Flex-Otubes

Some mod, which can add the flex tubes feature (similar to MKS and Pathfinder mods).

With the release of the @ Benjee10

I've been looking for and trying to use the flex tubes from other mods to create the colonies. 

unfortunately I couldn't see if there are Standalone mods, or can I "separate" the MKS or Pathfinder Flex-Otubes from the rest of the pieces.

In the case of MKS Flex-o- tubes they are basically re-skinned KAS pipes.  I would guess pathfinders' are as well.

They aren't as cool looking but you could just go to the source and use KAS pipes.

2 hours ago, luisitoISS said:

trying to use the flex tubes from other mods to create the colonies.

Lot's of mods are moving to a share resources between vessels "near" each other model. This removes the need to cable bases up together (which in some cases calls the Kraken to attack)

MKS is moving towards this and mods like Simple Logistics also implement this non-connected connectedness.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2018 at 5:14 PM, Tonka Crash said:

@Nils277 @IgorZ & @Papa_Joe I confirmed my worries with CLS compatibility and the new Flexible corridor. I cannot get the new Flexible Corridor to function as a passable connection.

EaGyy45.jpg

I built a test rig and sent it to the launchpad with Bill to do some testing. I have two separate base components with crewable spaces. With the flexible corridor in DOCKED mode (as shown) CLS identifies it as 2 spaces. To me this should be seen as one connected space.

The docking port target for the flexible corridor is shown highlighted brown by CLS. This indicates that CLS sees the docking port as Undocked with the Hatch Closed separating the base into two separate CLS spaces. There is no way to open the hatch to connect the spaces.

My suggestion would be to use a new part (maybe recycling the legacy flexible gangway model & texture) as the target and avoid docking ports targets as docking ports are "special" in CLS.

Or, there needs to be a way for a KAS connection to make the target docking port think it's docked with the hatch open to satisfy CLS.

@Tonka Crash has some flex-o-tubes that I liked a lot, I don't know if these are really KPBS own pieces, or are they from SLC (as it says in the post); and yes, they are (either of the two mods); Could you help me to be "activated".

Xq6V6p8.png

PS: this is my GameData Folder, and all my mods. 

KPBS flexible docking ports work for me in 1.10.2. Add them to 2 halves of a base, land/roll/push the halves so the ports are within 5 meters (I might be wrong on the distance), then have an engineer right-click 1 flexible port to attach it to the other flexible port.

21 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

KPBS flexible docking ports work for me in 1.10.2. Add them to 2 halves of a base, land/roll/push the halves so the ports are within 5 meters (I might be wrong on the distance), then have an engineer right-click 1 flexible port to attach it to the other flexible port.

Yes, I already know how the flexible tubes work, the question is, does KPBS have them? And if, yes, how can I activate it (apart from having KAS installed), because it doesn't appear to me.

12 hours ago, luisitoISS said:

Yes, I already know how the flexible tubes work, the question is, does KPBS have them? And if, yes, how can I activate it (apart from having KAS installed), because it doesn't appear to me.

If you know how they work then you'd probably surmise that pretty much all variants are just re-skinned KAS pipes, so pretty much every mod will require  KAS for them to function.

13 hours ago, luisitoISS said:

Yes, KPBS does have the flexible tubes that are automatically added when KAS is installed.  You should find it in the "Structural" category. The part is called "K&K Flexible Corridor" and looks pretty much like a doubled docking port. To connect them place one of them one each target and use the standard KAS way to connect them.

Edited by Nils277

I know which one you mean, and they are good, but they have a very limited extension, and what I was looking for (I clarified with the KPBS issue), were tubes like KAS pipes.
Anyway, thank you.

Edited by luisitoISS

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.