[1.11.2] Cape Kanaveral - A Cape Canaveral Mod For x2.5 scale KSRSS(Ver 1.1.0 "Where The Story Starts: First Oribt")

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 5:28 PM, slaintemaith said:

For those of you who also think KSC is too far away from the launch pads, you can use this us_cape_canaveral snippet for config for LaunchSites.cfg.
This should also adjust the height so it isn't floating as well.

Thanks for posting this, but I have a question before I implement it:  does this apply to the LaunchSites.cfg file for KSCSwitcher or KSRSS? Both mods have a file of this name.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2022 at 1:32 PM, DaveyJ576 said:

Thanks for posting this, but I have a question before I implement it:  does this apply to the LaunchSites.cfg file for KSCSwitcher or KSRSS? Both mods have a file of this name.

Not sure how I missed this question.  It's been a long time since I've fixed it myself, but I believe you only want *one* LaunchSites.cfg, and I believe the one you want to use (the one the game looks at) is in KSRSS/Patches.
I'm guessing you've already figured this out by now, but I'll still respond for posterity.  

Sorry for the delay!

• 2 weeks later...

@rogerwang86 I must say that I really like this mod. It adds a whole extra level of immersion to KSP and I really appreciate it! I do have a couple of questions for you:

1. Launch pads 5 and 6 are configured in such a way that I have to reopen them each time in the VAB before I send a rocket out to them for launch. They won't stay open once I open them. I have studied the KK windows for each pad and it seems as if the only thing that is different between those two and the rest of the pads is the Set Group is different (KXMS vs CKAFS) and the radio button for "Static will show up on anomaly scanners" is not lit. Is there something that was done to these two pads when they were placed in your mod that forces you to reopen them each time? Can that be changed?

2. I am reasonably familiar with KK and Tundra and I would like to like to add some additional pads. What did you use for roads between the pads? I can't seem to find them in the KK menus.

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, donnager fan said:

I cant get to orbit with the BDB Saturn 1 Can i have a config for 2.5x Scale?

Are you sure you're using the right engines and right fuels?  BDB, if I recall correctly, is designed for a 2.5x stock scale.
Service Module fuel is important. You don't want it full.  Remember: you're not going to the moon, so you don't need all that reaction mass.
Here's a post link that might help.

Edited by slaintemaith

13 hours ago, donnager fan said:

I cant get to orbit with the BDB Saturn 1 Can i have a config for 2.5x Scale?

If you are using the SLA (spacecraft adapter) that has jettison panels there is a drag issue that prevents saturn IB from getting to orbit. If you use the version with built in hinged panels Saturn IB can get into orbit although its challenging (the real rocket had thin margins too). BDB in general works with 2.5x without additional configs. Its balanced specifically for that.

The Saturn 1 and 1b are already scaled to 2.5x, they just need a lofted trajectory to make it to orbit. Basically, they don't put enough vertical speed into the upper stage by the time the first stage burns out, so when you go to your next stage, it should be pointed at like a 45 to 60 degree angle towards space for most of its burn time. 

On 5/10/2022 at 10:55 AM, donnager fan said:

Yes and no....

So I got the Delta V to get to orbit, And..... My TWR was not enough to get into orbit without reentering...

I'd highly recommend you have a look through this page, it's very helpful.

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki/Launching-and-Trajectories#saturn-ib

And if you still can't get to orbit I'd like to see your craft file.

On 5/10/2022 at 10:58 AM, G'th said:

The Saturn 1 and 1b are already scaled to 2.5x, they just need a lofted trajectory to make it to orbit. Basically, they don't put enough vertical speed into the upper stage by the time the first stage burns out, so when you go to your next stage, it should be pointed at like a 45 to 60 degree angle towards space for most of its burn time. 

Im usually at 60 Degrees before staging The S1 

3 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

I'd highly recommend you have a look through this page, it's very helpful.

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki/Launching-and-Trajectories#saturn-ib

And if you still can't get to orbit I'd like to see your craft file.

I'm actually a huge user of Friznits wiki (That's how I built Apollo CSM Without losing my mind)! Thanks for the help, I haven't checked the Trajectory section for the Saturn rockets, Will Do!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My kitbash of LC-37. I like it, but I wish we had a proper truss style gantry to use.

wdo5MtL.jpg

xFVgzEj.jpg

I also added some buildings in the background to add the Air Force station and industrial area. There are additional pads to the south to recreate LC-3, 18, 26, and 11.

Edited by DaveyJ576
addition

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.