KSP Loading... Preview: Slim Suit

48 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

Guys the pods design is the exact same as the MK1-3.

I don't know how any of you haven't noticed yet.

Where are the windows? You can see the light from the windows, but they don't match the shadows in Mk 1-3. Mk1-3 has 5 windows: 2 on sides, 2 at 15 degrees from the center, and one in the middle. I only see the 1 circle on the left.

2 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

Guys the pods design is the exact same as the MK1-3.

I don't know how any of you haven't noticed yet.

Edit: on second thought, I'm pretty sure it is the same :P

Edited by MR L A

2 minutes ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Where are the windows? You can see the light from the windows, but they don't match the shadows in Mk 1-3. Mk1-3 has 5 windows: 2 on sides, 2 at 15 degrees from the center, and one in the middle. I only see the 1 circle on the left.

It's the angle and zoom keeping the windows out of view, also they must be in space pointing towards or away from the sun for they're to be no shadow.

1 minute ago, MR L A said:

It's not the same...

Who knows, maybe your right, it's just the interior looks literally the same in terms of design

2 hours ago, KSPStar said:

It will be customizable and we will provide templates. :) 

Oh yeah (would reply with a gif but  I can't find the coolaid gif rn :( )

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

New suit! New solar arrays like those on the Dragon! Very interesting…

It's all over when they introduce starship parts

21 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

What do you mean "over"?

They'll likely loose their mind (Or another, stronger, word that could replace mind).

Idk if y'all have thought of this, but every new feature in KSP will end up in KSP 2.

Edited by Atomic Engineer
(The word could be a synonym of excrement and may rhyme with shoot. But it's up to your mind to fill in the blanks, it's your mind not mine. This message was brought to you buy the Lawyers of AtomicTech.)

2 hours ago, Atomic Engineer said:

Idk if y'all have thought of this, but every new feature in KSP will end up in KSP 2.

I wouldn't get my hopes up to much about that. It may not all be transferable or applicable. It likely isn't. It also depends on how much take 2 is directing development nowadays.  At this point I think you have it backwards, any new feature in KSP was likely backported from KSP2. At least in concept.

2 hours ago, Atomic Engineer said:

That is bad assumption to make. They are two different games, and don't assume anything from KSP1 unless it has specifically been shown or mentioned.

8 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

That is bad assumption to make. They are two different games, and don't assume anything from KSP1 unless it has specifically been shown or mentioned.

I dunno, in the first trailer for ksp 2 they had the original design for the poodle engine on a mun lander, but in a future presentation the poodle now matches it's current KSP1 design. There was also a post a while back talking about how it was kind of difficult to keep track of what KSP1 was implementing because they would need to consider that and try to put it in KSP2 as well. I'd link to the specific thing if I could remember where it was.

16 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

YOOOOOooooo!!!!!!

SpaceX suits!

That is exactly what I thought when I saw them.

It is tempting to think a SpaceX collaboration is on the cards. 

Could this mean stock Falcon landing legs and grid fins, and Starship fins?

Edited by pandaman

1 hour ago, pandaman said:

That is exactly what I thought when I saw them.

It is tempting to think a SpaceX collaboration is on the cards. 

Could this mean stock Falcon landing legs and Starship fins?

Any sort of bigger landing legs would be nice. 

8 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Very sleek :)

They do look a lot like SpaceX suits, now that you mention it... :o

I am pretty sure thats the point. Wish helmets can still be equipped in IVA, it would be better from dragon recreations

2 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

Elon Kerman confirmed?

Why do I get the feeling that 1.12 is a spacex shared horizons

4 hours ago, Atomic Engineer said:

They'll likely loose their mind (Or another, stronger, word that could replace mind).

They'll lose their inner Kraken :(

Despite what everyone is saying, I'm not so convinced that this update will center around Spacex. For one, unlike the ESA update, there has been no announcement of colaberation with Spacex, the former having an announcement about it very early on. On top of that, the suit, while remanicent of the IVA spacesuit that Spacex uses, it's simply titled as "slim suit" while again, the ESA suit is labeled clearly as ESA. Second, this is currently the only new item that could be connected to Spacex. I know that some people pointed out that the solar panels look similarly to the panels on the dragon 1 capsule, but those are a pretty common design of solar panels. They looked more like what many probes have, or to me personally they look like they belong on a soyuz. Nothing else about this update clearly screams Spacex at this time.

I could be wrong of course, but right now it just doesn't seem that likely to me.

Edited by Yellowburn10

5 minutes ago, Yellowburn10 said:

Despite what everyone is saying, I'm not so convinced that this update will center around Spacex. For one, unlike the ESA update, there has been no announcement of colaberation with Spacex, the former having an announcement about it very early on. On top of that, the suit, while remanicent of the IVA spacesuit that Spacex uses, it's simply titled as "slim suit" while again, the ESA suit is labeled clearly as ESA. Second, this is currently the only new item that could be connected to Spacex. I know that some people pointed out that the solar panels look similarly to the panels on the dragon 1 capsule, but those are a pretty common design of solar panels. They looked more like what many probes have, or to me personally they look like they belong on a soyuz. Nothing else about this update clearly screams Spacex at this time.

I could be wrong of course, but right now it just doesn't seem that likely to me.

ESA is gonna want to make a marketing push with a collab in a public way. That isn't spaceX's MO, in my opinion. They would be more likely to be more low key til release day, they know very well how bad the fans want it. The last launch stepped up spaceX's Stem outreach with an orbital mechanics demo, that was a first for the broadcast afaik. It looked a lot like the sneak preview of the new KSP demos. Granted it's not an uncommon way to explain it. I think at this point it's a bit of wishful thinking, sure. I think most of us here would be pretty happy if all SpaceX did was lend their logo in an official way for a flag.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.