KSP Loading... Preview: Fireworks

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean... FIREWORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i see a siren in that video...

oh, that siren is just 2 spotlight and a rotor :P

will that kill or destroy a rocket? i wanna use them to sabotage a flight.

Edited by JB182

3 hours ago, JB182 said:

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean... FIREWORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i see a siren in that video...

oh, that siren is just 2 spotlight and a rotor :P

will that kill or destroy a rocket? i wanna use them to sabotage a flight.

What siren? Looks like you're confusing a siren with flashing strobe lights. A siren is a device that produces sound naturally by spinning rotors and air. Flashing strobe lights are devices that. Flash.

13 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Lol they probably made this from concern of people making manned rockets designed to be fireworks 

in seriousness, this looks good

Coincidentally, I had been planning a fireworks challenge using stock parts.  This has it beat, however.

4 hours ago, ShuttlePilot said:

What siren? Looks like you're confusing a siren with flashing strobe lights. A siren is a device that produces sound naturally by spinning rotors and air. Flashing strobe lights are devices that. Flash.

oh, i think its called siren.

15 minutes ago, JB182 said:

can this be ignited outside kerbin?

i want to celebrate my mun landing, if mission: complete. but its fine if i celebrate from kerbin.

If they can be, I wonder if gravity will apply?  Will fireworks on EVE go up a metre and then just plummet? Will fireworks on Gilly reach escape velocity?

2 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

If they can be, I wonder if gravity will apply?  Will fireworks on EVE go up a metre and then just plummet? Will fireworks on Gilly reach escape velocity?

The only thing I can tell you is that Gilly has negative gravity. It has less gravity than space. I load my save where I landed on Gilly and then my ship just begins to ascend till eventually it escapes Eve's SOI. If you will jump on Gilly, better look out, because if you forgot your jetpack you will be having a very bad time. So I think that fireworks on Gilly can better be used as ascent engine-. Wait what? This is the best idea I've ever came up on KSP, can't wait till the update comes. Also It wouldn't work if the fireworks wouldn't have rigidbodies, but if they DO have solid surface, then let the grand tour begin!

On one hand, I'd glad to see these effects in game which looks like it's actually flexing SHURIKEN for massive amounts of particles without turning into a slideshow

On the other hand, I'd also like like to see this tech make it into the engine/rcs particle effect system which bogs down quite significantly with far fewer elements

20 minutes ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Fireworks, absolutely useless to the game but

I think the usefulness of a new part or a new gameplay mechanic is mainly determined by our limits of imagination, especially in open ended games like Kerbal.

You can for example make weaponish creations, especially if you don't want to download BdArmory, you can use them as missiles/bombs or flares.

i see many customizable options so its probably gonna be used in more ways and if you like roleplaying a bit you can probably expand their uses even further.

Lastly i am pretty sure mod creators will be more than happy to actually have stock parts like these ones so they can create even more amazing stuff.

Edited by Serenity

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

Fireworks for celebrating ??? 

Yeah, I like it. But hyped for 1.12 I am still not. At least not yet. Maybe there is a real "killer feature" still to be unvealed?!

《Crosses fingers》Clouds ???  ....   Well one can dream a little.

2 hours ago, Rakete said:

Fireworks for celebrating ??? 

Yeah, I like it. But hyped for 1.12 I am still not. At least not yet. Maybe there is a real "killer feature" still to be unvealed?!

I'm hyped for every update. I bought this game in 2019 and purchased the two DLCs. That is it.  And I am late to the game compared to many on this forum.  I've spent more on a day's lift ticket to go skiing.  The fact this game is still evolving is pretty astounding.

2 hours ago, pandaman said:

《Crosses fingers》Clouds ???  ....   Well one can dream a little.

Never thought, that I would say this: just install Eve Redux and Spectra. Best solution for me. I don't think the devs will ever include stock clouds.

I saw this on YT first, went in "blind" - and the reveal was sooo much better. 

I clicked, figuring it would be a short video, with fireworks, commemorating 10 years. 

No. "we're giving ALL players this ability!"      Just awesome :)  

8 hours ago, Rakete said:

Never thought, that I would say this: just install Eve Redux and Spectra. Best solution for me. I don't think the devs will ever include stock clouds.

I do use SVE, but I would much rather have a stock option.  

My 'perfect' setup would be mod free, except for if I wanted to do something "obviously different".  Eg  RSS, Bd Armoury, part packs etc, which I currently do  none of, but that is what I see mods as being mainly for.

3 hours ago, pandaman said:

My 'perfect' setup would be mod free, except for if I wanted to do something "obviously different".

Signed.

Than I would say, make stock clouds, make waterfall stock, give us a stock transfer window planner etc.

But as far as Fireworks go: I like them. Looking forward to playing around with em. But still not hyped... 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.