Random Mod Question (Heat Shields)

Hey everyone, I have a somewhat random mod question to ask. I recently had to reinstall all my mods. When trying to recover a saved spacecraft it said that that the 1.25 heatshield was missing. Previously, there we two different sets of heatshields. They had slightly different skins, and I never could tell the difference. Now, there is only the stock set. Does anyone know what mod the other set could be from? Thanks for the help. 

2 hours ago, krblman said:

No idea what mod it comes from.

However, in KSP if a part is missing, you can load the ship anyway but it'll be missing the part. From there you can add the heatshield yourself.

Really? How? Every time I try and load it, it comes up blank. 

11 minutes ago, MacGregor said:

Really? How? Every time I try and load it, it comes up blank. 

Oh. Try looking in your recycle bin.

Another last-case scenario if that foesnt work is to try to load the craft and write down what it says is missing.

Then go into the Squad gamedata files, copy the 1.25 meter heat shield, put it in Squad, and name it whatever you like. I'll call it "PatchShield".

Then in the cfg file, change the ID or name or whatever it says, to the value you wrote down. You should be able to load the ship and then swap the heatshields. Erase the description of the new heatshield entirely (especially the autoloc things) and replace it with "DONOR PART, DO NOT USE" or another placeholder text. After the spaceship is modified, save it, delete the patch shield (or use it more) and restart your game.

1 minute ago, krblman said:

Another last-case scenario if that foesnt work is to try to load the craft and write down what it says is missing.

Then go into the Squad gamedata files, copy the 1.25 meter heat shield, put it in Squad, and name it whatever you like. I'll call it "PatchShield".

Then in the cfg file, change the ID or name or whatever it says, to the value you wrote down. You should be able to load the ship and then swap the heatshields. Erase the description of the new heatshield entirely (especially the autoloc things) and replace it with "DONOR PART, DO NOT USE" or another placeholder text. After the spaceship is modified, save it, delete the patch shield (or use it more) and restart your game.

I've simplified the parts and done them for you apart from modifying the name in the CFG file in a file you can download here. The file is hosted by discord (check the link if cautious) and is in a ZIP format, so no need to worry.

6 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

I cannot answer your question but I can move it to the sub where someone else might. Good luck with your issue. 

I got this under control. Thanks for moving it to this subforum, although I found this forum from the moved thing in the KSP discussion

On 5/21/2021 at 7:57 PM, krblman said:

I've simplified the parts and done them for you apart from modifying the name in the CFG file in a file you can download here. The file is hosted by discord (check the link if cautious) and is in a ZIP format, so no need to worry.

Wow! Thanks for going above and beyond. Turns out it was the Deadly Reentry Mod. For some reason the mod wasn’t showing up in my mod list or cache files. All fixed now. Thanks! 

47 minutes ago, MacGregor said:

Wow! Thanks for going above and beyond. Turns out it was the Deadly Reentry Mod. For some reason the mod wasn’t showing up in my mod list or cache files. All fixed now. Thanks! 

No problem!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.