How do you think KSP players view each other?

Dr. Kerbal

How do you think KSP players view each other?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think KSP players view each other?

• Kindly.
    • Meanly.
  2. 2. How do you think KSP players view each other?

• Kindly
    • Meanly
    • Like Family

I have seen other gamming communities like Minecraft and Roblox before. And comparing the 2 to the KSP community seems to be really nice. Like no one calls each bad names,  or criticize each other harshly. Instead they give suggestions or complement others. Like, has this always been like this? I mean comparing some other gamming communities KSP seems really nice. Even on reddit? Has it always been like this?  I'm not saying this is bad it just that, I noticed it. 

Edited by Dr. Kerbal

depends per person

for example I like some ksp players more than others (not personally but what they do in ksp and how they do it and with what they do it,...)

but I like most (not all though) ksp playwrs

Forums aint too bad, I think most people here are nice to each other,

Discord KSP servers are well known for their toxicity, especially to some groups

Some youtuber discord servers are specifically well known for their toxicity, but that would be rude to talk about them.

Edited by Guest
grammer correction

I have never seen toxicity on the forums or on the KSP community. However I have seen some veteran players who are a little bit annoyed with new players who ask questions that are obvious to the veteran but not so obvious to the new player. However it’s not as common in the KSP community than it might be with other games I play like MFS2020, War Thunder, WoT, etc.

Edited by Stormpilot

19 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Discord KSP servers are well known for their toxicity, especially to some groups

Some youtuber discord servers are specifically well known for their toxicity, but that would be rude to talk about them.

I’ve seen some toxicity on Discord, but not much. 
Maybe it’s because I’m only on the image pages.

P.S. I have the same username on discord

4 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

I can’t speak that much to other platforms but from what I’ve heard there is a lot more toxicity. 

The WoT (World of Tanks) community is the most toxic I have seen so far.

After years of watching the forum, I would add a third category  "Like Family"
We may get into some really heated discussions about different topics, but when all is said and done, we're still kind of a big Kerbal family, and IMO pretty unique as far as internet forums go

Edited by Just Jim

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 6:47 PM, Just Jim said:

We may get into some really heated discussions about different topics, but when all is said and done, we're still kind of a big Kerbal family, and IMO pretty unique as far as internet forums go

Yeah! KSP is one of those nice communities where 99.9% of the time people get along :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there Uncle  @Just Jim !

Running an information errand for my wife, I was just on *deleted just in case forum rules* forums a week or so back and the level of... i mean... well no other way to describe it... HATE that is there is unbelievable! 

It's been a while since I had been on those forums and they were extremely toxic back then. The sad part is while my wife was in *deleted MMORPG* at the time, the pure unadulterated rudeness and meaness that comes across in the channel is also terrible, people are literally wishing others to die.

I just want the mods to know they are appreciated, with this atmosphere, when KSP2 multiplayer drops, it will be ONE multiplayer that I can not WAIT to join you good folks here with! It is very nice to see ambiguous writing and not immediately feel the need to defend yourself. This is truly the model to beat.

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2021 at 4:31 PM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

It’s rather disheartening, really (the yt discord servers) no respect is shown, and it’s the definition of toxicity. (TheBeardyPenguin’s server is actually pretty nice, but his fellow Brit....eh, not so much)

On 5/26/2021 at 8:47 PM, Just Jim said:

Couldn’t have said it better!

This place is the one corner of the Internet that really warms my heart+is like a home!

On 8/9/2021 at 7:09 AM, BuranAce said:

The kerbal community is definitely the most tightly knitted and well behaved community I've ever seen.

Correction

A well MODERATED kerbal community is

Discord KSP servers can quickly go into unenjoyable chaos

• 2 weeks later...

Did i just break a record and voted that ksp players view eachother meanly, yes. There is definitely people that wants to insult/attack but the forum rules and active moderators that prevent the forums from disoving to a insulting, swearing mess like discord servers in the past so they must act nice.

I agree with @ffx for the most part. Ive been a forum member for about 8 years now, and for the most part everyone treats everyone else kindly, but, the fact is whenever you gather a group of people into a well a group it is inevitable that personality conflicts will happen. Our moderators do a wonderful job of wrangle the cats so to speak. And to some extent (leave you dear reader to put your line where you will) we are a family of passionate space nerds tossing our kerbals around :) 

I have had a few trolls try to force their opinion down my throat and 1 person I had thought was nice suddenly go weird but I can count all of this on 1 hand. 99.9% of people I have interacted with are nice. Also the moderators are really nice, helpful and friendly. They also interact just like everybody else which makes them very down to earth and relatable. So definitely a nice forum to be on and a number of members have proven very generous and helpful to people they have never really met.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.