Capture an Asteroid/Comet

I have been wondering about posting this challenge for some time, but here it is!

The challenge is simple: Capture an asteroid or comet.

There will be different ways of completing the challenge as listed below:

Stage 1: Capture a tiny asteroid (A, B) - 100 points

Stage 2: Capture a medium-sized asteroid (C, D) - 200 points

Stage 3: Capture a huge asteroid/small comet (E, F) - 500 points

Stage 4: Capture a massive comet (G) - 750 points

Stage 5: Capture a Gargantuan comet (H, I) - 1000 points

By "capture" I mean that a craft has to dock with it. Any craft will do.

Bonus points will be awarded for moving the asteroid/comet into an orbit of another planet/moon. The orbit doesn't have to be stable, but it can't be too elliptical.

Moho - 2000 points

Eve - 1500 points, Gilly - 4000 points

Kerbin - 4000 points, Mun - 3000 points, Minmus - 3500 points

Duna, Ike - 2000 points

Dres - 4500 points

Jool - 2000 points, Any moon of Jool - 3000 points

Eeloo - 4000 points

Have fun! Please submit either images or videos of you doing it. If you put the asteroid/comet in orbit of another planet/moon please state the apoapsis and periapsis height. If the orbit is too elliptical then the orbit points won't be counted. For a rough guide, it should be in an orbit where a CRAFT can rendezvous with it and mine it for resources.

GOOD LUCK ALL! I will update the leaderboard by points

1. @Wizard Kerbal - 500 points - (Class E asteroid)

Edited by Philae_Rosetta2021

Okay, players have been doing asteroids for years, this shouldn't be hard. But comets are just much larger than asteroids. One strategy is to mine the comet for the fuel to propel the comet, others use mods to move the comet (Project Orion anyone?).

Also, moving asteroids to Kerbin orbit is pretty easy. Just pick an asteroid that is in it's way to Kerbin already, and then burn retrograde. Comets, on the other hand, have different orbits than those of asteroid, so I'm not sure if there are comets that are naturally encountering Kerbin. It's just a matter of waiting until one lucky one shows up. Dres is even easier: Asteroids naturally spawn there, so it's basically free points for those visiting Dres!

As for the elliptical orbits, I believe that your idea of simply having the apoapsis of the orbit inside the SOI of the planet isn't enough. If so, please clarify.

Yes I mean that the asteroid/comet can't be placed just inside of a planet/moons SOI but has to be close(ish) to the planet/moon it is orbiting to give it the realistic feel that an asteroid/comet in an extremely elliptical orbit would be launched out of the SOI at some point. Like I said, I leave it up to the entrants to make their minds up about how close/elliptical the orbit is, but make it comfortably inside the SOI.

I also should have clarified that mods are allowed, except ones like HyperEdit. Modded parts are fine, but that has to be made clear on the entry.

Alright, here are the updated points:

Stage 1: Capture a tiny asteroid (A, B) - 100 points

Stage 2: Capture a medium-sized asteroid (C, D) - 200 points

Stage 3: Capture a huge asteroid/small comet (E, F) - 500 points

Stage 4: Capture a massive comet (G) - 750 points

Stage 5: Capture a Gargantuan comet (H, I) - 1000 points

By "capture" I mean that a craft has to dock with it. Any craft will do.

Moho - 2000 points

Eve - 1500 points, Gilly - 4000 points

Kerbin - 4000 points, Mun - 3000 points, Minmus - 3500 points

Duna, Ike - 2000 points

Dres - 1500 points

Jool - 2000 points, Any moon of Jool - 3000 points

Eeloo - 4000 points

Also, there is a point multiplier for the size of the captured asteroid/comet:

Tiny - x1

Medium - x2

Large - x5

Gargantuan - x10

Edited by Philae_Rosetta2021

Dangit I just deleted my save file that I captured an E asteroid. It took like 3  launches, all payloads combined were 500 tons I believe. WAIT! About a month ago in, “What did you do in KSP today?” I have pictures of me doing a 40 minute capture burn for an E-class asteroid. And that was the first of 3. 
Found it! Page 2278 near the bottom! 

Edited by Wizard Kerbal

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.