Make A Real Life Rocket! (This challenge is now closed)

New Challenge:

The challenge is simple: build a real life rocket such as the Delta IV, or the Atlas V.  Both DLC's are allowed, graphical mods, RSS, and Mechjeb are allowed, but mods that contain parts like RO, or Tundra Exploration are not. Please post images and/or a youtube video, and the craft file if you want!

Mine is New Shepard

jHGuYFT.png

The Badge: You can get it if your name is on the leaderboard!

FBryidp.png

And also subscribe to my Youtube Channel and join my Discord if you like this challenge! i'm aiming for 1k subscribers on Youtube by the end of this year!

Closing date: 30/6/2021, please submit before that

Leaderboard: 

1. eNeRGy_kerman Virgin Galactic

2. QF9E SS 520  Me-163 Komet  Ares 1  Blue Flame

3. jimmymcgoochie Black Arrow

4. Death Engineering Das Marsprojekt

5.Rhomphaia Proton K  UR 900

6.Geonovast Atlas V ALL VARIANTS

7.jinnantonix Atlas V 541 Vulcan Centaur  Apollo  Ariane 6

8.Jebediah Kerman - Earth Rocket Lab Electron

9. Young_Keddish Delta IV Heavy  Orion capsule

10.Le Lynx Vostok 1 Europa

11.Sivako Aerospace SLS

12. JB182 SLS (KLS)

13. Singhnaut Grasshopper (Krasshopper)

Edited by Max von Kerman

Might as well throw my Black Arrow replica in here:

9f07bP9.png

Requires Making History, it’s almost life-sized and with almost identical performance to the real thing, but sadly no orange fairing. I also made the proposed Black Prince by sticking the Black Arrow on top of a Blue Streak replica for considerably increased payload capacity and/or range.

17 minutes ago, Le Lynx said:

@jimmymcgoochieIf you like british rockets check my Europa!

Strange to think that Blue Streak was extensively tested as the first stage of Europa and worked flawlessly, Black Arrow’s first stage worked in 3 out of 4 launches (one failure due to a dodgy gimbal) and the second stage worked once out of two attempts- an oxidiser leak was all that prevented the first all-up Black Arrow launch from making it to orbit. Moreover, Black Arrow’s first stage was deliberately designed to match the Europa’s second stage’s diameter to act as a backup, so it was actually made to be stuck on top of a Blue Streak to make what would have been a fairly powerful and reliable launch rocket. But like so many great British ideas, penny-pinching killed it before it could reach its full potential.

And yet the French-led group whose upper stages of Europa were so unreliable that they drove the UK to quit that project, later went on to create Ariane which has been a very successful series of rockets. That could so easily have been the Black Prince instead...

It's not just the French who are at fault, they are also the german stage and the italian fairing involved. But, this isn't the place to discut of this. If you want, i will to create a new post on the esa errors of managements.

Almost finished with my "krasshopper!"

10 hours ago, JB182 said:

my Kerbal Launch System, similar to SLS Block 1B crew:

screenshot92.png

JB182 I trust you to tell me how to upload pictures. PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN USE GOOGLE OR MAC TO UPLOAD.

1 hour ago, Singhnaut said:

Thanks for putting me on the leaderboard! Any idea on how to add a badge?

Copy/ paste the image into your signature or you can paste the image URL to you signature (I use postimage for posting image URLs).

12 hours ago, Singhnaut said:

JB182 I trust you to tell me how to upload pictures. PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN USE GOOGLE OR MAC TO UPLOAD.

Paste the image URL into the forums. I use the website post image because I don’t have to make an account or anything but a lot of people use imgur also.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.