Jump to content

[1.12] Strange New Worlds | A New High-Quality Star System To Explore!


Zaffre
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 10/31/2021 at 12:22 PM, Mystic_Aris said:

Have you figured out how it works? It's supposed to bring you back to the original solar system but it hasn't been working for me yet. :/ 

Get your periapsis below 8km and once you reach periapsis, the game might hang for a second then punch the throttle to escape. That worked for me, but you will have to time it perfectly because you can't open the map to see where you are along your orbit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 11:48 AM, Gravitite0414 said:

Just started a new save that has this mod. Got to the point where i could go to the new system but i cant seem to find the wormhole around Dres. Need some help.

Make sure you have the appropriate Kopernicus Expansion module installed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Heya!
I wanted to ask something regarding resources and strange new worlds:
Is there any inclusion with MKS/USI and/or KSPIE resource whise ?

Also, I love what you have done with them planets and really excited to take my first ever interstellar journey there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2022 at 5:59 PM, Yuubari_ said:

Heya!
I wanted to ask something regarding resources and strange new worlds:
Is there any inclusion with MKS/USI and/or KSPIE resource whise ?

Also, I love what you have done with them planets and really excited to take my first ever interstellar journey there!

Not yet, but I can see about adding that to my to-do list! I was under the impression those took care of resources on their own.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy! :)

On 1/30/2022 at 11:40 AM, Wolves_Hero said:

Stock KSP & GU & Vulture Star still worked newer scatterer but don't worked on older Strange New Worlds

Scatterer recently updated to use a slightly different format; I will be fixing this in the next update.

 

So sorry for leaving everyone out in the cold. I've been struggling with some health and personal complications and that has not allowed me to get much done. BUT I've been making some good progress recently so I don't think it should be too long. And Beardy miiight pay this system a visit? We shall see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/8/2022 at 8:48 PM, Zaffre said:

Not yet, but I can see about adding that to my to-do list! I was under the impression those took care of resources on their own.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy! :)

A bit after asking that, I learned that apparently the community resource pack will automatically distribution them on modded planets iirc.

 

I shall be excitingly looking forward to the update and hold off on my journey until the newest update ^^

I hope stuffs will improve on you end!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, first of all, i just wanted to congratulate you on your amazing pack, honestly i really think this is one of the best star system mods up-to-date, high, HIGH up there on the list (on my list at least) together with Extrasolar, GU, OWR, Precursor's planet pack and the now-unfortunately-dead KSS (now "rebooted" into GU), i mean, it has some amazing textures, some amazing and creative planet descriptions and it is also challenging, but rewarding to get there because of the cool scatters on the surfaces, however i do have 1 request and 1 small criticism, i would like to ask you if you ever plan on doing some custom science configs for the science experiments, since that would also make it even better when i get there and see some cool texts instead of just seeing the (amazing) surfaces and the default "you collected a sample" or whatever, i know that doing custom science configs can be time-consuming, especially when life gets in the way, however i don't expect to see it anytime soon mind you, i am just asking if that is ever planned to happen, it would certainly increase the value of visiting each individual body to perform experiments, especially since the tech tree will be basically unlocked when you get there, unless of course you get some kind of mod, anyways, besides that, the small criticism is that some textures look kinda low-res, most of them are amazing, but the blue lava lakes for example look kinda pixelated from the map view, while the rest of the textures look normal, i don't think it is my computer doing that and i don't know how it looks like up close, but if you ever plan to fix the very few low-res textures (i've only found 2 i think) it would make the mod even more amazing, even if i had to wait months for the update to arrive! Once again congrats on the amazing mod and i'll certainly be following this gem closely!

Edited by Vini
small typo.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

你好,我把这个模组翻译成了中文。如果您愿意,可以将它们添加到本地化文件夹中。

CFG 文件的位置

[Moderator added translation]

Hello, I translated this mod into Chinese. You can add them to the localization folder if you want. Location of the CFG file:

https://github.com/pythonwby/Localization/blob/abcc6fad69afd85affac96cf30596505cae2395c/Strange%20New%20Worlds/zh-cn.cfg

Edited by wby123
Added Translation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, wby123 said:

你好,我把这个模组翻译成了中文。如果您愿意,可以将它们添加到本地化文件夹中。

CFG 文件的位置

[Moderator added translation]

Hello, I translated this mod into Chinese. You can add them to the localization folder if you want. Location of the CFG file:

https://github.com/pythonwby/Localization/blob/abcc6fad69afd85affac96cf30596505cae2395c/Strange%20New%20Worlds/zh-cn.cfg

Much appreciated! I was not expecting this. Thank you.

On 2/12/2022 at 11:40 AM, Vini said:

Hey, first of all, i just wanted to congratulate you on your amazing pack, honestly i really think this is one of the best star system mods up-to-date, high, HIGH up there on the list (on my list at least) together with Extrasolar, GU, OWR, Precursor's planet pack and the now-unfortunately-dead KSS (now "rebooted" into GU), i mean, it has some amazing textures, some amazing and creative planet descriptions and it is also challenging, but rewarding to get there because of the cool scatters on the surfaces, however i do have 1 request and 1 small criticism, i would like to ask you if you ever plan on doing some custom science configs for the science experiments, since that would also make it even better when i get there and see some cool texts instead of just seeing the (amazing) surfaces and the default "you collected a sample" or whatever, i know that doing custom science configs can be time-consuming, especially when life gets in the way, however i don't expect to see it anytime soon mind you, i am just asking if that is ever planned to happen, it would certainly increase the value of visiting each individual body to perform experiments, especially since the tech tree will be basically unlocked when you get there, unless of course you get some kind of mod, anyways, besides that, the small criticism is that some textures look kinda low-res, most of them are amazing, but the blue lava lakes for example look kinda pixelated from the map view, while the rest of the textures look normal, i don't think it is my computer doing that and i don't know how it looks like up close, but if you ever plan to fix the very few low-res textures (i've only found 2 i think) it would make the mod even more amazing, even if i had to wait months for the update to arrive! Once again congrats on the amazing mod and i'll certainly be following this gem closely!

Thank you. Due to the amount of work and writing required I do not presently plan on doing science definitions, as nice as that would be. If it weren't so much I'd do it, but as it stands I am avoiding taking too much weight so I don't kill the rare bits of motivation I get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/16/2022 at 7:59 PM, Zaffre said:

Much appreciated! I was not expecting this. Thank you.

Thank you. Due to the amount of work and writing required I do not presently plan on doing science definitions, as nice as that would be. If it weren't so much I'd do it, but as it stands I am avoiding taking too much weight so I don't kill the rare bits of motivation I get.

Hey, no problem! I understand! But, say, if i did some science definitions, and if they were good enough, would you consider plugging them in? Not that i plan on doing them immediately, but i'd love to help you, plus it would improve my experience as well, since i love doing experiments! By the way, since you don't plan on doing science definitions, i wanted to ask, do you plan on updating some low-res textures in the future? Or are those also final? Thank you for your answer, by the way! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, RussiaNB said:

How do I install it ?

Take the StrangeNewWorlds folder inside of the GameData folder in the download, and put that inside of the GameData folder contained in your root Kerbal Space Program folder. Installing its dependencies should work similarly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WarriorSabe said:

Take the StrangeNewWorlds folder inside of the GameData folder in the download, and put that inside of the GameData folder contained in your root Kerbal Space Program folder. Installing its dependencies should work similarly

thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

I just try this mod on 1.12.2, so far there are some glitches, I think that´s kinda normal considering that it is not officially supported for this version of the game.

Anyway, some altitude errors causing landers to miss land at 200 mts, if you land ,the ships always falls to the side, ground is not found, so there´s no way to mining minerals, graphical glitches on map view on some planets too.

Hope this helps if you want to put out a 1.12 version.

 

cheers,

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hey howdy howdy. Boy, it's been a hot minute since there's been an update eh? Well I've got good news and probably not so good news.

Good news is I've managed to put together an update that adds a couple features and makes tweaks and fixes problems, and it will finally bring it on to 1.12 officially! I hope to have it release in the next couple days provided there's no major issues. It won't be a huge update nor does it add new bodies however. It refreshes existing ones.

The not so good news is that I intended to have this done in mid-late last year. There's been issues outside of KSP that have prevented me from making progress and they continue to get in my way. But at any rate, I'm also getting a bit weary. So SNW might be left as is outside of the rare surge of progress. With KSP 2 coming along that shouldn't be too bad anyway.

Edited by Zaffre
word. Words are a thing, yes?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sky Kerman said:

hey how do you download this? There are two folders MACOSX_ and StrangeNewWorlds. I'm on windows, which one do I put in gamedata?

StrangeNewWorlds! MACOSX is a system file generated by, you guessed it, Mac OS. It serves no purpose on other platforms and is hidden on Mac. So you can outright delete it.

This will not be an issue in the next update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Version 0.1.3 is finally here!

Due to Spacedock's finicky nature I have not been able to get an upload on there yet, so it is restricted to the GitHub for the moment. I will provide some new pictures soon, but right now I'm tired lol. I hope y'all enjoy it! This might be my last hurrah.

GitHub link

Edited by Zaffre
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Take two, and action! Back in business. Spent some time and killed some other bugs that flew past my radar. No more issues should be afoot, yahoo.  Being on hiatus isn't too great for the ducks that are sure to wander out of their rows.

Grab it on GitHub!
Spacedock comes soon™


Changelog

Spoiler

-Updated for use in 1.12!

-Oceanus and Aeneas have new looks!
-Oceanus EVE config added
-There is now a system barycenter.
-Hreveldor now has unique scatters!
-NEW AND SUPERIOR SUN FLARES! Thanks to Caps Lock.
-PLANET FLARES WITHOUT DOE! Requires scatterer.
-New settings file
-Planetshine compatibility
-Researchbodies compatibility
-Sigma dimensions
-Distant object enhancement
-Sigma loading screens!
-Added Chinese translation
-The stars orbital configuration has shifted.

-Removed unused textures and configs
-Retired EVE atmospheres. Don't worry, EVE clouds and scatterer atmospheres are still here.
-Popcorn Porthos is dead! Long live ball Porthos.

-Small tweaks to stock atmospheres
-Spots of overbrightness when scatterer isn't installed is fixed.
-There is now a system barycenter.
-Changed EVE auroras
-Modified EVE clouds of some bodies
-Files converted to .dds! It should perform a little better.
-HOMESWITCH ADDED! You will start on Kisa.
-SNW worlds appear on the main menu now! Finally. Felt weird without them.
-Adjusted some rings
-A whole other plethora of fixes and tweaks!

20220617145316_1.jpg  20220617150215_1.jpg20220618155514_1.jpg20220617225752_1.jpg20220503003916_1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be cool if you added the wormhole from the singularity. It looks cool but I don't know coding so I don't know if that would be to difficult.

1CC6pkG-Kkhbd_ysKj61JE7MlbpEgzYlVpCX_95ptMqpiN5lQS-DG-SKpgvTWPQBWMVmQObvMdaFC9leSEQiWx6nI8bqAB6IAQLm4xSMO6l5KR-dkqtA2TePYhtmNqqsoNMv6nrf

Edited by Apollo 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Apollo 13 said:

It would be cool if you added the wormhole from the singularity. It looks cool but I don't know coding so I don't know if that would be to difficult.

1CC6pkG-Kkhbd_ysKj61JE7MlbpEgzYlVpCX_95ptMqpiN5lQS-DG-SKpgvTWPQBWMVmQObvMdaFC9leSEQiWx6nI8bqAB6IAQLm4xSMO6l5KR-dkqtA2TePYhtmNqqsoNMv6nrf

Hm. I'll have to double-check the configs. It should be there? The distance might be too much.

While it's on my mind, I don't have much for plans for going bananas with the upcoming Parallax scatters n' whatnot. I can't bring myself to work on the mod most of the time and when I do, I don't enjoy it. Hoping the upcoming EVE is fairly easy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is this save game compatible or not at all and new game is required ?

 

And looks like this is not compatible with AVP ? 

Edited by Jovzin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...