[1.11.2] Cape Kanaveral - A Cape Canaveral Mod For x2.5 scale KSRSS(Ver 1.1.0 "Where The Story Starts: First Oribt")

Hey I've tried running this however my KSC is a decent distance away from the new launchpads, and it's also got a square patch of land above it (similar to what was posted before)

EDIT: Terrain Detail "Default" has fixed.

Edited by Vovical

On 6/25/2021 at 2:59 AM, RhodeWithBrim said:

Whenever I install this mod, I end up in the middle of Florida and no Cape ever actually appears, I have all the dependencies. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

What version your KSP, KSRSS and Cape Kanaveral you use? 
KSP1.8.1 -> KSRSS 0.6.1 -> CapeKanaveral-KSRSS 0.6.1 (On GitHub)

KSP 1.8+ -> KSRSS 0.7 -> CapeKanaveral-KSRSS 0.7 (On both GitHub and SpaceDock)

• 4 weeks later...

Nice stuff, but:

(NB: KSP 1.12.1, KSRSS 0.7beta, 16K textures, terrain detail Default)

1) Using Gemini launch pad effectively prevents you from using Gemini MLP stuff.

2) The Cape tends to disappear too early:

UjZP74k.png

DXIDB5D.png

3) Grass texture is kinda off, IMO.

4) It looks somewhat too big, IMO. Better move it slightly further inland and maybe slightly to the north, for a better match it to look from the orbit.

Edited by biohazard15

For those of you who also think KSC is too far away from the launch pads, you can use this us_cape_canaveral snippet for config for LaunchSites.cfg.
This should also adjust the height so it isn't floating as well.

Site
        {
            name = us_cape_canaveral
            displayName = US - Cape Canaveral
            description = The John F. Kennedy Space Center (KSC) is the NASA facility supporting Launch Complex 39 (LC-39), originally built for the Saturn V, the largest and most powerful operational launch vehicle in history, for the Apollo manned Moon landing program proposed by President John F. Kennedy. It was named in honor of Kennedy by his successor, President Lyndon B. Johnson, shortly after Kennedy's death in 1963. Since the end of the Apollo program in 1972, LC-39 has been used to launch every NASA human space flight, including Skylab (1973), the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project (1974), and the Space Shuttle program (1981-2011). KSC also has a facility which was used for landing the reusable Space Shuttle orbiters when weather permitted. KSC continues to manage and operate unmanned rocket launch facilities for the U.S. government's civilian space program from three pads at the adjoining Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. Its Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) is the fourth-largest structure in the world by volume, and was the largest when completed in 1965.
            PQSCity
            {
                KEYname = KSC
                lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
//                latitude = 28.7
//                longitude = -81.404333
                latitude = 28.502389
                longitude = -80.604333
//                repositionRadiusOffset = 40
                repositionRadiusOffset = 0
//                reorientFinalAngle = -9.395667
                reorientFinalAngle = -37.231513
                changeGrassColor = true
                grassColor = 0.8,1,0.5,0
            }
            PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
            {
//                radius = 10000
                radius = 1000
                heightMapDeformity = 2
//                absoluteOffset = 60
                absoluteOffset = 0
                absolute = true
//                latitude = 28.7
//                longitude = -81.404333
                latitude = 28.502389
                longitude = -80.604333
            }
        }

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DaBaby Kerman said:

My whole Cape Is floating... anyone know a solution?

You mean beyond the one I posted just above your post there a couple weeks ago?

This should also adjust the height so it isn't floating as well.

Edited by slaintemaith

• 3 weeks later...

So I accidently crashed a shuttle into the ground, and it destroyed the ground that was around the launch sites, and now Cape Canaveral looks like this:
https://imgur.com/a/oxsrbtm

I've tried deleting and then reinstalling Kerbal Konstructs and Cape Kanaveral, but that doesn't seem to be working, do you guys know how I can fix this?

Thanks for this mod. I have some observations and comments (with KSRSS 0.7, KSP 1.11.2).

1. Rockets launched from a lot of the sites end up with their navball rotated from the default (where 90 degrees points right). I suppose it was done that way so Modular Launch Pads spawn and automatically rotate to line up with this mod's ground textures, but it makes gravity turns from many pads more difficult because we can't just press the D key on ascent.
  2. LC 20(Titan) is one of my favorite pads because it follows the default navball rotation and allows normal "D" gravity turns.
  3. During ascent, the ground texture around Cape Kanaveral doesn't match the rest of the world; it's just a flat green color. Biohazard15 already commented on this with screenshots. A more detailed ground texture would be a great improvement to this mod.
  4. I am considering adding a lot of KK pads and runways around the world, so I can use the KK menu for all my launches and never need KSRSS' KSC-Switcher interface. I'm a KK noob, though, and wonder if I'll slow things down with too many sites. Is Cape Kanaveral already pushing KK limits?

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2021 at 7:03 PM, DeadJohn said:

Thanks for this mod. I have some observations and comments (with KSRSS 0.7, KSP 1.11.2).

1. Rockets launched from a lot of the sites end up with their navball rotated from the default (where 90 degrees points right). I suppose it was done that way so Modular Launch Pads spawn and automatically rotate to line up with this mod's ground textures, but it makes gravity turns from many pads more difficult because we can't just press the D key on ascent.
  2. LC 20(Titan) is one of my favorite pads because it follows the default navball rotation and allows normal "D" gravity turns.
  3. During ascent, the ground texture around Cape Kanaveral doesn't match the rest of the world; it's just a flat green color. Biohazard15 already commented on this with screenshots. A more detailed ground texture would be a great improvement to this mod.
  4. I am considering adding a lot of KK pads and runways around the world, so I can use the KK menu for all my launches and never need KSRSS' KSC-Switcher interface. I'm a KK noob, though, and wonder if I'll slow things down with too many sites. Is Cape Kanaveral already pushing KK limits?

Because KK basically just places statics and the only thing that happens to them is the explosion effects (when you crash into them). And even for animated Statics they are still still objects just like the VAB or the tracking station. The only real time where you would hit the limit is when you have millions of these. Also, KK loads parts individually and unloads them after a certain range, which maintains performance. Because of this, there isn't really a limit at all.

On 8/22/2021 at 7:44 PM, Austin_Kerman said:

So I accidently crashed a shuttle into the ground, and it destroyed the ground that was around the launch sites, and now Cape Canaveral looks like this:
https://imgur.com/a/oxsrbtm

I've tried deleting and then reinstalling Kerbal Konstructs and Cape Kanaveral, but that doesn't seem to be working, do you guys know how I can fix this?

Press the KK menu on the Space Center scene of your save (as in, the scene where you can access the VAB and astronaut complex, etc) and there should be a button to repair statics.

17 hours ago, Sputnik Planitia said:

Because KK basically just places statics and the only thing that happens to them is the explosion effects (when you crash into them). And even for animated Statics they are still still objects just like the VAB or the tracking station. The only real time where you would hit the limit is when you have millions of these. Also, KK loads parts individually and unloads them after a certain range, which maintains performance. Because of this, there isn't really a limit at all.

Press the KK menu on the Space Center scene of your save (as in, the scene where you can access the VAB and astronaut complex, etc) and there should be a button to repair statics.

Alright, thanks for the help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 7:53 AM, The_only_spaceace said:

So i have all the dependencies, and have reinstalled the mod many times, however all the launchsites at the cape seem to be weird, anyone know how to fix this? (im playing on 1.12.2 if that helps)

vV9z42c.png

I had the same problem, that happens when SigmaDimensions isnt installed
For me, the github link for Sigma did not work at all. Try installing it from Curseforge, it worked for me

Edited by CardZLol
Update

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.