Rover completion contract refuses to register as completed

Hello all,

I'm currently playing through a career game with the BG DLC and the in-situ building update, and I got a contract that said I needed to add enough parts to a rover on Ike so that I could drive it to a waypoint to fulfill its original mission.  In the contracts sidebar, all it said was "move the rover".  So I landed nearby, drove my own rover out to meet it, slapped on some solar panels and a big battery, and then drove the rover to the waypoint AFAICT, i.e. the square nav indicator was as nearly directly above me as I could get it.  No contract fulfillment notification. Am I missing something? I even tried running the science experiment onboard and transmitting the data, but still no cigar. Are the waypoints super-fussy or something? I have no idea what to try next. Thanks for any help!

Edited by herbal space program

The alt+F12 is the legit easy solution. If you prefer the kerbal style hard way, this information I collected may help:

In the end, I extended the functionality of my KML save editor, to help with that.

6 hours ago, Mythos said:

The alt+F12 is the legit easy solution. If you prefer the kerbal style hard way, this information I collected may help:

In the end, I extended the functionality of my KML save editor, to help with that.

I admire your diligence, but looking at what you had to go through to do the workaround, I think I'm going to give myself a break and use the cheats menu!  I've already had another contract that appeared unfulfillable, which was to map eight asteroids with a SENTINEL scope from a designated orbit. I built the required craft, sent it up there so the target orbit disappeared from the map view, and then the contract box said all I had to do was wait and I'd be notified as the asteroids were spotted. Six years later, the blasted thing had practically collided with at least 8 asteroids and still not one of them was  logged.  It was out of comms range half the time for the first couple of years, but I fixed that, and still no progress. I ultimately just threw up my hands and ate that one, because I'm in a situation now where I have a whole Jool 5  mission parked in-system, but I have so many contracts active that I can't get any new ones I could use it for. The rover repair mission I posted about is one of those for me as well, and it's also holding up other Duna system missions I need to get done to clear my slate, so Alt-F12 it is!

...Actually, after following one of the links at the top of the post you replied with, I went ahead and edited my save file. Problem solved, thanks!

11 hours ago, AstroG said:

Hi @herbal space program,

It is a known bug :-

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/27222

There are steps outlined in the bug report to enable the contract to be completed or you can just use the cheats menu (alt+F12) to complete the contract.

Alas that link takes me to a login screen for which my forum credentials don't work, but thanks anyway!

Edited by herbal space program

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.