Jump to content
  • 0

Main Game Won't Load


MacGregor
 Share

Question

Hey everyone, 

I've been dealing with this issue for the past few days after playing for years with little problem. Every time I load KSP, progress halts when I reach squad/[email protected]/batteryBanklarge_icon. The game isn't frozen, as the background pictures continue to change and I can move the mouse. I have uninstalled all mods and reinstalled KSP several times but the same issue keeps happening. The last log is listed below.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

 

[EXC 14:21:39.051] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    DatabaseLoaderTexture_PNG+<Load>d__0.MoveNext () (at <06f13185617646e5bc801baeab53ab75>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
3 hours ago, MacGregor said:

The thumb is in @thumbs. I moved that one to the desktop and it would load. However, once in the game I couldn’t operate any craft. I readded it to the KSP folder and it works! Thanks for the help. 
 

For what it’s worth, while the game is now working, after I reloaded my mods things have been a little weird. It takes longer to load (7 min) and has been more prone to crashing. 

Ok great glad it’s working. Absolutely no idea what that was about then! Those thumbs are a newish thing, not really sure of the purpose (probably like a cache to speed up part displays don’t know) seem more trouble than they’re worth tbh.

Id say that sounds perfectly normal for KSP :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

It’s basically saying it can’t find a texture  however normally it just skips passed it and doesn’t load it.

The ‘freezing but picture changes’ sounds like when something in ModuleManager isn’t right. Are there bad patches installed anywhere or multiple versions of ModuleManager installed? The MM log (in main KSP folder/Logs/ModuleManager/...) should confirm one way or another. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 hours ago, FruitGoose said:

It’s basically saying it can’t find a texture  however normally it just skips passed it and doesn’t load it.

The ‘freezing but picture changes’ sounds like when something in ModuleManager isn’t right. Are there bad patches installed anywhere or multiple versions of ModuleManager installed? The MM log (in main KSP folder/Logs/ModuleManager/...) should confirm one way or another. 

Thanks for responding. There are two files under logs, one for Module Manager and MMpatch. I can't really make heads or tales of them.  Anyone know what I am looking for or how do I post the logs here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

You can post your logs to a file share site like Dropbox and then link it here (they don’t allow direct posting of files etc here).

Deleting it will only be an issue if you have a mod that needs it. It’s not used by the stock game. Rather than delete, you could just drag it to your desktop then it’s there to put back if it breaks something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, FruitGoose said:

You can post your logs to a file share site like Dropbox and then link it here (they don’t allow direct posting of files etc here).

Deleting it will only be an issue if you have a mod that needs it. It’s not used by the stock game. Rather than delete, you could just drag it to your desktop then it’s there to put back if it breaks something.

Gotcha. I’ll post the log soon. Would the module manager be an issue if I’m not using any mods? 
 

Edit: I moved the module manager to the desktop but the load still stops in the same place. 

Edited by MacGregor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Just to check, you moved the ModuleManager .dll out of GameData? 

Does the thumb it freezes on actually exist inside the folder it mentions? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 hours ago, FruitGoose said:

Just to check, you moved the ModuleManager .dll out of GameData? 

Does the thumb it freezes on actually exist inside the folder it mentions? 

The thumb is in @thumbs. I moved that one to the desktop and it would load. However, once in the game I couldn’t operate any craft. I readded it to the KSP folder and it works! Thanks for the help. 
 

For what it’s worth, while the game is now working, after I reloaded my mods things have been a little weird. It takes longer to load (7 min) and has been more prone to crashing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

the thumbs are the little pics you get when you are choosing which craft to launch/load. Been around a while. Usually they get generated when you save a craft. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, steuben said:

the thumbs are the little pics you get when you are choosing which craft to launch/load. Been around a while. Usually they get generated when you save a craft. 

Yes that’s right, but we’re talking about the thumbs for parts. They weren’t there in 1.8 or previous. The other weird thing is some of the parts don’t have one either (like the snr docking port from memory).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...