Jet pack mod

Donchielo

Hi, 

I'm currently working on a very simple mod allowing you to upgrade your EVA jet pack and not make it immediatly available on the tech tree.  Making the first jet pack usefull only in space, and make them more and more powerful. 

I'm currently kinda stuck. Because I'm trying to modify the EVA kerbal config with module manager. I don't find a way to modify the mass limit in the inventory. 

In the CFG file I wrote: 

@PART 
{
    @MODULE: ModuleInventoryPart
    {
        @massLimit = 0.200
    }
}    

Thanks in advance!

I tried something similar, to modify the kerbal inventory capacity (my point was just to give more slots and a slight more weight availability, just because I have a couple of props from Benjee10 suits to use together the jetpack and parachute)

I obtained some kind of success (so eventually I could share some of my changes) BUT I found a strange behaviour: each time I reverted a launch back to the VAB, the kerbal on board, even if they were getting the upgraded capacity, were hard-scripted back to their stock capacity directly in the save persistent file, no matter what I did in my ModuleManager patches, and sometime I got some weird behaviour of "duplicating items" in the game scenes (once a kerbal on a Mun mission got 13 copies of jetpacks, one for each time I reloaded/switched back to his craft)

I do not want to give you a bad news, but for fully "hack" the system in which the game handle the inventory of each kerbal, I think you will need the support of a custom made .dll file...
(I shelved my modification, by the way, noticed that bugs and problem my idea created to me)

My code was this:

//More EVA slot cargo

@PART[kerbalEVA]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]
	{
		%InventorySlots = 4
		%packedVolumeLimit = 60
		%massLimit = 0.1
	}
}

@PART[kerbalEVAfemale]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]
	{
		%InventorySlots = 4
		%packedVolumeLimit = 60
		%massLimit = 0.1
	}
}

The ":FINAL" was just because I tried to be sure that was implemented in any case, being just a "personal patch" (so it was in my own hand any problem) and it's not really a "good etiquette" in patches eventually to make public.

If you find eventually a way to make it stable, let me know.

Edited by Araym

Kerbals start with a default inventory of a jetpack and parachute. You will need to remove that default inventory on all the kerbal configs. I say all because there is a kerbal config for each of the default, Making History, and Breaking Ground suits. When the Slim suit becomes available you will need to patch it too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.