[1.12] Strange New Worlds | A New High-Quality Star System To Explore!

Zaffre

9 hours ago, Souptime said:

how do i get into the big caves? im assuming theyre on avernus but do i need a mod for them or what

you can just phase through the roofs of the caves, they have no collision. yes they are on avernus, no you don't need an external mod for them since they're scatters

14 hours ago, Clonos said:

you can just phase through the roofs of the caves, they have no collision. yes they are on avernus, no you don't need an external mod for them since they're scatters

are there specific locations for them, or are they everywhere on the moon?

forgot to share these, i sent a kerbal to aeneas and back (into orbit to pick up later)

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=1049&height=590

unknown.png

unknown.png

no flags, samples and footprints since we splashed down :(

Edited by Clonos
text

On 6/14/2021 at 12:49 PM, Austin_Kerman said:

This looks pretty good.

Well I'd hope so! As well as looks, I primarily hope it plays good and is enjoyable. Looks aren't always everything.

9 hours ago, Clonos said:

forgot to share these, i sent a kerbal to aeneas and back (into orbit to pick up later)

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

unknown.png

no flags, samples and footprints since we splashed down :(

Nice. [For those who don't know, that is an old picture of Aeneas. New scatterer config for Aeneas has it actually appear with an atmosphere in scaledSpace]

1 hour ago, Cyrus Playz said:

RIIIIP also the delta v needed to get there must be insane!!!

Clonos arrived via wormhole, which spits you right out in orbit around Aeneas. If you were to forgo the wormholes then yes. An interstellar trip is not a cake walk!

17 hours ago, Cyrus Playz said:

RIIIIP also the delta v needed to get there must be insane!!!

the rocket was pretty big, but it's really more forgiving than it seems. if you can go to eve, you can go to aeneas. but moving to the other planets and especially landing on their moons is a different story... 

Hi, Thanks for making this mod, I am looking forward to fully exploring it :).

I do however seem to be getting quite a lot of console spam (Red Exceptions) when running with it. The expectations happen at most points in the game but are most noticeable when flying a craft. I am running a mostly stock game with only this mod and its dependency, I am using Kopernicus-1.11.1-40 and scatterer-0.0770, and the latest version of SNW from Github.

Here are both my KSP.log and my Player.log as well as a screenshot of my GameData folder. 

: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d8mi0frgudzbz9s/AABfh2INVjmTpxVBfW9uPntsa?dl=0

the errors don’t seem to cause too many problems except slight lag spikes when running with a bigger mod pack, but this could be down to other mods causing their problems.

16 hours ago, Souptime said:

oh

i've warped on the ground before and i havent clipped through, maybe i need to turn up texture stuff

Since they're terrain scatters, you'll need to make sure scatter density is at 100%

6 hours ago, that_dragon said:

I do however seem to be getting quite a lot of console spam (Red Exceptions) when running with it. The expectations happen at most points in the game but are most noticeable when flying a craft. I am running a mostly stock game with only this mod and its dependency, I am using Kopernicus-1.11.1-40 and scatterer-0.0770, and the latest version of SNW from Github.

Here are both my KSP.log and my Player.log as well as a screenshot of my GameData folder. 

the errors don’t seem to cause too many problems except slight lag spikes when running with a bigger mod pack, but this could be down to other mods causing their problems.

Nullref spam like that typically comes from Kopernicus itself having issues with some feature of the planet pack; usually not much that can be done about it since it'soften  Kop-side. The only negative effect of that really is just a little more lag than normal though

16 hours ago, Souptime said:

oh

i've warped on the ground before and i havent clipped through, maybe i need to turn up texture stuff

See to it that your scatters are on and at 100%. You don't actually phase through the PQS ground itself.

15 hours ago, Cyrus Playz said:

Also You haven't answered my question, how do you make the EVE cloud textrues

There's no secret sauce. Just LOTS of editing and time. Otherwise, you make them like other EVE textures/configs.

6 hours ago, that_dragon said:

I'll take a look at it when I can. There's nothing on me at the time where I can think of where this originates. At the moment I am overwhelmed with stuff and I cannot look at it right now. My mental health takes priority. But thank you.

Version 0.1.2 is up on GitHub. Spacedock is being problematic so it may be a while before this version is up on that platform. I promise it isn't me forgetting to check the publish button this time. :confused:

Changelog

Spoiler

-Aeneas should lag no more! Adjusted PQS settings, template, fog, and LandControl.
-Fixed bracket issue on Selena
-Oceanus fades fixed
-Adjusted some scatter placement on Arkhalo
-Fixed Wormholes; they should actually work now
-AFG color and ambient atmosphere colors of gas and ice giants fixed and adjusted
-Fixed minor PQS goof on Denali