Old KCCKSRSS

TruthfulGnome

@TruthfulGnome

Sounds very interesting, I’ll be trying this out when I get a chance!

Since these are just patch/cfg files for someone else’s assets I don’t believe you need a license; BUT that brings me to my next point:

Have you contacted Katniss218 about a possible Pull Request? He might be interested in including your patches in an EXTRAS folder for players using 2.5x KSRSS.

The advantage there I think is that more users will likely be aware of it because his thread will likely see more user traffic, and therefore more people can be made aware of your 2.5x patch being an option. :)

7 hours ago, lemon cup said:

@TruthfulGnome

Sounds very interesting, I’ll be trying this out when I get a chance!

Since these are just patch/cfg files for someone else’s assets I don’t believe you need a license; BUT that brings me to my next point:

Have you contacted Katniss218 about a possible Pull Request? He might be interested in including your patches in an EXTRAS folder for players using 2.5x KSRSS.

The advantage there I think is that more users will likely be aware of it because his thread will likely see more user traffic, and therefore more people can be made aware of your 2.5x patch being an option. :)

i'll reach out to them later today :) 

For me, the launch sites are loading in fine but the KSC terrain doesn't. Using the Gitlab version of KSRSS and I am using kscswitcher to set it to Florida. Will probably keep using it like this if I can't fix it though since before if I set my launchsite to florida it would just appear broken and above ground so this is better than that at least (also yeah it's 2.5x btw)

edit: ignore my monkey brain I reopened the game and it's fixed

edit 2: reopened game back to water worldz52GvqL.png

Edited by Vovical

3 hours ago, Vovical said:

For me, the launch sites are loading in fine but the KSC terrain doesn't. Using the Gitlab version of KSRSS and I am using kscswitcher to set it to Florida. Will probably keep using it like this if I can't fix it though since before if I set my launchsite to florida it would just appear broken and above ground so this is better than that at least (also yeah it's 2.5x btw)

edit: ignore my monkey brain I reopened the game and it's fixed

edit 2: reopened game back to water worldz52GvqL.png

go to the KerbalKonstructs folder and delete everything in NewInstances. this is the only thing i know of that causes this

On 5/27/2021 at 2:46 PM, TruthfulGnome said:

go to the KerbalKonstructs folder and delete everything in NewInstances. this is the only thing i know of that causes this

It seems to just randomly come in/out as I delete/install mods that have nothing to do with it, its weird almost as if the no. of patches is affecting it lol. Last I played it worked so im just not gonna touch my GameData for now

57 minutes ago, Vovical said:

It seems to just randomly come in/out as I delete/install mods that have nothing to do with it, its weird almost as if the no. of patches is affecting it lol. Last I played it worked so im just not gonna touch my GameData for now

@TruthfulGnome

I was not able to thoroughly test this but I found that deleting KatnissCapeCanaveral (plus all the required mods: KerbalKonstructs, OmegasStructures) then fresh reinstalling those from original source code, and lastly copying over your 2.5x patch,  fixes the issue.

The issue being that after one or two play sessions, on the next game load the Cape Canaveral ground tile does not appear.

Which leads me to believe that one of the dependent mods contains a user-generated instance config that affects the texture. I just don’t know where that might be located. Only that it is not just the NewInstances folder found in KK.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I haven't located the issue of the disappearing terrain (it seems to come and go every few game sessions) i'm just going to stick with it  since even w/o the Cape terrain it fixes the issue in normal KSRSS 2.5x being that the KSC has a big patch of land above it.

1 hour ago, Vovical said:

Even though I haven't located the issue of the disappearing terrain (it seems to come and go every few game sessions) i'm just going to stick with it  since even w/o the Cape terrain it fixes the issue in normal KSRSS 2.5x being that the KSC has a big patch of land above it.

If you are interested, I will share an alternative solution I found to the floating land bug.

Go into the KSCSwitcher folder, and open the file "LaunchSites.cfg" Find the block for us_cape_canaveral and copy and paste the below text into the respective area:

PQSCity
            {
                KEYname = KSC
                lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
                latitude = 28.48
                longitude = -80.69
                repositionRadiusOffset = 0
                reorientFinalAngle = -9.395667
            }
            PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
            {
                radius = 12000
                heightMapDeformity = 80
                absoluteOffset = 0
                absolute = true
                latitude = 28.4
                longitude = -81.1
            }

This moves the KSC a bit further up on the Florida peninsula and closer to the real Cape Canaveral, also eliminating the floating parcel of land.

NOTE: This won't work if you are trying to run Katniss Cape Canaveral.

10 hours ago, Vovical said:

i had it disappear yesterday and reinstalling KerbalKonstructs seemed to fix it

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did finally got the same kind of visual with Katniss, Katniss x2.5 config and KK, but I'm wondering it there is a way to go further, especially regarding the ground textures : they look GREAT when flying, but not so much when lower in altitude, which of course kinda obvious.

Still, is there even larger definition of the ground ? I'm using this install for BDA tournament that will exclusively happen around the KSC center, so, maybe high detailed ground for this single area ?

Also, as we can see in the image above, the game Space Center is crossing a sand road, and it's a bit too visible, like, different texture, way more detailed, etc.

How can we enhance that ? Is this possible to move the Space Center just a bit further in the green homogene field ? Is there new building that would take place is this scenery with logic and aesthetic in mind ?

Thanks in advance, wonderful mod set !

Oh, and second subject as well :

I'm kinda stucked : I want to get the very best visual that's possible around the Space Center for BDA tournament that will stick there, and I finally built a very nice KSP Install based on KSRSS, scaled to x2.5 using Sigma, enhanced locally by the wonderful Katniss Cap Canaveral and its x2.5 config, and the whole graphics mods set, you know, PlanetShine, DoE, TU, TURD, Waterfall, etc, etc.

But I can't get properly good clouds. Like, really, they looks like crap, don't know if it's related to x2.5 scale, but my AVP install looks way better. I've tried KVE on top of the install, it did not ruin anything, works fine, but no improvement.

So, this is the question, how can I improve the clouds to get the very best looking one with my install ?

I would really appreciate any help !

Some mandatory pics of the GameData as well as what it looks like so far :

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

On 9/5/2021 at 4:28 AM, Dakitess said:

I did finally got the same kind of visual with Katniss, Katniss x2.5 config and KK, but I'm wondering it there is a way to go further, especially regarding the ground textures : they look GREAT when flying, but not so much when lower in altitude, which of course kinda obvious.

Still, is there even larger definition of the ground ? I'm using this install for BDA tournament that will exclusively happen around the KSC center, so, maybe high detailed ground for this single area ?

Also, as we can see in the image above, the game Space Center is crossing a sand road, and it's a bit too visible, like, different texture, way more detailed, etc.

How can we enhance that ? Is this possible to move the Space Center just a bit further in the green homogene field ? Is there new building that would take place is this scenery with logic and aesthetic in mind ?

Thanks in advance, wonderful mod set !

7 hours ago, Dakitess said:

Oh, and second subject as well :

I'm kinda stucked : I want to get the very best visual that's possible around the Space Center for BDA tournament that will stick there, and I finally built a very nice KSP Install based on KSRSS, scaled to x2.5 using Sigma, enhanced locally by the wonderful Katniss Cap Canaveral and its x2.5 config, and the whole graphics mods set, you know, PlanetShine, DoE, TU, TURD, Waterfall, etc, etc.

But I can't get properly good clouds. Like, really, they looks like crap, don't know if it's related to x2.5 scale, but my AVP install looks way better. I've tried KVE on top of the install, it did not ruin anything, works fine, but no improvement.

So, this is the question, how can I improve the clouds to get the very best looking one with my install ?

I would really appreciate any help !

Some mandatory pics of the GameData as well as what it looks like so far :

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I'm not aware of any way to make the ground textures look better sorry

On 5/27/2021 at 2:46 PM, TruthfulGnome said:

Here's some more info about the ground decal vanishing and KSC appearing to float in water. I'm using KSP 1.11.2.

TLDR: re-copying all 10 config files in GameData\KatnisssCapeCanaveral\instances from this patch and restarting KSP restored the ground decal for me.

I had the decal problem early in my KSRSS 2.5x playthrough. It started in the middle of game session, and I did not do any KK customization yet. The decal started working again after a restart, and kept working during long play sessions and restarts, so I assumed that it was a one-time mod conflict or KSP memory management bug not worth posting here.

Yesterday, I used KK to place pads, runways, and some support buildings at Vandenberg and Kourou. This was the first time I've used the KK editor, but as far as I know I did not change any of the Katniss objects in Florida. The decal bug showed up after my changes and continued despite multiple restarts.

Erasing configs from KerbalKonstructs\NewInstances would not be a good solution for me because I would lose my alternate launch sites.

I looked at GameData\KatnisssCapeCanaveral\instances and saw that many configs there had a fresh datestamp like they were just edited. Something had rewritten the files, maybe the steps I took with KK, maybe something else. KK_MapDecal_2_PQSDecal.cfg still had its original date; it was not one of the configs that were rewritten. A file compare against a fresh download of this patch said the config files had no changes; only the file dates changed.

I recopied the patch files to restore the old file dates, restarted KSP, had Module Manager rebuild its cache, and the ground decal shows again. It has kept working after 3 restarts.

I suspect some interaction between KK and the Module Manager cache. KSP takes too long to reload for me to do more debugging on this at the moment. If the problem occurs again, I'll save lots of log files: when I first notice the missing ground image, after a restart that doesn't fix the problem, after re-copying config files, etc.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, cameronisher3 said:

My LC-39 pads are just eating rockets. Appears Katniss fixed this at some point or everybody just figured it out. Did you happen to mess with the spawn stuff for these pads when converting it to KSRSS?

I can work on a updated version today or tomorrow.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.