Keridian Dynamics (KDVA)

zer0Kerbal

Keridian Dynamics KSP version License Curseforge GitHub SpaceDock CKAN Pages

Keridian Dynamics (KDVA)

Parts pack for resource-conversion and vessel-assembly for Kerbal Space Program.

By zer0Kerbal, originally by @Eleusis La Arwall

adopted with express permission and brought to you by KerbSimpleCo

PECUNIA PER KERBULUS

KeridianDynamics Hero

Preamble by @Eleusis La Arwall

This pack contains a Furnace and a ChemicalReactor to convert Ore to Metal and a 3D-Printer to print RocketParts from Metal. Also some launchpads that require ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads to assemble vessels from Rocketparts and some tanks to store Metal and RocketParts. The production-chain is very basic: Ore --> Metal --> RocketParts --> Vessel.

See More

Help Wanted

• Compatibility patches
  • Contracts for these glorious parts!
  • Variant Textures
  • Model updates to Unity 2019
  • Marketing Images and Videos such as hero shots, animated gifs, short highlight
  • Have a request? Glad to have them, kindly submit through GitHub.

Localization

• English English
  • 简体中文 Simplified Chinese (简体中文) 太感谢了 (thank you) to @ShadowSTAR616
  • 国语 Taiwanese (国语) 太感谢了 (thank you) to @ShadowSTAR616
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

• English English
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

Installation Directions 1

Use CurseForge/OverWolf App (currently does not install dependencies)

CurseForge/OverWolf App

Whilst I agree CKAN is a great mod for those that can't use zip tools. I take no part, nor am I interested in maintaining the CKAN mod metadata for my mods. Please don't ask me about it but refer to the CKAN mod thread if you are having issues with CKAN or the metadata it maintains. Beware, CKAN can really mess up though it tries very, very, very hard not to.

or CKAN

Dependencies

Recommends

Suggests

Supports

Replaces

• KeridianDynamicsVesselAssembly

Tags

• parts, config, flags, agency, resources, science, tech-tree, career, crewed, uncrewed

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

Credits and Special Thanks

A very big THANK YOU to the following mod developers and specially the plugin-writers/maintainers (because that is witchcraft to me ;) ) for their hard work:

Legal Mumbo Jumbo (License provenance)

Spoiler

Current (1) - zer0Kerbal

Forum: Thread - Source: GitHub
License: License License

Disclaimer(s)

All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses
All art assets (textures, models, animations, sounds) are distributed under their own licenses

see Notices.md for more legal mumbo jumbo

Original (0) - Author: @Eleusis La Arwall

Forum: Thread - Download: GitHub - Source: Dropbox
License: License License

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Support Github Sponsor Patreon Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

Keridian Dynamics Logo Product Line Up

Connect with me

Track progress: issues here and projects here along with The Short List

zer0Kerbal | kerbalspaceprogram.comzer0Kerbal | CurseForgezer0Kerbal | redditzer0Kerbal | Patreonzer0Kerbal | YouTubezer0Kerbal | Twitchzer0Kerbal | PayPalzer0Kerbal | Buy Me a Coffeezer0Kerbal | Twitter

1. this isn't a mod. ;P↩︎

2. may work on other versions (YMMV)↩︎

3. Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date!↩︎

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

Here you go. The more reports back the faster I can get it released.

v0.8.9.1-prerelease Vacuuming the Carpets

available on CurseForge.

Kindly file reports (bug, issue, enhancement, etc) on GitHub repo (discussion : issues)

everything (should) shows up in the VAB.

todo:

• update readme
  • update patches
  •  wait for :its not working: reports
  •  move over to B9 primary
  •  update dependencies
  • create new forum thread.
Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Gonna try this out. Will report back tomorrow.

EDIT: Alright, right off the bat I see all the KD stuff doesn't have it's own dedicated category type in the VAB/SPH like all EL stuff does. It also doesn't have a 'manufacturer' either to be able to group them that way (well, it does have a manufacturer, but it doesn't show up as a particular tab in Advanced Mode). I'll use Janitor's Closet to filter accordingly for now.
I'm really liking the fact that KD uses SystemHeat (or is that automatic module handling?), and that the normal drills got a metalore function. Kinda wish the furnaces still used the EL method of turning metalore+LF+Ox to metal, instead of turning ore to metal (the chemical reaction made sense) but that's not a huge issue. Well, not much of an issue at all since I didn't like the fact that you needed Kethane to have hotspots of metalore on worlds. Simple is not always better but that felt like a roundabout way of cheating me out of good metalore extraction since Kethane is a no-go right now.
I thought for a moment I was missing the recyclers, but they're just in a science node that was empty beforehand (thus still locked). Pretty late in the CTT, as it were. Don't actually know how tech tree integration works, but I would have liked to unlock the smaller recycler earlier, and the big one later.

Models are, at the very least, at the level of stock parts. The only part I would say could use some work is the KD-OrbitalHangar. I understand what it's going for, but if I were to use anything with a gantry I'd probably make my own with robotics so as to fold everything neatly. As it is, too unwieldy.

P.S. As it were, some testing also answered the question I had yesterday on the EL thread, namely that the recycler (at least the EL one) will correctly transfer the 'rocket part' resource to available storage space. This mean that I can launch RP payloads from the surface of the Mun using solid rocket boosters (plus a bit of LF/Ox for adjustment), and have the orbital shipyard eat everything whole instead of having to worry about docking, or even having crew on hand.

P.P.S. Well, recyclers also eat Kerbals. Good to know. It seems they are worth some scrap metal too (10.62 to be exact). It's a morbid idea, but you could build a craft out of little green men.

Edited by Axelord FTW

On 11/24/2021 at 4:50 AM, Axelord FTW said:

recyclers also eat Kerbals

we are sending the recyclers back to primary school to discern the difference between scrap and kerbals;  although in the recycler's defense, they do kinda resembler each other. :D (In truth, I don't believe there is anything that can be done about the blood-thirst all recyclers seem to have. :valsob:

Oh no, I'm not complaining about that at all! The more Kerbal-eating machinery that can be found in-game, the better.

EDIT: I'm having trouble with the KD-3D Printer. Lets me start and stop the RP printing in the VAB, but in-flight all I get as options are Toggle, Deploy, and Retract. Clicking on the last two just removes them from the list of options, and does nothing. Going by that and also what my code-illiterate brain can see by what's in the .cfg, I'm guessing this part is supposed to have an animation, and that only the 'deployed' version of the part can make RP out of metal in-flight. Initially, I get 'Status: locked' on launch but hitting Deploy or Retract adds another that says 'Status: Moving'.

If I switch away to another scene or vessel and come back (before touching anything), I get the option to start printing RP, but hitting Deploy or Retract will stop the process and lock things up permanently. The printer has a duplicate .cfg entry (well, it's almost completely identical) in the parts folder. Don't think this has anything to do with it.

EDIT2: For now I deleted the animation modules in the .cfg, and also removed one of the duplicates. Seems to work, I can start and stop at will, and there are no more jank buttons.

Edited by Axelord FTW

Don't want to submit anything half-assed, and I don't have a clean KSP install anywhere to test specific mods on at the moment. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

EDIT: Sorry, but I'm having HDD issues and I'm low on SSD space. I might get it sorted out later, or not. I'm kinda lazy.
P.S. Also spotted the chemical reactor has one of its outputs set as [EC+MetalOre=>Metal+Ore] (instead of the listed Metal+LFO output). Either the text on the button/description are wrong, or the output. The .cfg file for the reactor 

The [EC+Ore=>Metal+LF+Ox] works as advertised, and I haven't seen any other discrepancies yet.

KD-Recycler Site also shows as having a volume of 555,000 liters, making it impossible to put into a container, or into a Kerbal's inventory. Also, not that I actually want to do this, but large KD recycler has a similar volume (460k L), so I'm thinking this is related in the way KIS tries to calculate the volume (which would include the recycling area)? I'll add the following to the part's .cfg in the meantime.  Doesn't seem to fix anything, my ctrl+c/ctrl+v skills have been thwarted! 

KD-Extension Pad also doesn't seem to generate whatever you want to build on it correctly. At least, it doesn't generate a functional orientation, if you want to compare it to any other 'launchpads'). Generated crafts to be built over the KD-EP are flipped 180 degree (an horizontal KD-EP pointing east, for example, will generate whatever pointing west instead), and also offset in such a way that the generated extension will stick out in both directions from the KD-EP's main axis. 

EDIT3?: Also changed the attachment rules for the recycler site, to allow me to build something with a KD-RS attached to a surface. Also, I'm guessing the KD-RS should allow a hose to connect directly to it, except I wasn't getting an option, so I also had to change the attachment rule to allow other things to attach to it and slap on a KAS hose connector on the stake.

Edited by Axelord FTW

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Taking 'Suzie' the sledgehammer out for a testdrive.

Had Keridan Dynamics (KDVA), SimpleConstruction! (SCON) and Not So SimpleConstruction (NSSC), along with both KIS and KAS installed.

Was able to drive stakes with both stock and KAS/KIS mechanics.

Just remember if you want to use KIS/KAS (until new versions out of beta) must have the stakes in KAS inventory, not stock inventory (or use the spawn item cheat)

@taniwhaand @IgorZ

\177465761-9c250d97-4ac8-465c-9555-2e7c52

Also note:

There will be a series of updates to this addon.

Each update will update some of the parts and patches so that instead of one massive update, I can update the addon in a more manageable way.

First update coming up now.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Keridian Dynamics Version
KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 0.8.99.0-prerelease - <Please Read the Instructions #1> edition

04 Jul 2022
Release for Kerbal Space Program [KSP 1.12.x]

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:
DELETE EXISTING INSTALLATION THEN RE-INSTALL

Download from CurseForge

Changes

This is the first in a series of updates to this addon. Each update will update some of the parts and patches so that instead of one massive update, I can update the addon in a more manageable way.

Spoiler
  • Parts Updated in this Pass:
    • [KDChemicalReactor]
    • [KD3DPrinter-250.cfg]
    • [KD-SledgeHammer.cfg]
    • Cargo Tanks
      • [KD-ST1001FS]
      • [KD-ST1251FS]
      • [KD-ST1252FS]
      • [KD-ST1253FS]

minor changes

• [SimpleConstruction.cfg] v v1.1.0.0
    • add header
    • remove ! hitchhiker
      • was
        • @MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter],*:HAS[!#ConverterName[Ore-->Metal+LFO]]
      • now
        • @MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter],*:HAS[#ConverterName[Ore-->Metal+LFO]]
  • [KD-OSERocketParts.cfg] v1.1.0.0
    • PatchManager\PluginData
    • add header
    • was
      • @OSE_DefaultRecipe:AFTER[Workshop]
    • now
      • @OSE_DefaultRecipe:NEEDS[Workshop]:AFTER[Workshop]
    • was
      • @PART[*]:HAS[OSE_PartRecipe:HAS[#MaterialKits[1]]]:AFTER[Workshop]
    • now
      • @PART[*]:HAS[@OSE_PartRecipe:HAS[#MaterialKits[1]]]:NEEDS[Workshop]:AFTER[Workshop]+

Compatibility

• [KerbalInventorySystem.cfg] v1.1.0.0
    • rename from [KIS.cfg]
    • remove Sledgehammer patches
    • no longer necessary

Parts

• Replace
    • [KD-3DPrinter.cfg] NEW
    • [KD-3D-Printer.cfg] Original
    • new part name is: KD-3DPrinter-250
  • [ghostparts.cfg]
    • which will go away with version 0.9.0.0-release
      • KD-3D-Printer
      • KD-3DPrinter
  • Update/Lint/Asset pass
    • [KD-ST1001FS] v1.1.0.0
    • [KD-ST1251FS] v1.1.0.0
    • [KD-ST1252FS] v1.1.0.0
    • [KD-ST1253FS] v1.1.0.0
    • [KD-SledgeHammer.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • move KIS module into part
      • add :NEEDS[KIS] to make part only show if KIS is installed
    • closes #6 - [Bug th?id=OIP.cpfOx3RRCNI7JwVjr6zMzAAAAA%26pid=Api&f=1]: Also survey stakes are upside down when placed,
    • closes #5 - [Bug th?id=OIP.cpfOx3RRCNI7JwVjr6zMzAAAAA%26pid=Api&f=1]: Cannot equip sledgehammer or stakes

Graphical changes

• Resize Flags
    • from 256x160 to 512x320
  • HeroLogo
    • update

IVA/Spaces

• renamed from _ to - in IVA names
  • started splitting out the individual IVA's into separate files

Localization

• Add
    • [readme.md] v2.1.2.0
    • [quickstart.md] v1.0.1.1
  • Many minor updates to [en-us.cfg]
    • including renaming from us-en.cfg to en-us.cfg
    • simplified the localization string names
    • scraped KSP dictionary for settings
  • [KS-FAVA.cfg]
    • @ShadowSTAR616 reports
    • part now localized
    • closes #37 - [Bug th?id=OIP.cpfOx3RRCNI7JwVjr6zMzAAAAA%26pid=Api&f=1]: KS-FAVA part not localized
  • [KDChemicalReactor]
    • add "2.5m" to title
  • [KD3DPrinter-250.cfg]
    • add "2.5m" add "2.5m" to title
  • updates #33 - Part Localization
  • updates #16 - English <us-en.cfg>
  • updates #15 - Localization - Master

Status

• Issues
    • closes #10 - KeridianDynamics 0.8.99.0-prerelease <Please Read the Instructions #1> edition
    • closes #11 - 0.8.99.0-prerelease Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #12 - 0.8.99.0-prerelease Update Documentation
    • closes #13 - 0.8.99.0-prerelease Social Media
    • closes #4 - friznit updates

See More

• Changelog Summary for more details of changes : See ChangeLog
  • Discussions and news on this mod : See Discussions or KSP Forums
  • Known Issues for more details of feature requests and known issues : See Known Issues
  • GitHub Pages : See Pages

Localization

• English English
  • your translation here

How to get support

Support Patreon Github Sponsor Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

• 2 weeks later...

KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 0.8.99.1-prerelease - <#2 Please Read the Instructions> edition

17 Jul 2022

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:

Download from CurseForge

Summary

• All Cargo Tanks are now finished with the initial pass.
  • RecycleSite had a pass.
  • All thumbs should now be available.
  • Can now search for 'kdva' in the editor search bar to find all Keridian Dynamics parts.

Changes

Spoiler

This is the second in a series of updates to this addon. Each update will update some of the parts and patches so that instead of one massive update I can update the addon in a more manageable way.

Part of the complexity is the advanced design of this addon. The addon is designed to be as modular as possible, so that it can be used in a variety of ways.

• Parts Updated in this Pass:
    • [KD-RecycleSite.cfg] v1.1.0.0
    • Cargo Tanks (all of them)
      • [KD-ST2001FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-ST2002FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-ST2501FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-ST2502FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-ST2503FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-ST3751FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-ST3752FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-ST3753FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-ST3001FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-ST3002FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-ST3251FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-ST3252FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-T3753FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-T1251FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-T1252FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-T1253FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-T2001FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-T2501FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-T2502FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-T2503FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-T3251FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-T3751FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0
      • [KD-T3752FS.cfg] v1.1.0.0

Localization

• Add Simplified Chinese (简体中文)
  • Many minor updates to [en-us.cfg] v1.1.1.0
    • simplified the localization string names
  • [DrillScience.cfg] v1.1.1.0
    • Add strings for drill science
      • [#KDVA-drill-name] = Dig Ore sample
      • [#KDVA-drill-coll] = Collect Ore sample
      • [#KDVA-drill-rset] = Reset Drill
  • Spelling
    • Strait --> straight
  • tags
    • add 'kdva' to all tags
  • closes #16 - English <us-en.cfg>
  • closes #24 - Simplified Chinese (简体中文) <zh-cn.cfg>
  • closes #33 - Part Localization

Compatibility

• Add header
    • [CommunityTechTree.cfg] v1.1.0.0
    • [ConnectedLivingSpace.cfg] v1.1.0.0
    • [DrillScience.cfg]
    • [EL-Launchpad.cfg]
  • Rename
    • [EL-Launchpad.cfg] --> [ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.cfg.cfg] v1.1.0.0

Status

• Issues
    • closes #43 - 0.8.99.1 Update Social Media
    • closes #42 - 0.8.99.1 Update Documentation
    • closes #41 - 0.8.99.1 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #40 - Keridian Dynamics (KDVA) 0.8.99.1-prerelease <#2 Please Read the Instructions>

See More

• Known Issues for more details of feature requests and known issues : See Known Issues

Localization

• English English
  • your translation here

How to get support

• 2 weeks later...

KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 0.8.99.2-prerelease - <#3 Please Read the Instructions> edition

27 Jul 2022

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:

Download from CurseForge

Summary

• 国语 Taiwanese (国语)
  • Updated: RecyclerSmall and Recycler
  • Mostly internal updates to localization.
  • Can now search for kd or kdva in the editor search bar to find all Keridian Dynamics parts.

Spoiler

Changes

This is the second in a series of updates to this addon. Each update will update some of the parts and patches so that instead of one massive update I can update the addon in a more manageable way.

Part of the complexity is the advanced design of this addon. The addon is designed to be as modular as possible, so that it can be used in a variety of ways.

Parts 0.8.99.2

• Update
    • [KD-RecyclerSmall] v1.1.0.0
    • [KD-Recycler] v1.1.0.0
  • Fix
    • [KD-RecyclerSmall]
    • remove duplicate localization (one localized, one not)
    • (thank you) to @ShadowSTAR616
    • closes #47 - [Bug]: KD-RecyclerSmall part not fully localized

Localization

• Add Taiwanese (国语)
  • Update
    • <en-us.cfg> v1.1.2.0
    • <zh-cn.cfg> v1.1.2.0
      • simplified
  • Spelling
    • Strait --> straight
  • Add new strings to the localization files
    • used for editior search (tags)
    • #KDVA-tags = KD KDVA
  • closes #16 - English <us-en.cfg>
  • closes #24 - Simplified Chinese (简体中文) <zh-cn.cfg>
  • closes #31 - Taiwanese (国语) <zh-tw.cfg>
  • updates #33 - Part Localization

Compatibility

• Add
    • [KeridianDynamics.cfg] v1.0.0.0
    • adds cck-sc, cck-el, kd, kdva to tags
  • Rename
    • Remove extra .cfg.cfg
    • <ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.cfg.cfg> --> <ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.cfg>

Status

• Issues
    • closes #49 - Keridian Dynamics (KDVA) 0.8.99.2-prerelease <#3 Please Read the Instructions>
    • closes #50 - 0.8.99.2 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #51 - 0.8.99.2 Update Documentation
    • closes #52 - 0.8.99.2 Update Social Media

See More

Localization

• English English
  • your translation here

How to get support

• 2 months later...

MOD-NAME
KSP version License

AVC .version files Pages

Version 0.8.99.3-prerelease - <#4 Please Read the Instructions> edition

• 19 Oct 2022
  • Release for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.3

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:

Download from CurseForge

Spoiler

Summary

• More parts updated
  • Parts Catalog now has images
  • Can now search for kd or kdva in the editor search bar to find all Keridian Dynamics parts.

Changes

This is the next in a series of updates to this addon. Each update will update some of the parts and patches so that instead of one massive update I can update the addon in a more manageable way.

Parts 0.8.99.3

• Update
    • [KD-PAM.cfg] v1.1.0.0
    • [KD-PAMSmall.cfg] v1.1.0.0
    • [KD-FabricationContainer.cfg] v1.1.0.0
    • [KD-MobileVAB.cfg] v1.1.0.0
    • [KD-OrbitalHangar.cfg] v1.1.0.0

Localization 0.8.99.3

• Lint
    • <en-us.cfg> v1.1.3.0
    • <zh-cn.cfg> v1.1.3.0
    • <zh-tw.cfg> v1.1.3.0
  • updates #16 - English <us-en.cfg>
  • updates #24 - Simplified Chinese (简体中文) <zh-cn.cfg>
  • updates #31 - Taiwanese (国语) <zh-tw.cfg>

Config 0.8.99.3

• Update
    • <KeridianDynamics.cfg> v1.0.1.0
    • :NEEDS replace 'DaMichel/Fuselage' with 'KeridianDynamics'

Compatibility 0.8.99.3

• Add
    • <TETRIXTechTree.cfg> v1.0.0.0
      • placeholder (for now)
  • updates #60 - [compatibility] TETRIX  tech tree
  • updates #59 - SimplexColonies

Status 0.8.99.3

• Issues
    • closes #55 - Keridian Dynamics (KDVA) 0.8.99.3-prerelease <#4 Please Read the Instructions>
    • closes #56 - 0.8.99.3 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #57 - 0.8.99.3 Update Documentation
    • closes #58 - 0.8.99.3 Update Social Media

See More

Localization

• English English
  • your translation here

How to get support

Release Schedule

1. GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  2. CurseForge. Right now.
  3. SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Soon™
Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 3 weeks later...

Keridian Dynamics
KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 0.8.99.4-prerelease - <#5 Please Read the Instructions> edition

• Released
    • 08 Nov 2022
    • for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.4
    • by zer0Kerbal

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:

Download from CurseForge

Spoiler

Summary

• Found hiding textures for passable tanks
  • lots of linting and reorganizing
  • Parts Catalog now has images

Changes

• Passable tanks missing texture
    • Thank you to reddit user u/Galxemo
    • passable tanks were playing hide and go seek with a texture; now in same folder
    • closes #66 - [Bug]: passable tanks missing texture
  • <en-us.cfg> v1.1.4.0
    • eliminated many duplicated strings
  • KSP.log is reporting missing textures (28x each)
    • <KD-OrbitalHangar_IVALight.dds>
    • <KD-OrbitalHangar_IVALight_EMM.dds>
    • updates #65 - [Bug]: Log Spam - textures not found
  • Eliminated duplicated textures
    • saves ~5.32mb
    • <KD-FurnaceSmall_EMM.dds> 1.33mb
    • <KD-FurnaceSmall_NRM.dds> 1.33mb
    • <KD-FurnaceSmall.dds> 1.33mb
    • <KD-FurnaceSmall.mu> 1.33mb
  • Expermimental part added (but hidden)
    • updates #59 - SimplexColonies

Status 0.8.99.4

• Issues
    • closes #63 - Keridian Dynamics (KDVA) 0.8.99.4-prerelease <#5 Please Read the Instructions> edition
    • closes #64 - 0.8.99.4 Additional Tasks

See More

Spoiler

Localization

• English English
  • your translation here

How to get support

Spoiler

Release Schedule

Spoiler
Edited by zer0Kerbal
zipping it up

11 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Version 0.8.99.4-prerelease

Hi!  Thanks for updating and adding in such an awesome, sweet addition ;)

You'll need  a hotfix though.  The OASIS isn't turning up?  I'm looking at this issue now.

It may be that the OASIS habitation part says this:

PART:NEEDS[SIMPLEXColonies]

but it "needs" to say this?

PART:NEEDS[AngleCanMods/SIMPLEXColonies]

EDIT - Nope, there may also be the model is looking in the wrong  place too.   Not sure why its not coming up.  Still looking for the problem

Edited by theJesuit

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

Hi!  Thanks for updating and adding in such an awesome, sweet addition ;)

You'll need  a hotfix though.  The OASIS isn't turning up?  I'm looking at this issue now.

It may be that the OASIS habitation part says this:

PART:NEEDS[SIMPLEXColonies]

but it "needs" to say this?

PART:NEEDS[AngleCanMods/SIMPLEXColonies]

EDIT - Nope, there may also be the model is looking in the wrong  place too.   Not sure why its not coming up.  Still looking for the problem

Welcome - still a pre-release, and wanted to get the beta in of the SIMPLEXColonies part.

I added the :NEEDS so it doesn't show up for anyone not looking - this way it is included for you to work on. :D Eventually I plan on moving all the assets and configs into `Compatibility/SIMPLEX/`

• 1 month later...

Keridian Dynamics
KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 0.8.99.5-prerelease - <#6 Please Read the Instructions> edition

• Released
    • 12 Dec 2022
    • for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.4
    • by zer0Kerbal

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:

Download from CurseForge

Summary

Spoiler
  • This is next in a series of updates with each (pre)release updating some of the fourty-nine (49) parts and numerous patches. This allows for updating in manageable way.
  • loads of behind the scenes changes
  • fixed texture not found log spam
  • corrected some part tags having a double = instead of = //
  • added
    • agent
    • many new flags
  • Updated parts
    • kd-pad-extension
    • kd-pad
  • Can search kdkdva in editors
  • ghostparts.cfg has been updated and temporarily added for renamed parts

Changes 0.8.99.5

• fixed texture not found log spam
    • texture files where present, just not the correct encoding
  • corrected tags (had a double = instead of = //)
  • convert from .png --> .dds
  • Added
    • <Agents.cfg> v1.0.0.0
    • New Flags
  • Updated
    • <kd-pad.cfg> v1.1.0.0
    • <kd-pad-extension.cfg> v1.1.0.0
    • <ConnectedLivingSpace.cfg> v1.2.0.0
    • <en-us.cfg> v1.1.5.0

Status 0.8.99.5

• Issues
    • closes #69 - Keridian Dynamics (KDVA) 0.8.99.5-prerelease <#6 Please Read the Instructions> edition
    • closes #70 - 0.8.99.5 Additional Tasks
    • closes #59 - SimplexColonies
    • closes #65 - [Bug]: Log Spam - textures not found

See More

Spoiler

Localization

• English English
  • your translation here

How to get support

Release Schedule

Spoiler
Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 1 month later...

Keridian Dynamics
KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 0.8.99.6-prerelease - <#7 Please Read the Instructions> edition

• Released
    • 12 Jan 2023
    • for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.5
    • by zer0Kerbal

For best results: DO A CLEAN INSTALL: DELETE EXISTING INSTALLATION THEN RE-INSTALL

Download from CurseForge

Summary

Spoiler
  • This is next in a series of updates with each (pre)release updating some of the fourty-nine (49) parts and numerous patches. This allows for updating in manageable way.
  • some tags were playing hide and seek and have been found and now are 'it'
  • updated
    • agent
  • Updated parts
    • kd-fabricationcontainer.cfg
    • kd-fava
    • kd-Furnace.cfg
    • kd-LaunchPadSide.cfg
    • kd-Keronica.cfg
    • kd-LaunchPad.cfg
    • kd-LaunchPadSide.cfg
    • kd-LaunchPadTop.cfg
    • kd-LaunchSite.cfg
    • kd-orbital-hangar.cfg
    • kd-pad.cfg
    • kd-pam-small.cfg
    • kd-PAM.cfg
    • kd-RecycleSite.cfg
    • kd-recycler-small.cfg
    • kd-recycler.cfg
    • kd-SIMPLEXColonies-OASIS.cfg
    • kd-vab-mobile.cfg
  • Can search kdkdva in editors
  • ghostparts.cfg has been updated and temporarily added for renamed parts

See More

Spoiler

Localization

• English English
  • your translation here

How to get support

Release Schedule

Spoiler
Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 4 months later...

Does this mod require Community Resource Pack?

I get this error when it is not installed:

8539 [EXC 11:55:00.222] [ModuleManager] Exception while calling B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.ModuleManagerPostLoad(): 
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> 
System.Exception: Fatal exception while loading tank type KDMaterialKits ---> 
System.Exception: Exception while loading field resources on type B9PartSwitch.TankType ---> 
System.Exception: Exception while loading field resourceDefinition on type B9PartSwitch.TankResource ---> 
B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Parsers.PartResourceDefinitionValueParser+PartResourceNotFoundException: No resource definition named 'MaterialKits' could be found

Sigh, apologies...I had installed with CKAN and I now see that it isn't the latest version of the mod.  Will do a little updating...It would be wonderful if you could update KD on spacedock!

Welp, still hits a fatal error on 0.8.99.6: https://www.dropbox.com/s/73a4h1zfy20vi2h/KSP.log?dl=0

Edited by JonnyOThan