When did you guys join?

krblman

When did you join ksp  

39 members have voted

1. 1. ?

33 minutes ago, UmbralRaptor said:

IIRC, 0.7.3 in July 2011, though it might have been 0.8.something. Does that make me a Great Old One, or something?

Yes

19 minutes ago, Cavscout74 said:

Sadly, I didn't even hear about KSP till 1.2.2

Still what i consider an old version

7 minutes ago, modus said:

Sadly, I didn't even hear about KSP till 1.7

oof, well welcome to the game

20 minutes ago, modus said:

Sadly, I didn't even hear about KSP till 1.7

Don't feel too bad - met a friend of my son's a few days ago, & we started talked as we have a lot in common.  I asked him if he'd every played KSP since he likes both sci-fi games & actual science.  He'd never heard of it, so I showed him.  He's been watching KSP videos since then, but unfortunately he doesn't have a computer right now so its driving him a little nuts.

Just now, Cavscout74 said:

Don't feel too bad - met a friend of my son's a few days ago, & we started talked as we have a lot in common.  I asked him if he'd every played KSP since he likes both sci-fi games & actual science.  He'd never heard of it, so I showed him.  He's been watching KSP videos since then, but unfortunately he doesn't have a computer right now so its driving him a little nuts.

I'm jealous of your son, I'm 13 and I still don't have friends.

I don't remember the exact time but it was 2017 after 1.3 release

I was searching for a good space style game since my game at that time was dying/dead (StarMade) and never knew KSP existed at that time. I remember reading and re-reading the description thinking to myself "it can't be this cool". Finally got it and yes, it was!

8 hours ago, Cavscout74 said:

Don't feel too bad

I don't feel bad at all:0.0: I'm thankfull for getting to know this game after allways having been interested in space. And a lot has happened since 1.7.

It's just a shame that after a day of work, wife and kids, there's so little time left to actually play the game ;)

9 hours ago, krblman said:

I'm jealous of your son, I'm 13 and I still don't have friends.

That means you have lots and lots of time to make friends my man!

1.3.1 for me. I forget what I’d been playing but got bored and searched on Steam for a new game with sort by user reviews and it came up. Sounded interesting but i honestly thought “this’ll be some 1 day-play max budget indie game”; how wrong I was :D

I got a KSP video recommended to me on YouTube. I was immediately hooked.

About a year later I got a computer that was just barely capable of running it. I bought 1.3.1 and the rest is history :D

Edited by RealKerbal3x

21 minutes ago, Mahnarch said:

I bought in May of 2014  - so, about 0.23?

...I've only ever been to the Kerbin system, Duna and Eve in all that time.

I'm kinda sporadic, though.

The first part is really relatable. Although I have been to Laythe once (on accident which is funny) but then the Laythe Hell Kraken ruined the mission.

I remember being excited about Career mode coming out (now Science mode) but being on a trip and not being able to play it right away. I don't remember what version it was but I started playing in 2013.

I first saw it in videos when I was about 7 years old.

Then I forgot about it for 10 years.

Then I somehow remembered (my mind works in mysterious ways) and by then it was 1.10. So, I am a pretty late-comer and I have been playing this solidly for almost a year now.

I don't remember what version, but I got it for my 10th birthday (Feb. 2018, I think) I first got interested in KSP when I saw some videos on YouTube of other people playing it, I thought it looked fun, and I asked for it. Then, I got it. 

On 5/24/2021 at 8:22 AM, pandaman said:

For me v0.18.3, in March 2013.  And what an awesome 8 years it's been.

Yeah.

Back when I started in 0.12, it was very confusing seeing as the command modules were their own stage. (what?)

• 1 month later...

I joined in 1.6 to vee or not to vee.
I’m curious about how people that have been playing since beta or even earlier think of ksp which has developed and improved so much over the 10 years, because all I know about pre alpha/beta ksp versions are mega cringe footage of old ksp on YouTube and it must be amazing to play that and now have 1.12 and see the ksp2 trailer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.