The Flags of AtomicTech and Friends (Version 1.4.1)

AtomicTech

For your Enjoyment, I present the The Flags of AtomicTech:

Atomic-Tech-1.jpg

Divisions included in Version 1.2:

-The Communications Division

In charge of Relays and other forms of Communications, this Division was comprised of the former members of the original Engineering Team who started AtomicTech from the depths of the KSC Intern Program.

-The Refurbishment Division

This Division was formerly the Recycling Division that split up into the SSTO and Refurbishment Divisions. These Kerbals are your go-to team for all your needs in reusing anything, like older space stations!

-The Space Station Division

These Kerbals are the group responsible in creating, designing, and helping with anything that stays in orbit and holds Kerbonauts. They even designed the new buildings!

-The Robotic Spacecraft Division

These are the newer recruits into AtomicTech and are generally considered, secretly by all the other Divisions, aside from the Administration, to be the resident nerds as they know every pop culure reference and how to write AI. They asked us, the PR Team, to tell investors that "W3 ar3 at the 4fr0nt 0f th3 d3v3l0pm3nt 0f th3 futur3 sp4c3tr4v3l." 

-The Public Relations Division

We are in charge of getting AtomicTech's Innovations out for everyone to see!

-The Life Support Division

These are the Kerbals in charge of keeping our Kerbonauts alive, our snacks tasty, and our Air Conditioning working. This group, led by Edward Kerman, are the single most important Division outside of the Rocketry Division (That didn't get their flag to us on time, typical.).

-The Survival Division

These are your hardkore, creative Kerbals who are in charge of designing our Minimalist missions and training our Kerbonauts for staying alive in any scenario! (Note: Beyr and Garls Kerman, former members of this division, are not still related to AtomicTech anymore after the Kerbolar Kan Incident.)

-The SSTO Division

Odd, complicated but usually effective.

-The Nuclear Energy Division

(This Statement has been redacted due to including secret designs and developments)

-The Longterm Travel Division

This Division split off from the Space Station Division to pursue a shared ideal of making sure that Kerbals are comfortable on long voyages. They usually collaborate with the Space Station Division to make the most comfortable accommodations and are commonly at odds with the Survival Division's plans for the most "hardkore" missions like their idol, Bradley Kerbstance.

-The Administration Division

The Kerbals who are in charge of us, please don't fire us!

-The Interplanetary Division

The most optimistic Division who want to go beyond Kerbin, the Mun, and Minmus but are still happy with testing interplanetary craft designs there. They are constantly petitioning Admin to keep giving them more money to go see places and see things!

-Finally, the Flag of AtomicTech

Iconic and Simple.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Friends!

-The Flour Tortilla League

These fine Kerbals work hard to create the best tasting NOMS and food supplies!

-EpsilonTech

Our Partners in Crime! We've worked with them continually to advance the field of asteroid mining!

-J-Tech

Our predecessor! The original name in aerospace congolmerates!

When the young Atomic Science and the veteran J-Tech fell on hard times, we combined to become AtomicTech, a force of nature!

-Neutron Electronics

Famous all over Kerbin for their Mini-Potato Powered Computer then the Battery-Powered Computer, truly taking Kerbal Civilization to the next level!

-Kersplat Aerospace Industries

Well known for their unrivalled ability to mediate and moderate fights within the Aerospace Industry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Kerbol Conquest Flags!

The Administration wants the Divisions to show less "ownership" over programs and is issuing a new set of flags! Each Planet and Moon, save for the Mun, Gilly, and Minmus, now have a flag with the biome map included!

(Maps borrowed the KSP Wiki)

The @adsii1970 Collection

Adsii1970 has graciously offered a collection of KSP Flags he's made over the years to be added into the collection. Any version from 1.3 forward'll have this included!

The Radioactive Refresh Addition

I've redesigned the original AtomicTech Flag and increased the resolution to 512x256 over the old 256x160!

There's a flag variant for each color of the rainbow as well as a recreation of the original flag.

Planned Additions:

-Feel free to suggest something!

MIT License Below!

Spoiler

Copyright 2021 AtomicTech

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Edited by AtomicTech
Updated it!

• 3 months later...

No, I'm just really adept at editing, on my spacedock post, I wrote, "Backgrounds of Flags from the talented Vince Marcellino!"

I find working with other people's art really fun because it's like a puzzle where I define where things go byt not what the things actually are. 

Spoiler

Confusing? I think so.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a question about this mod:  How are you creating the ZIP files? The CKAN bot is reporting some strange error messages for them since version 1.2 as part of the ZIP file validation that it does for every mod:

https://spacedock.info/mod/2763/The Flags of Atomictech/download/1.2.3 is not a valid ZIP file: Error in step EntryHeader for KSP Flags/: Exception during test - 'End of extra data'

I had to look up what that means, and it seems to relate to some extra Windows-related timestamp info being added for each file, but I haven't been able to figure out what the bot thinks is wrong with that data. We haven't seen this specific error for any other mod before, so I'm guessing there is something different about how this mod is being packaged, and maybe if we knew what that difference was and could try making such ZIPs ourselves, we could figure out whether it's a real problem or something to fix in the bot.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Edited by HebaruSan

43 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Hi, I have a question about this mod:  How are you creating the ZIP files? The CKAN bot is reporting some strange error messages for them since version 1.2 as part of the ZIP file validation that it does for every mod:

I had to look up what that means, and it seems to relate to some extra Windows-related timestamp info being added for each file, but I haven't been able to figure out what the bot thinks is wrong with that data. We haven't seen this specific error or any other mod before, so I'm guessing there is something different about how this mod is being packaged, and maybe if we knew what that difference was and could try making such ZIPs ourselves, we could figure out whether it's a real problem or something to fix in the bot.

Thanks in advance for any info!

I'm using the integrated Zipper on my Chromebook to package the Flag image files, I hope that helps!

4 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

I'm using the integrated Zipper on my Chromebook to package the Flag image files, I hope that helps!

Ahh, interesting. Just to confirm, is it this "Zip selection" option?

5dfbde72855cc20efb62612e

I don't have a Chromebook, but I think its software is all open source, so maybe I can set up a virtual machine for testing. Thanks!

It seems that SharpZipLib's ZipFile.TestLocalHeader is getting tripped up by an empty (length=0) Zip64 Extended Information Extra Field. The ZIP spec states somewhat indirectly that this field can't be empty:

https://pkware.cachefly.net/webdocs/casestudies/APPNOTE.TXT

This entry in the Local header MUST include BOTH original and compressed file size fields.

The original and uncompressed file size fields are missing, so this looks like a bug in ChromeOS's ZIP utility, whatever it is.

As a Chromebook user, do you know of a bug tracker where I could report this (and check for any already filed duplicate reports)?

6 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

@HebaruSan, on ChromeOS, if you use the short cut, Alt-Shift-I, it'll let you report bugs directly to Google.

Thanks. I don't have ChromeOS (or at least not a copy of it that I'm able to run at the moment, since VMWare Player 16 won't install on Windows 7), so if you press that, does it open a web site? If so, would you mind sharing that site's address?

Quite interestingly, this wasn't my first flag pack. 

I actually have another, my first one, hidden in my flags folder in my KSP file. This weekend, I'm going to extract them and upload them back to my drive and put them into version 1.3.

Who knows? Maybe I still have them buried deep in my 20.79 GB's of files in my Google Drive.

I found one!

Kerbal-Flag.png

Spoiler

I lost all the original files when I had to reset my chromebook.

And they weren't backed up ;.;

• 3 weeks later...

Ha, yeah. The coolest flag I ever came up with for my aerospace program and it wasn't even included...

YgHZ4OK.png

Actually, it is more of a decal for test flights when I was going to do "Tales of a KSP Test Pilot" but never got around to doing it. I do use it in the fan fic I am still working on (when I have a chance to write). But I was just teasing you anyway. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.