[WIP] Homeworld Planet Mod Development Page

smushanoob

The Overview                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Homeworld Planet Pack is a mod, centered around a dying white dwarf star. It takes place 62.7 trillion years after the event of Kerbal Space Program. This is my best mod so far, and I hope this will be seen as a good mod, as I intend it to be. This system is not very scientifically accurate from what I know, so take it with a pinch of salt.

THIS MOD IS NOT READY FOR REVIEW.

Screenshots

Spoiler

(Many details and effects here are currently unreleased content, and are being released in the full version.)
https://imgur.com/a/QpXY4oS

Dependencies

Supported

Spoiler

YOU REALLY WANT THIS ^

(also sigma replacements skybox and loadingscreens but theres no forum for that)

Special Thanks

@ShbibeCurrently making a trailer

The Kopernicus Discord Server

@ballisticfox0 Testing the mod

@R-T-B Maintaining Kopernicus

@TheProtagonists Aurora textures, and (some) EVE textures specifically from the The World Beyond, going to be added in the full release of this mod. (The license has shifted to allow usage of assets.)

@RJVB09 Lightcurve Calculator

@OhioBobAtmosphere calculator

@Caps Lock the sunflare from CKN (thx again lol)

Downloads

[Removed] 

Sorry, to prevent confusion old Homeworld has been taken down.

Licensing

CC-BY-ND-ND

(except for some assets including but not limited to aurorae and the CKN sunflare which fall under their own licenses)

My Discord Server for real-time updates

https://discord.com/invite/ssWqYBuhwb

Edited by smushanoob

7 minutes ago, Hatattack said:

Looking incredible! What scale will this system be? Would love to see a 2.5x scale :)  Can't wait until it's out!

Its currently at Kerbal scale, but i might add Rescale support if i can figure that out :)

Also a realism complain

On 6/8/2021 at 4:31 AM, smushanoob said:

Etorian - White dwarf star

Quinn - Red Dwarf Star

Red dwarf stars at that age of the universe is rare, the more common ones are blue dwarf (evo of red) 

51 minutes ago, ffx said:

Also a realism complain

Red dwarf stars at that age of the universe is rare, the more common ones are blue dwarf (evo of red) 

I'm aware of this. The system isn't very realistic. Thanks for your concern, however. :)

Edited by smushanoob

Community test version 0.1 is out. (Secondary and Tertiary download links up for now)

When downloading, consider the following: Please report bugs to me, do know these updates will be few and far between, and enjoy at the risk of bugs.

*unfortunately, no rescale or sciencedefs yet :(

:)

Edited by smushanoob

Community Test Version 0.2 is out! I forgot to update the README file, but thats not important.

Changelog

Spaced out orbits

Fixed terro having no land

Removed accidental swear from hidden text file

New cloudmaps for Itau/Urnaterrae (I took them from Kolyphemeus system, which falls under a CC-BY-NC-SA, which i didn't build on the original textures meaning my license is still compatible.)

Other minor changes.

Im still battling with spacedock because its not working. :confused:

Edited by smushanoob