony parts or LS. Also not seeing drills. Or a button for action groups, crew compliment, contracts, or current funds (!) For a moment they show the ladder part's listed "cost/stock" but nothing filled in. Still in progress?