[1.12] Strange New Worlds | A New High-Quality Star System To Explore!

Zaffre

so the description describes Aeneas as a 'garden world' ... is that still accurate?  There's no water, just a dry seabed and a bunch of rocks, and my rover got stuck and broke a wheel as soon as it was out of the rover bay on my starship... 1.5 standard G damages at least the stock wheels.. I don't see much 'garden' about this planet?

8 hours ago, ss8913 said:

so the description describes Aeneas as a 'garden world' ... is that still accurate?  There's no water, just a dry seabed and a bunch of rocks, and my rover got stuck and broke a wheel as soon as it was out of the rover bay on my starship... 1.5 standard G damages at least the stock wheels.. I don't see much 'garden' about this planet?

The description says that it WAS like Kerbin, not that its still is now, also, there're still oceans and seas, just a lot less than before.

Also,  as least according to what I have found in the configs, most info about the planet says that its like Eve, not Kerbin

Edited by Cyrus Playz

On 7/25/2021 at 6:33 PM, ss8913 said:

Aeneas is not a garden world. Unless another mod is borking the descriptions, it is explicitly stated it is similar to Eve, but lighter and with a thinner atmosphere. The green does not come from plants.

There are liquids, but it's small seas of diluted water and oil-like goo.

7 hours ago, Tachtra said:

Are you sure Oceanus is supposed to have an average temperature of 290 Kelvin/16 °C/62F? It is frozen all over, and these average temperatures match those of earth, meaning at some points the ice should melt.

Yup! Oceanus is not frozen at all. What you're seeing is the cloud cover. It is an ocean world through and through.

Woo! This made it to thread of the month. Good timing too, since I plan on putting out an update later this month as I've gotten free from the previous semester.

On 7/27/2021 at 11:33 PM, Cyrus Playz said:

Speaking of Oceanus, Idk if this is just me, But I can see through Oceanus and see usir when I land on Oceanus

This will be remedied next update.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there all,

I had hoped to have an update out before the end of the month, but rl stuff has really caught on to me and so to have issues upstairs. It pains me to not have it out by this point already, particularly considering that this is thread of the month and I had hoped to capitalize on that.

But I'll give an idea of what is to come. Oceanus is getting its texture rework, which will include new normals, biomes, and potentially icecaps. Compatibility with some of Sigma's mods like Dimensions and Loading Screens are on the docket, as well as providing new, unique scatters for Hreveldor and updating the pack to 1.12 as it'll use textures provided in the new updates instead of just 1.8's. However that'll mean it's basically 1.12 only for now on. Eventually™ I'll be paving the way for new objects around Porthos and Athos, but that is a ways out.

Spoiler

Heya! Sorry if I am bothering anyone here but I’ve been having a significant FPS drop(supernaturally low) on Denali’s surface(happens when the terrain starts to appear). I’ve even had all my graphic settings dipped but the problem still persists. A bit of inconvenient for my 80 years trip slow-mo interstellar probe :( . Anyways if there’s any solutions(or not, don’t mind at all ;) ) Do let me know, thanks!!!!

9 hours ago, Dazzz said:
  Hide contents

Heya! Sorry if I am bothering anyone here but I’ve been having a significant FPS drop(supernaturally low) on Denali’s surface(happens when the terrain starts to appear). I’ve even had all my graphic settings dipped but the problem still persists. A bit of inconvenient for my 80 years trip slow-mo interstellar probe :( . Anyways if there’s any solutions(or not, don’t mind at all ;) ) Do let me know, thanks!!!!

Fear not, I am aware of this issue. This should be resolved or at least reduced in the next update. It's something about the PQS or LandControl subnode doing some buggery.

On 6/7/2021 at 9:21 AM, Zaffre said:

unknown.png

Whats Deepwater gate?, it dosnt have a soi so it should be a space station but then why is in in the delta v map, or it does have one but is soo tiny/gravity soo low that it takles lower that 1 m/s of delta v to land and go to "orbit"

1 hour ago, ffx said:

Whats Deepwater gate?, it dosnt have a soi so it should be a space station but then why is in in the delta v map, or it does have one but is soo tiny/gravity soo low that it takles lower that 1 m/s of delta v to land and go to "orbit"

Deepwater Gate is a wormhole. Thus, it only appears when you have the appropriate KopEx module installed.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:15 PM, Zaffre said:

Deepwater Gate is a wormhole. Thus, it only appears when you have the appropriate KopEx module installed.

Does it go anywhere? Can't figure out how to get it to work. I orbit it low and when i get around it it says "Warp Successful" but I am still around Deepwater gate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having some trouble running KSP. When at the main screen receiving an error message, "Kopernicus wasn't able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process"

Googled as much as I could and I am at a roadblock not sure how to fix this. Here is my Installed Mod ListKopernicus Log File and KSP.LOG file

I thought this was Kopernicus causing the issue but I removed Strange New Worlds with CKAN and the error goes away.

Edit: So maybe it was RSS. I now have Strange new world and outer planets installed and it works great. Cleaned up some mods I don't use as well as removed RSS and no errors.

Edited by Fihnakis
Narrowing down cause

On 10/14/2021 at 4:53 PM, Fihnakis said:

Having some trouble running KSP. When at the main screen receiving an error message, "Kopernicus wasn't able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process"

Googled as much as I could and I am at a roadblock not sure how to fix this. Here is my Installed Mod ListKopernicus Log File and KSP.LOG file

I thought this was Kopernicus causing the issue but I removed Strange New Worlds with CKAN and the error goes away.

Edit: So maybe it was RSS. I now have Strange new world and outer planets installed and it works great. Cleaned up some mods I don't use as well as removed RSS and no errors.

Ah, glad to see it works for you now. I'll have to look into that sometime.

On 9/27/2021 at 7:17 PM, Bluespace said:

Awesome! Thank you for this piece of art:)

You are very welcome! Glad to provide.

...Wow. It sure has been a while since I've said something, huh? I feel very bad for letting this sit, but I have been having a truly terrible time with motivation while also tied with rl stuff. New computer, school, family stuff, all that jazz. BUT! This is not dead. Nuh-uh. Sometime later this month I should have the update out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 10:19 AM, Zaffre said:

Ah, glad to see it works for you now. I'll have to look into that sometime.

You are very welcome! Glad to provide.

...Wow. It sure has been a while since I've said something, huh? I feel very bad for letting this sit, but I have been having a truly terrible time with motivation while also tied with rl stuff. New computer, school, family stuff, all that jazz. BUT! This is not dead. Nuh-uh. Sometime later this month I should have the update out.

also won't work with Precursors Planet Pack if you're interested

23 hours ago, Zaffre said:

"Won't work" doesn't tell me anything. At least give a proper explanation and provide logs.

sorry, it is also Kopernicus wasn't able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process.

log: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/udd4bazn1pxcllp/AAD4ATEvTqxmJNmt5_h964_ha?dl=0

Edited by ssd21345

2 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

also Kopernicus wasn't able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process.

log: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/udd4bazn1pxcllp/AAD4ATEvTqxmJNmt5_h964_ha?dl=0

Thank you. Now I think I see the issue here. That pack kills "sun" which is a big no-no. It should either edit the sun, or move the line that kills the sun into the same file that provides its own sun.

On 9/8/2021 at 1:26 PM, alexyogurt said:

Does it go anywhere? Can't figure out how to get it to work. I orbit it low and when i get around it it says "Warp Successful" but I am still around Deepwater gate.

Have you figured out how it works? It's supposed to bring you back to the original solar system but it hasn't been working for me yet. :/