MEM Shroud broken in latest update.

49 minutes ago, schwank said:

What used to happen though is if you put a decoupler on it the shroud would remove or disappear and now it's not in the latest version

I just tried it, and it appears the shroud behaves like the remnants of decouplers.  I was able to make the shroud go away- eventually.

• After decoupling, the shroud appears to still be present.  I say 'appears' because I don't think it is actually still there, it is just being rendered.
  • After going to the Tracking Station and returning to the MEM, the shroud is now not being displayed.  It's gone.

Try going to the Tracking Station and then returning to your ship with the MEM, the shroud should now be gone.  I do not consider that behavior correct, but that is how it appears to be working.

I don't use the MEM, so I am not a good source here.  If it was behaving differently (correctly) in a previous version, I wonder what changed?

Edit- I just did a little more testing.  While the shroud is still displayed, it's collider is still present also.

Edited by 18Watt

Yes, this is weird behavior.  I did find another workaround, in addition to switching to Tracking Station and back.  Here's another workaround that works:

• Do not add a decoupler to the MEM.  Instead, start with the decoupler, and add the MEM to that.
  • After building in that order, when you decouple the shroud disappears immediately, as it should.

I did go back to 1.6, you are correct- it was working properly in an earlier version of the game.  I can't figure out what has changed however.

42 minutes ago, 18Watt said:

Yes, this is weird behavior.  I did find another workaround, in addition to switching to Tracking Station and back.  Here's another workaround that works:

• Do not add a decoupler to the MEM.  Instead, start with the decoupler, and add the MEM to that.
  • After building in that order, when you decouple the shroud disappears immediately, as it should.

I did go back to 1.6, you are correct- it was working properly in an earlier version of the game.  I can't figure out what has changed however.

Hey thanks for that testing, I wasn't liking the idea some of my cool Apollo recreations are a bit wonky from kerbalx . I was trying to just remove it for now. I'll give that a shot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.