KSP 2 Recommended System Specs

isdi0

I was wondering whether or not anyone has an estimate for KSP 2 recommended specs for 1080p? I tried looking it up but I got many varied answers, from really low system requirements, up to entry level. Does anyone know?

As you found out, noone really knows. With all the speculation abound with system specs, your guess is as good as anyone else's. That question won't be answered until Intercept actually posts something about it. 

Anyway, with the current shortages of electronic components, your best bet is to save funds and plan what you need to do upgrade wise after Intercept post what the system specs should be. (Unless you're planning it for other reasons, I would suggest waiting until the shortages start to ease.)

Although there's nothing we can base on, I doubt that you will need more than you have to run KSP1, in the best case, it might actually be somewhat less, KSP2 has been made from the ground based on optimization.

But like shdwlrd said, we can only guess, so star saving your funds!

6 hours ago, Davi SDF said:

I doubt that you will need more than you have to run KSP1

To say KSP 2 will have similar requirements to KSP 1, a game  made over 10 years ago by a single person then small indi team is extremely unlikely and would be a horrible start for the game.

Tech has advanced considerably since KSP 2 was released, it makes sense to make use of it. It is not unfair to expect a 2008 laptop will no longer cut it. I hope the game is ready to look and play like a game made in 2021 to stand against the test of the next decade where gaming tech will advance by even greater margins.