Show and Tell - The Kerbal Space Center

StarSlay3r

So is this actually on kerbin or is this just in-game on a plain with some hills?

Reasoning:

1. Skybox looks like a skybox not volumetric clouds
2. Terrain is extremely undetailed and looks nothing like what they showed off on the mun and pol
3. Either kerbin got a smaller or it is on a plain with a fall off

Edited by ballisticfox0

Just now, Nate Simpson said:

There will be multiple space centers.

Awesome! Will there be a competitive version of the adventure mode? Or will there only be a co-op mode? Or, will there be a space race mode, where you can select a goal, and try to get there before anyone else?

1 minute ago, Nate Simpson said:

Will there be a Kerbal Konstructs-esqe ability to build a space center wherever we want or will y'all just provide a bunch of space center locations.

Also, will there be differentiation? And different facilities? Like it would be cool if it was a real challenge to decide which DSN station to upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Nate Simpson said:

This is an excellent note. Consider that hill deleted.

Haha, thanks lol. I know fans of giant SSTOs like Stratzenblitz75 will appreciate that

1 minute ago, ballisticfox0 said:

Skybox looks like a skybox not volumetric clouds
2. Terrain is extremely undetailed and looks nothing like what they showed off on the mun and pol

Test Scene. We've seem a lot of them.

Just now, StarExplorerNeptune said:

Will this be the final/close to final design of the ksc?

I would assume so, considering they are doing a show and tell on it.

3 minutes ago, StarExplorerNeptune said:

Will this be the final/close to final design of the ksc?

All Show and Tell footage is work in progress status. Content is subject to change as the team continues to work on the game. 

10 minutes ago, ballisticfox0 said:

So is this actually on kerbin or is this just in-game on a plain with some hills?

Reasoning:

1. Skybox looks like a skybox not volumetric clouds

As Nate has previously mentioned, this is footage from a test scene that the artists use to review assets. The background in this footage just shows a placeholder skybox. 

2 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Indeed :D 

Tho it would be cool if we had a space center split in two and there was a bridge over a canyone to connect them. That would be SPICY

You guys are great, KSP 2 makes me happy

Nice facilities, actually looks the part. I was kind of hoping to see a redesign of the astronaut center. I never cared for it in KSP1. All well. Everything is looking good, warts and all.

33 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

Nice facilities, actually looks the part. I was kind of hoping to see a redesign of the astronaut center. I never cared for it in KSP1. All well. Everything is looking good, warts and all.

Yeah I can see why they'd like to reference the original for continuity. It has a very DC administrative look. This is the current NASA headquarters, which isn't a bad bit of deconstructivst architecture, but nothing to write home about and doesn't allow you to wrap around a big cool statue.  I think the current designs have a lot of integrity and a nice balance between slightly cartoonish proportions and  simple/realistic detail. 

fgw3yb0.jpg

Cape Canaveral also has a lot of this kind industrial support infrastructure that might be cool to see a dash of:

9JDiQRh.jpg

And as they're working on alternate launch sites there are some nice references at Japan's Tanegashima and China's Wenchang Launch Centre. More color and a fun tropical setting:

vcL3GKo.jpg

nXNZZ96.jpg

And of course Baikonur and its more raw, desert industrial aesthetic:
UgyilBB.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.