[1.12.3] Komplexity (KPLX) - 1.0.2.0-release - <Ictiv> edition {21 Jul 2022}

zer0Kerbal

Komplexity KSP version License
Curseforge GitHub SpaceDock CKAN
Pages

Komplexity (KPLX)

for Custom Barn Kit

by @zer0Kerbal and brought to you by KerbSimpleCo

A Custom Barn Kit config addon that increases Kerbal Space Center buildings to ten levels instead of the stock game's four.
For Kerbal Space Program.
Doesn't add more building models.

Komplexity Hero

Preamble

After playing KSP for a while I wanted a tad more granularity to the building upgrades at the Kerbal Space Center. Going from 30 max parts to 255 in one upgrade felt a little too much all at once.

The stock game's four levels (initial + three upgrades) just seemed too basic, and very unKerbalistic. So I sat down with Bill and added some Komplexity and moar levels!

Yes, now there are a total of ten levels (initial plus nine upgrades) for every building in the KSC. This addon depends on Module Manager and Custom Barn Kit by @Sarbian. Might not play nice with Bureaucracy.

See More

Promo Video

Watch the video

Cabin Notes

costs scale with game difficulty settings (as does stock) and the initial (level one) costs are in case you damage / destroy a building.

Help Wanted

• Compatibility patches
  • A final polish and proofreading pass on the Buildings wiki pages would be very helpful.
  • Setting up this addon to use Patch Manager
  • Marketing Images and Videos such as hero shots, animated gifs, short highlight
  • Have a request? Glad to have them, kindly submit through GitHub.

Installation Directions 1

Use CurseForge/OverWolf App (currently does not install dependencies)

CurseForge/OverWolf App

Whilst I agree CKAN is a great mod for those that can't use zip tools. I take no part, nor am I interested in maintaining the CKAN mod metadata for my mods. Please don't ask me about it but refer to the CKAN mod thread if you are having issues with CKAN or the metadata it maintains. Beware, CKAN can really mess up though it tries very, very, very hard not to.

or CKAN

Dependencies

Supports

Conflicts

Suggests

tags

• config, custombarnkit, flags, career

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

Credits and Special Thanks

• sarbian for creating and maintaining the Custom Barn Kit addon!
  • see Attribution.md for more comprehensive list

Legal Mumbo Jumbo (License provenance)

Spoiler

Original (1) - zer0Kerbal

Forum: Thread - Source: GitHub
License: License License

Disclaimer(s)

All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses
All art assets (textures, models, animations, sounds) are distributed under their own licenses

see Notices.md for more legal mumbo jumbo

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Support Github Sponsor Patreon Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

Connect with me

Track progress: issues here and projects here along with The Short List

zer0Kerbal | kerbalspaceprogram.comzer0Kerbal | CurseForgezer0Kerbal | redditzer0Kerbal | Patreonzer0Kerbal | YouTubezer0Kerbal | Twitchzer0Kerbal | PayPalzer0Kerbal | Buy Me a Coffeezer0Kerbal | Twitter

1. this isn't a mod. ;P↩︎

2. may work on other versions (YMMV)↩︎

3. Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date!↩︎

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

this is still pre-release; however the only real changes I see coming are splitting each building out of the one file into their own patch files with {TrackingStation.cfg.0} being set to off because even though it *seemingly* works, the levels don't display correctly in the VAB/SPH part information; and in mods like Antenna Helper.

I was just going to release this into the wild, but want to wait a week to see if any balance suggestions come in.

Pe-release

@zer0Kerbal zer0Kerbal released this 28 May 2021

Mod Version KSP version KSP-AVC License GPLv3 68747470733a2f2f692e706f7374696d672e6363
Code Validate AVC .version files

Version 0.9.2.0 - Breaking up is easy

Pre-Release 30 May 2021

• Split patches into seperate files
  • turn TrackingStation.cfg.O off by default
  • include directions on how to enable TrackingStation.cfg.0
  • slight edits to documentation
  • forum post created
  • Tracking Station patch
    • disabled by default
    • to enable:
    • copy GameData/KGEx/Komplexity/TrackingStation.cfg.0 to player patch folder
    • such as GameData/MyGreatPatches/
    • and enable by removing the .0 so the file name is now

Watch the video

See Full Changelog for full details of changes
See Known Issues for known issues

How to get support

27 minutes ago, Souptime said:

the mods need to ban me from viewing the addon subforums or else my laptop will become a frankenstein of mods

that happens to all of us. my main game is >220 mods and at one point nearly 40,000 patches (now down to 17450ish)

if I didn't have a SSD and SSDKeeper (software) my potato would be mashed!

and then you really  shouldn't see what other mods I have out there.... :o:D:cool:

Edited by zer0Kerbal

5 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

that happens to all of us. my main game is >220 mods and at one point nearly 40,000 patches (now down to 17450ish)

if I didn't have a SSD and SSDKeeper (software) my potato would be mashed!

and then you really  shouldn't see what other mods I have out there.... :o:D:cool:

180-Ish mods and who knows how many patches, the game lags straight to hell and there are glitches galore

There needs to be an addon rehab thread lol

just doing a balance pass and will move from Dev to Release.

might have one known conflict - Beauracracy - but might be able to build the patches around it.

also need to update the graphs/wiki - and include a note informing users that costs scale with game difficulty settings (as does stock) and the level one costs are there in case you damage / destroy a level one building. :awe:

• 2 weeks later...

@zer0Kerbal zer0Kerbal released this 17 Jun 2021

Mod Version
KSP version KSP-AVC License GPLv3 68747470733a2f2f692e706f7374696d672e6363
Code Validate AVC .version files

Version 0.9.3.0 - The Final Countdown

Caveat Emptor: Strategia, Bureaucracy

• not really suggested, but not incompatible.
  • if installed, do not Komplex the Administrator Building

Update

• level one building costs
  • lint the price charts

Add

• better graphics
  • better wiki

Watch the video

See Full Changelog for full details of changes
See Known Issues for known issues

How to get support

Kerbal Space Program 1.11.2

*Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date*
Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 2 months later...
On 5/28/2021 at 10:53 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

Download
Source: GitHub

Couple of problems here:

• Download is wrong link
  • CKAN meta data points to a non-existent download on Spacedock
  • Github link here points  to the wrong github

However, CKAN does point to the correct github, and does download the mod, I assume it's grabbing it from Github

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Couple of problems here:

• Download is wrong link
  • CKAN meta data points to a non-existent download on Spacedock
  • Github link here points  to the wrong github

However, CKAN does point to the correct github, and does download the mod, I assume it's grabbing it from Github

thank you. +1 :rep:

All will be adjusted (new readme /wiki et al) with release 1.0.0.0

• 1 month later...

I've been having fun with this, it's actually a little more interesting and tighter on the budget, while also feeling a bit more forgiving (the initial Launchpad leap from almost no parts -> 255 was silly).

Wanted to point out that the research lab is broke. While the limit says "20", the consequence of that means I can research *UP TO* 20. But not actually anything that costs '20'. I have to research the next tier to unlock the Rocketry tech... and it doesn't unlock anything on the next tier. I'm going to change everything to 20.1 / 45.1, etc. to fix it.

49 minutes ago, Frostiken said:

I've been having fun with this, it's actually a little more interesting and tighter on the budget, while also feeling a bit more forgiving (the initial Launchpad leap from almost no parts -> 255 was silly).

Wanted to point out that the research lab is broke. While the limit says "20", the consequence of that means I can research *UP TO* 20. But not actually anything that costs '20'. I have to research the next tier to unlock the Rocketry tech... and it doesn't unlock anything on the next tier. I'm going to change everything to 20.1 / 45.1, etc. to fix it.

thank  you @Frostiken! your feedback is very much appreciated! Glad you like it, your comments frame up most of the idea behind Komplexity!

will be addressed in next version. see issue here. Next release is planned for shortly in the near future (is on the short list).

Have you tried the wiki on it? Wiki is wiki-wiki and nearly completed.

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2021 at 11:43 AM, Frostiken said:

I have same issues.

• 2 weeks later...

This fantastic little change! It always bugged me that the upgrades in the base game had such huge jumps between tiers.

Caveat Emptor: Strategia, Bureaucracy

• if installed, do not Komplex the Administrator Building

Since I also plan to install Strategia, what would happen if I accidentally upgraded the Admin building (I guess that is what you mean by Komplex it?)

16 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

This fantastic little change!

Thank you!

16 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

install Strategia, what would happen if I accidentally upgraded the Admin building

I have no idea what would happen. I would suggest trying a backup or test save to try it and see. If nothing bad good. Else a module manager patch can be written to turn off Komplexity for that building if Strategia is installed.

On 11/1/2021 at 9:43 AM, Frostiken said:

Same issue here. Luckily editing ResearchandDevelopment.cfg does indeed immediately fix the problem. But I saw it's already being tracked on github.

So far I only launched a couple of probes in the early hard-mode career, but I must say, this mod makes for a much more interesting progression.

In all the years prior, I always wondered why there wasn't a mod introduced more unlock tiers. Instead of immediately unlocking essentially unlimited parts with the first upgrade, now I'm actually challenged to work my way up the tiers and I must admit, it feels great being limited by 25 parts after the first unlock. This constraint forces me to come up with more creative solutions to the contracts instead of just slapping on more boosters and more science instruments.

But the 200% funds penalty on hard kinda hurts, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

FINAL:  Pre-release

Komplexity Version KSP version
License GPLv3 AVC .version files

Version 0.9.9.9-prerelease - Strategic Floating

15 Jan 2022
Release for Kerbal Space Program [KSP 1.12.3]

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:
DELETE EXISTING INSTALLATION THEN RE-INSTALL

Download from CurseForge

Spoiler

Caveat Emptor: Bureaucracy

Changes

• Should now be compatible with Strategia

Update

• [Mission.cfg.0] renamed to [Mission.cfg] (now on by default)
  • [TrackingStation.cfg.0] renamed to [TrackingStation.cfg] (now on by default)
  • [Administration.cfg.0] renamed to [Administration.cfg] (now on by default)
  • spelling and grammar linting
  • fixed charge in Administration for level 1 cost (38000 from 37500)
  • Update [ResearchandDevelopment.cfg] to fix the floating point comparison error

wiki

• completed - still needs polish/fact pass

Status

• closes #16 - 20.1 / 45.1 bug

• closes #19 - Smarter Patches

• closes #25 - Strategia compatibility

• closes #24 - 0.9.9.9 - Social Media documentation

• closes #23 - Release 0.9.9.9-prerelease documentation

• closes #22 - 0.9.9.9 Update documentation documentation

• closes #21 - 0.9.9.9 Legal MumboJumbo documentation

• closes #20 - Version 0.9.9.9-prerelease documentation

• closes #12 - 0.9.3.0 beta - contributed by zer0Kerbal

• closes #18 - Update ResearchandDevelopment.cfg - contributed by zer0Kerbal

• closes #26 - Strategia compatibility - Pull request- contributed by zer0Kerbal

• closes #10 - include a note informing users

• closes #13 - Help Wanted - Test enhancement

• closes #14 - Localization

•  

See More

• Changelog Summary for more details of changes : See ChangeLog
  • Discussions and news on this mod: See Discussions or KSP Forums
  • Known Issues for more details of feature requests and known issues : See Known Issues

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Support Patreon Github Sponsor Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

*red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support*

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

What's Changed

Full Changelog0.9.2.0...0.9.9.9-prerelease

Edited by zer0Kerbal

4 hours ago, CaelReader said:

JNSQ

Thank you @CaelReader

I skimmed the JNSQ GitHub repo and then skimmed it's configuration files. Komplexity should be compatible with JNSQ with the following caveats.

• The latest version of Komplexity has the TrackingStation and Administration patches turned on by default now. This affects JNSQ only if Strategia is installed; and all that happens is Komplexity doesn't patch the Administration building and Strategia does. (smart patching with :NEEDS)
  • The other concern is whether or not JNSQ changes mass (other than for a couple of parts). I cannot find anything that says it does, so until evidence is presented saying it isn't.

Komplexity is compatible with JNSQ; and in fact I would go so far as to say that Komplexity is in the spirit of JNSQ and suggest that it be used with.

@Galileo chiu

I have tagged the creators of JNSQ and Strategia: @nightingale, @Galileo

Edited by zer0Kerbal