KSP Loading…: Leading up to something special

UomoCapra

1 minute ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Ooh, stock transfer window planner?

Definitely possible that could be it.  Would need to fix a few broken features within the maneuver mode first like, phase angle that doesn't work correctly

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Ooh, stock transfer window planner?

Probably wishful thinking, but we can dream.... :awe:

Where does that look like something resembling a transfer window

To me it looks like maneuver node editor of sorts

Snipping out the stuff we've seen before...

16 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Rotating Docking Ports

...meh. (sorry!) I'll keep my modulemanager config that only allows docking ports dock if they're snapped to one of the eight 45-degree orientations.

16 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Ground Anchor

The Ground Anchor is a brand new element in KSP, that when paired with EVA construction, will give players the ability to anchor their vessels to the ground or create a solid foundation for bases.

The deployable ground anchor will work as other deployable parts, so it will have to be put into a Kerbal’s inventory and then use the deploy functionality to have it successfully anchor itself to the ground in order to build a base from. 

Very very cool! And I love the name "Stamp-O-Tron" :)

16 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Weren't we supposed to be able to anchor things to the ground automatically since 1.11?

I don't recall that. The closest thing I recall is that things were made to slide less in 1.11.

18 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

To me it looks like maneuver node editor of sorts

Me too. Curious to find out what it is. Though I'd love a stock transfer window planner, I still don't expect it in the game.

1 hour ago, Anth12 said:

mrfKDT4.png

So... What does THAT do? ^^

Tools to repair the broken ship build a wigwam.

A wigwam to sleep.

A case to store the tools.

A book to read in wigwam.

Arrows to defend the wigwam from those who wants your tools.

Got it. They added a Kerbal Tribal mode.

Edited by kerbiloid

Btw, the ground anchors.

Combining them with some kind of ropes (KAS ?), they are something like alpinist hooks.

A chain of anchors to the Keverest top. Alipinism achievements, etc.

A ladder. Two removable anchors and a short portable ladder.

Attach an acnhor above head, attach the ladder, climb, detach the lower anchor and attach it above. Repeat.

2 hours ago, Anth12 said:

mrfKDT4.png

So... What does THAT do? ^^

Looks exactly like a maneuver node. The plus sign indicates a similar type of action as the action group editor button.

From that I would expect this is a shortcut way to call up the maneuver mode. Which would only be needed if they're allowing us to use it while in regular flight view - in map view you can simply click on the maneuver nodes. That all by itself would be a nice QoL addition, I'd be quite happy with that.

45 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

they are something like alpinist hooks.

I made "climbing pitons" out of the stock ladder part and gave it the KIS module to allow it to be attached to the ground.

This is part of my KSRGAP mod for mountain climbing missions. It will be nice that there is a stock option for these contracts now :happy:

WDBhd9T.png

Iy4WiqT.png

1 hour ago, swjr-swis said:

From that I would expect this is a shortcut way to call up the maneuver mode. Which would only be needed if they're allowing us to use it while in regular flight view - in map view you can simply click on the maneuver nodes. That all by itself would be a nice QoL addition, I'd be quite happy with that.

Possibly 

15 hours ago, Anth12 said:

@MaxsimalUm...The rotating docking ports? someone in one of the discords came up with a concern. Are they susceptible to robotic drift?

A robotic part and everything connected to that part are affected by robotic drift. Will this happen to a docking port and everything connected?

No they are not.

I wonder if the easter egg at the end of KSP 2 episode 3 dev video was actually a hint for KSP 1 and that hint is that they finished the "story" that KSP 1 was originally going to have. I know this is wild speculation but had to post it in case I was right, lol.

2 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

No they are not.

Thank you for that. I was a bit worried :)

1 minute ago, Poodmund said:

Looks a lot like a maneuver node editor to me, akin to Precise Maneuver:

Ahh, good to know thanks.

10 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:
15 hours ago, Anth12 said:

@MaxsimalUm...The rotating docking ports? someone in one of the discords came up with a concern. Are they susceptible to robotic drift?

A robotic part and everything connected to that part are affected by robotic drift. Will this happen to a docking port and everything connected?

No they are not.

Wait... to which part were you responding? 'Rotating docking ports ... are they susceptible to robotic dritf', or 'robotic parts and everything connected to that part are affected by robotic drift'?

Makes a difference.

3 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

If the Stamp-O-Tron can be unattached, then I can see some clever robots using them to climb mountains

Oh good one

Particularly useful for my walker prototype, as it struggles on anything more than a slight slope.

24 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

If the Stamp-O-Tron can be unattached, then I can see some clever robots using them to climb mountains. Looks like KSP 1.12 has some nice new features. :)

17 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Particularly useful for my walker prototype, as it struggles on anything more than a slight slope.

It has to be attached by a Kerbal, so I don't see it being that useful for robot walkers.

7 hours ago, T1mo98 said:

Would it be possible to get variants without the Black and Yellow warning stripes? It would really help clean up craft designs.

I hope so! I've already agreed to this in a similar comment by someone else in this thread :P Hopefully they see there's a fair few of us that don't like the stripes :) 

It's a bit like the old 2.5m decoupler if you remember that :P

@Anth12

Thanks for that, I had no idea that was an issue! I'll deffo be keeping my eye on that one - though it does seem (from JPLRepo's reply) we won't have to worry about that with the docking ports :)

How could I forget! While you're looking at docking ports, could we have those construction ports that "weld together" (can't remember the mod) as stock? Would be super useful in reducing part count for large craft/those with with low-end PCs :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.