KSP Loading…: Leading up to something special

UomoCapra

53 minutes ago, MR L A said:

How could I forget! While you're looking at docking ports, could we have those construction ports that "weld together" (can't remember the mod) as stock? Would be super useful in reducing part count for large craft/those with with low-end PCs :)

The mod is called Konstruction and I'd like to add that the welding feature is very welcome even on high-end PCs, as it's such a neat and handy thing. And really only a config away. Please make it stock, Squad.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:00 AM, UomoCapra said:

The deployable ground anchor will work as other deployable parts, so it will have to be put into a Kerbal’s inventory and then use the deploy functionality to have it successfully anchor itself to the ground in order to build a base from. 

8LjbDBOAoqCqgwpFQo_M3YjwZkkU85qkshB_T5y-

Finally. I need something like this. My dres base was sliding so this will permanently fix it

Spoiler

Contrary to popular belief, dres does indeed exiest

Edited by Admiral Fluffy
Nothing!

7 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Wait... to which part were you responding? 'Rotating docking ports ... are they susceptible to robotic dritf', or 'robotic parts and everything connected to that part are affected by robotic drift'?

The question was about rotating docking ports and if they suffer from robotic drift like the BG parts, so that's what he answered. Would be amazing if the robotic drifting was fixed though, its a bad bug.

16 minutes ago, Anth12 said:

Would be amazing if the robotic drifting was fixed though, its a bad bug.

I'm surprised I've never come across this bug. Are the robotic parts attached radially or to nodes? The latter is obviously always stronger.

3 hours ago, Brikoleur said:

Hmm... the Stamp-O-Tron would make a Gilly base feasible. Things tend to float off it otherwise.

Regarding this there is already a stock "solution" involving a Kraken drive applying constant downward force. This can also help with walking robots, responding to an earlier post - or even used for more extreme effects:

1 minute ago, dnbattley said:

I'm surprised I've never come across this bug. Are the robotic parts attached radially or to nodes? The latter is obviously always stronger.

They can be attached both radially and node attached. Robotic drift also isn't limited to the robotic part only but to everything connected to the robotic part.

Robotic Drift is more a problem for reusable crafts, not for ones that are used once. or are parked in orbit due to no gravitational forces being applied. the attachment points being stressed is when theres a problem

8 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Looks a lot like a maneuver node editor to me, akin to Precise Maneuver:

PreciseManeuver-Full.png

I wish.  The best part about this, is the ability to create your own hotkeys. and have it  all in one window.  I have a 'circularise' as the * on the keypad.

8 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Wait... to which part were you responding? 'Rtic dritf', or 'otating docking ports ... are they susceptible to roborobotic parts and everything connected to that part are affected by robotic drift'?

Makes a difference.

To clarify: Rotating Docking ports are not robotic parts.

1 minute ago, MechBFP said:

They did provide some information, read the first post.

I know. But Im curios what it is. Like:

• description
  • how much Weight it can hold
  • How much it costs
  • How to place it
  • Who makes it?
  • What tier is it in science mode?
  • How many can be used to built one thing
  • Can I biuld a base on it
  • and ETC> 

I'd like to know if it can be moved once deployed.

The mass it can hold would be nice to know but im assuming it is able to  manipulated by the CFG

I plan on manipulating it to create a catch all to build an arcology with Extraplanetary launchpads.  Have the design part made.  Basically deploy this and it 'mines' its own resources but it is also a converter to make appropriate build materials AND a workshop drone to build the craft.  Then have a disposable construction pad on top so that the colony part will attach to it.  

46 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

I'd like to know if it can be moved once deployed.

It works like all other deployable parts.
It can be deployed. where it screws itself into the ground, and it can be undeployed where it unscrews itself from the ground and be picked up.

7 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

It works like all other deployable parts.
It can be deployed. where it screws itself into the ground, and it can be undeployed where it unscrews itself from the ground and be picked up.

Awesome thanks!  Is there an auto level option for terrain that isn't the minmus flats?

1 hour ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

But Im curios what it is. Like:

• description
  • how much Weight it can hold
  • How much it costs
  • How to place it
  • Who makes it?
  • What tier is it in science mode?
  • How many can be used to built one thing
  • Can I biuld a base on it
  • and ETC> 

They have to leave us something to discover once we have it, no? We've seen the part model, they've said what it does (and what it isn't), even the animation and method of deployment. I'm good; I can find out the rest when I get my grubby hands on it.

1 minute ago, swjr-swis said:

They have to leave us something to discover once we have it, no? We've seen the part model, they've said what it does (and what it isn't), even the animation and method of deployment. I'm good; I can find out the rest when I get my grubby hands on it.

True. I no longer i have to ask. 

15 hours ago, Dafni said:

The mod is called Konstruction

That should have been fairly easy for me to remember :D thanks haha

8 hours ago, klesh said:

This game just keep giving and giving.  Easily the best videogame purchase of my life.  Thank you so much to everyone responsible for bringing more KSP to us.

100% - I' bought the game and all DLC at full price :) It's absolutely worth it to me - the way I see it more money for SQUAD keeps the game in development PLUS, even if they charged £100 for some DLC, it'd *still* far and away the best price/time spent playing game I've ever bought - thought I do hope we don't get DLC for that price lol!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.