[1.12] Strange New Worlds | A New High-Quality Star System To Explore!

Zaffre

7 hours ago, Jovzin said:

Is this save game compatible or not at all and new game is required ?

And looks like this is not compatible with AVP ? 

A new file is strongly recommended unless you're willing to put up with losses and other issues which I will not help you on. AVP is meant for stock. This comes with its own visuals.

Hello , thank you for reply.

And I will need to test it on new save. I tried to load my current save with Strange New Worlds and it will completely disable the AVP scaterer configs for  stock.

So I will try today a new game and will see if it will fix it or not at all.

I hope it will be working as AVP is mainly for Stock system and your mod is adding a new system that has nothing to do with stock and it is about 4 light years away.

Or in the end maybe  I will have to choose if AVP with stock without some planet mod , or a planet mod with stock but without AVP visuals.

Edited by Jovzin

OK I tested on a new clean install of latest KSP game. Installed only a few mods such as scaterer, EVE redux,  Kopernicus, AVP mod and Strange New Worlds mod, DOA.

Tried new game save and well on stock Kerbol the scaterer is somehow turned off or can not load the AVP stock Scaterer configs.

But when I checked your planets and start all was working scaterer was working for them.  So looks like maybe your scaterer configs take priority over AVPs  stock scaterer configs.  So I think I can say it is not compatible.

So now I will need to choose if AVP and stock without your mod or stock without AVP but with your mod.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 10:31 AM, Jovzin said:

Is this save game compatible or not at all and new game is required ?

And looks like this is not compatible with AVP ? 

like all planetmods that add instead of replace, this should be compatible with pretty much everything including AVP

Edited by Clonos

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 5:54 AM, kerbalcommander563 said:

is this compatible with opm?

I wondered when the inevitable question would arrive.

Yes, it is! OPM just adds stuff to the stock system. It has nothing to do with other star systems so you've got the all-clear signal.

Hi, thanks a lot for this, it's fantastic! I'd love to explore the new system you created, but I'm having some difficulty with Scatterer. It works fine but the moment I add your strange new worlds mod, scatterer stops working. It is loaded in the game (the settings and config etc are there) but the atmospheric scattering effect is gone - from Kerbin and as far as I can tell from everywhere else too.

Any idea what might be the cause? In the mod description it says it is compatible with Scatterer, so I'm a bit confused.

• 3 weeks later...

@Zaffrehere are some issues I found after the update:

1. Kerbol's brightness decreses too much, at least from beyond dres' orbit

(image below shows Laythe)

8zeO5KC.jpg

2. Stock system's scatterer ceases to work with this mod installed

(also at Laythe)

YBJWOxp.jpg

3.  Polaris' sunflares showing through terrains

howikzc.jpg

4. added planets/moons doesn't get the EVE clouds, unless I manyally drag the included EVE/Scatterer contents into those mods' folder (this happened even before the 0.2.0 update)

XXGTVlc.jpg9qAwJl2.jpg

(edit) 6. Planets glowing red, periodically

screenshot251.png

here's the log file and my gamedata folder (I'm using the 1.11 KSP and the latest Eve/scatterer/Kopernicus)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F9Pfvfc1WeIu_Q6S_6EFetW8WudBEGDV/view?usp=sharing

Tz9YEpb.png

Edited by Kerosene42

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 8:53 PM, afyber said:

@Zaffre I found what seems to be a bug and reported it on Github, posting here in the interest of making sure you see it :)

On 8/1/2022 at 1:30 PM, Maenam said:

Hi, thanks a lot for this, it's fantastic! I'd love to explore the new system you created, but I'm having some difficulty with Scatterer. It works fine but the moment I add your strange new worlds mod, scatterer stops working. It is loaded in the game (the settings and config etc are there) but the atmospheric scattering effect is gone - from Kerbin and as far as I can tell from everywhere else too.

Any idea what might be the cause? In the mod description it says it is compatible with Scatterer, so I'm a bit confused.

Thank you. I've gone ahead and pushed the change to Github. A release with it will come some time later.

On 8/20/2022 at 12:08 AM, Kerosene42 said:

@Zaffrehere are some issues I found after the update:

*snip*

I've gone ahead and resolved the first two issues in the GitHub repository. For the sun flare, I have not been able to find an adequate solution that doesn't either nuke your eyes at the starting system or outright destroy them while you're in the Polaris system. For your folder issue, I'm not sure what specifically you're talking about there. For the final issue, and this is likely tied with the previous one, is that you're using 1.11. I have not made this pack to be used on 1.11, just 1.12. I recall seeing a similar issue when trying to use one of the new versions of scatterer on an older version.

• 3 weeks later...

Sigma Dimensions and Rescale for rescaling? Also, any direction on how i could rescale this with GPP at 2.5scale. I have GPP's included 2.5 rescale folder installed for my KSP install with GPP + StrangeNewWorlds. In the GPP directions it says not to use sigma dimensions bc GPP's included rescale folder works on its own. Does that mean i cant use sigma dimensions to rescale Strange New Worlds either?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for fixing the scatterer issue! I have one more question - when I add your mod, Polaris visible size doesn't really scale with distance from it like it does for Kerbol. Eg even from Jool Kerbol is already getting visibly smaller, while Polaris is always the same (and very bright!). Is this intended (and the star is just so much bigger and brighter than kerbol that even from this distance it's huge) or am I missing something?

Just to illustrate what I mean above, I am over 1bn km above Kerbol on the way to Polaris.

Looking down, Kerbol looks like this: https://imgur.com/i9rNsoN

And looking up, Polaris looks like this: https://imgur.com/nEuyket

Kerbol has almost faded away, it's just a bright star at this point, whereas Polaris always looks the same, it's pretty much as bright as Kerbol from Kerbin.

Edited by Maenam

hey all,

Having a torrid time trying to land on Arkhalo, get's to around 7000m then the whole thing goes super laggy, Like 1FPS and loses it's textures. It looks fine before it gets to anywhere between 10000m and 7000m. 

Currently running 1.12.3 with Paralax 2.0, Latest scatterer and EVE mods but not sure if there is anything fancy I should be doing? I haven't removed any mods yet but hoping it's just a config first.

https://imgur.com/a/qV9URrq

On 10/15/2022 at 1:05 PM, Maenam said:

Hi, thanks for fixing the scatterer issue! I have one more question - when I add your mod, Polaris visible size doesn't really scale with distance from it like it does for Kerbol. Eg even from Jool Kerbol is already getting visibly smaller, while Polaris is always the same (and very bright!). Is this intended (and the star is just so much bigger and brighter than kerbol that even from this distance it's huge) or am I missing something?

It's the light curves that were put on the sun. If they weren't changed the sun would have its full size visible even beyond Polaris.

On 10/21/2022 at 9:16 AM, kevaylett said:

hey all,

Having a torrid time trying to land on Arkhalo, get's to around 7000m then the whole thing goes super laggy, Like 1FPS and loses it's textures. It looks fine before it gets to anywhere between 10000m and 7000m. 

Currently running 1.12.3 with Paralax 2.0, Latest scatterer and EVE mods but not sure if there is anything fancy I should be doing? I haven't removed any mods yet but hoping it's just a config first.

https://imgur.com/a/qV9URrq

It's been a while since I've been anything resembling 'active' so I'm not aware if Kopernicus or scatterer underwent some heavier changes since I've stopped development. Try removing Parallax, that may be the culprit. I may have left some now-outdated zombie configs for Parallax that never got fully completed and I forgot to nix them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, king_ren said:

Hey! will this get modernized for 1.12.5? I really want to use this mod but i dont want to remove a bunch of the other mods i like. I am also struggling to download it if you could give me a guide. Thank you.

the mod should work in the current version, and is installed just like any other mod

• 3 months later...

I added the system to 1.12.5 just fine though ckan. It looks nice in the tracking station. I am using USI's warp drive, it's going to take me 25 days of around the clock play to get there :o. Sure would like to see it up close, looks like I will have to cheat ;).

20 hours ago, Nuggzy said:

I added the system to 1.12.5 just fine though ckan. It looks nice in the tracking station. I am using USI's warp drive, it's going to take me 25 days of around the clock play to get there :o. Sure would like to see it up close, looks like I will have to cheat ;).

I believe there's wormhole support in this mod if you have kopernicus expansion, that could help a lot. You could also try a different warp drive mod like blueshift if the USI one is too slow, they might be faster. Or even simply go the old fashioned way and use better timewarp to pass the time quicker (I'm guessing both from your comment and from how they're likely programmed that you can't timewarp with warp drives, but I've not actually used any of those mods)

• 7 months later...